P4P+ RC battery replacement issue

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had my p4p+ in storage for last 18 months and when I recently went to use it I discovered that the RC would only charge to 3 flashing lights - approx 69%.

When I would turn on the RC the battery would drain extremely fast, and when I connected to the drone and attempted a test flight it drained even faster.

So I organised with a repairer to have the battery replaced. This is where it gets weird. Whilst picking it up he turned the RC on no problems - I didn’t pay much attention to the battery level but he did tell me it’s a new battery so it’ll be flat.
I had a 2 hour drive home so I attempted to charge on the way home with the 12v charger. It flashed on first light the whole way home and when I got home I turned it on for it to show 4% battery.

I then took it inside and plugged it into mains power charger. Once lights began flashing I turned it on and it said 26% battery.

I went and did something else for half hour or so then came back and the flashing lights were off. I turned RC on again and it said 29%. So I plugged it in again and within 10 minutes the lights had gone off again so I rang the repairer and organised to take it back today.

As I was walking to the repairers shop I pressed the button on the RC and only 2 lights were showing. When I handed it over to him he turned it on and then showed me the RC was showing all 4 lights. When it booted up we checked battery percentage and it showed 96%.

He turned it off and we plugged it into the wall. All four lights flashing like it’s nearly 100% charged.
We turn it on again and it now shows 86% battery.

He says he’s repaired hundreds if not thousands of these and has never seen anything like it.

I was at first suspicious that he did not actually replace the battery because now I can only get it back to 69% again before the lights turn off.
However when I got home again today I connected it to the drone and ran a test flight for 10 minutes and I only lost 9%, whereas prior to the replacement I would have drained the 69% in about 3 minutes tops.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before???

It’s almost like the RC is now recognising 69% as though it’s 100%.
Another thing I noticed was that when it was at 4% yesterday, there was no alarm? Whereas usually it would be sounding an alarm to say it’s nearly going to die?

Often replacing the battery in the remote doesn't fix charging. I've also tried board flashing (by heat gun) with mixed results. If interested, I have a like new (unopened from DJI) 300F $200 and a 300E (w/screen) $250 remote available. Both Incl warranty. DM if need more info. Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20