P3P FW & Go app update - is there a fix yet?

Thanks NRJ,
Already tried with Ipad, Samsung phone and Iphone's with no luck. DJI have some serious problems to resolve...........the forums are full of DJI GO App issues with various types of Aircraft after newest FW updates???????
As previously mentioned on almost every other post..........If you have not updated latest FW........WAIT!!!!!!!

Have you tried an earlier version of the app ?

Reactions: Numone
Watching this thread. I have the same problem with the Android DjiGo App 3.1.8 on my P3A.

In short, I now have a $1200 paperweight - useless. Connects for perhaps 5 seconds, then "no signal." I despise the fact that DJI "updated" my perfectly good, perfectly reliable, setup (I just looked down and there it was - apparently automatically updated - in all its nonfunctional crappyness).

I'd love a to hear that DJI fixes this (yeah, good luck with that), but meantime Thank God for Litchi which still works fine.

Seriously thinking of dumping DjiGO for good. What are they thinking anyway!?

***EDIT***
Yes, I DO have the new HDMI module onboard; the disconnect issue is not that at all.
DJI's Version Testing Department apparently consists of one shoe salesman (good at THAT) who comes in only on Friday afternoon, and works in the parking lot.

Last edited:
Hi crash1sttime
Not tried an earlier version of DJI Go App. Our understanding is that this particular update does not allow for firmware or app downgrade......
If anyone has a solution, we would like to hear from you???
Going to re-run FW updates and RC linking (again) in one final attempt before sending back for repair (local DJI dealer/repair)......

Hi all,
Seriously frustrating couple of days ....

Upgraded Inspire1Pro & had minor issue but new download from dji site seems to have fixed it & test flight today had no restrictions by hight/distance/camera so, all seems as it should be .... I mention this because we use the same Samsung S2tab and Go app to fly both our I1pro and P3P .... always have, successfully, for 18 months....

However, following updates for P3P, we have one outstanding issue - the Go app will not see the hardware ....

We can:
Get into Go app via "camera" button (after hard C1/C2/shutter blue light reset)
Link RC to P3P & start motors
View our GPS location on the Go app map

RC is connected to P3P, RC hard wire connected to S2tab by high quality usb cable, Go app on (uninstalled/reinstalled many times)
We can't:
Connect to any of the hardware - the screen displays "Disconnected"
Access any of the update functions, camera view, battery info etc...
There is no functionality within the Go app on the equipment tab - everything else in the app seems fine ...

Has anyone found a fix for this?
Firmware 1.11.20
DJI Go 3.1.8

Here is a shot in the dark. I have a Samsung Tab S2 9.7". Been flying with it for several years on my P3P.
Try re-instaling all FW using an Apple device like an ipad air 2. I believe that for installing RC FW the DJI Go app on Android may have some problems. Anyway that solved a problem like yours that I had a year ago.

Yesterday I upgraded my P3P, RC, AC, Camera firmware successfully. BUT I used my ipad air 2 and the DJI GO, not my android TAB S2 for the update. All went perfectly. I flew today and everything worked perfectly. I always fly using Litchi with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (Sorry that I hate Apple)

Here is what I am using:
P3P
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T810 Android 7.0 (9.7" display)
DJI GO 3.1.8
Litchi 4.0.2
AC 1.11.20
RC 1.9.2

Also check "k9time" post. He is using the same setup.
I hope this helps you.
Joe
KC7GHT

I always fly using Litchi with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (Sorry that I hate Apple)

Quick side question, a bit off topic, to Joe. Are you saying that you do not use DJI Go with your Samsung Android device now? That is, you use only Litchi? I am curious because I have the issue of this topic and only have access to the similar (and pretty powerful) Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, running Android 4.4.2. My Litchi is v3.10.10.

Quick side question, a bit off topic, to Joe. Are you saying that you do not use DJI Go with your Samsung Android device now? That is, you use only Litchi? I am curious because I have the issue of this topic and only have access to the similar (and pretty powerful) Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, running Android 4.4.2. My Litchi is v3.10.10.

I have not flown with DJI go for over a year. I have 350 miles on my P3P now. All of it with Litchi. I also use airdata.com. for equipment analysis.

I only use DJI go to set parameters that Litchi does not cover. Both are installed on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, and when I turn on the RC, the Galaxy gives me a choice. I choose Litchi. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Both are installed on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, and when I turn on the RC, the Galaxy gives me a choice. I choose Litchi. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks! That may put me in a pickle because I DO HAVE THE ISSUE mentioned in this topic, and cannot get a signal for more than the initial 5 seconds from the aircraft anymore. DJI Go is also installed but not running (although I get the same choice window as before). I did try to back-grade to an earlier GO version - problem persists now (should call it DJI NoGo).

Can you tell me which DJI Go features you are referring to? Compass calibration or IMU check? Admittedly I am just a beginner with Litchi.

Last edited:
Hi crash1sttime
Not tried an earlier version of DJI Go App. Our understanding is that this particular update does not allow for firmware or app downgrade......
If anyone has a solution, we would like to hear from you???
Going to re-run FW updates and RC linking (again) in one final attempt before sending back for repair (local DJI dealer/repair)......
Have you already tried linking your Inspire RC to your P3P? That may help to isolate the root cause of your issues with the P3P. Cheers!

Hi @Oso
With current issues I'm not prepared to link Inspire RC to P3P - the Inspire is our workhorse & can't afford to risk any more additional issues

Very frustrating.

Hi @Oso
With current issues I'm not prepared to link Inspire RC to P3P - the Inspire is our workhorse & can't afford to risk any more additional issues

Very frustrating.
On your Samsung tab, have you tried the following?:
settings, apps, dji go, set as default, clear defaults
If you have litchi installed, try also this:
settings, apps, litchi, set as default, clear defaults

After having cleared the defaults:
With the P3P turned off, the RC turned off and the tab turned on:
1) connect the RC USB cable to the still running tab
2) turn on the RC
3) confirm likely USB charging dialog pop up with yes (charging pop up may even come with USB developer options fixed to MTP)
4) a selection window between dji go and litchi should pop up: select dji go (this sets the default you cleared in the beginning to dji go)
5) dji go starts and after the intro the screen stays on the inspire imgage with a grey enter camera button
6) now turn on your P3P: the P3P image with a blue enter camera button should appear: tap it and the P3P camera view should appear

Good luck!

Reactions: Reiver3D
Hi all,
Seriously frustrating couple of days ... - everything else in the app seems fine ...Has anyone found a fix for this?

There is a possible solution that worked for me today - maybe for you as well? On the advice of another forum member, I opened the app without any sort of connection to the aircraft or remote (tablet only, on wifi), and then logged-in from the bottom screen of the DJI Go App. Simply that, then logged out after a minute or so and cut off my tablet's wifi connection. Turning the RC and A/C back on and reconnecting the tablet was followed by everything working properly.

Crazy, I know. I haven't a clue why this approach worked in my situation. Good luck, whatever happens.

Reactions: Reiver3D
Hi Oso & Phil,

Thanks for the suggestions but still no luck ...

The blue enter camera button is missing & says "how to connect" on both GalaxyS2s and iPhone5 so we simply cannot access the P3P option in the Go App at all.

On GalaxyS5Neo phone the enter camera button is grey but not blue. This lets us access into the P3P part of the Go App but it is grey "disconnected" at top on main menu bar, thus drone and all associated info inaccessible.

We have tried to downgrade the FW within the Go App from the top right 'press/hold' hidden feature, but the dropdown option box is empty and text above says 'Firmware N/A" .....???

We have carried out every hard reset, RC connection, wired connection, wifi on/off etc combo we can think of with no success....

Any other ideas???

Hi Oso & Phil,

Thanks for the suggestions but still no luck ...

Any other ideas???

You reminded me of the same thing I saw initially as well that I had not mentioned. I did see that and here is what I did. Again, you are NOT connected to the aircraft or the RC - just the tablet connected to wifi/no drone equipment at all....

When you see that "How to connect," use the radio buttons below that to navigate to your type of aircraft; under the general type (shows a photo, with a model name) you will find that the model name is actually a dropdown list. Just pick your correct aircraft model.

Then, on the lower right (I think) you will see a button labeled "Me." Tap that and somewhere there is a "Log In" label. Log in from there, spend a minute or two, then log out.

Then, sign off of wifi entirely and turn off your tablet. THEN go through the ordinary sequence of turning on an connecting to the aircraft as if all was normal....and hopefully it will be?

Nope, still nothing....

On devices GalaxyS5Neo Phone, GalaxyS2 9.7Tab & iPhone5 I can access grey camera button into Go App but can't get any data on screen & showing grey "Disconnected" in top bar so can't get any further....

On second GalaxyS2 still can't get by the "How to Connect" screen and can't get any further....

Without connection via camera, I can't attempt reinstall of FW or any kind of calibration tests....

RC can start rotors and move gimbal, record video and take pics - so RC is definitely connected to AC but we just can't see what it's looking at or view any AC/battery data etc.

We have noticed the RC light is not solid green - it's solid for a few seconds, blinks once, then solid for a few second and blinks - with no noise....

I have signed in and out of the account, wifi on/off, airplane mode on/off, and tried every combination of start sequences possible - still nothing....

.....funnily, the DJI Forum site log-on page is not available - anyone know if it's down?

Nope, still nothing....

It is just this one remote control, right?

Okay, I am grabbing at straws here, but have you changed your module where the tablet cable plugs in to the RC? I say this because I had been flying my P3A just great for over a year when (after the fact it became apparent) my connector module port/circuits/whatever failed just like what is being described at the top of this thread. Turns out the "module" had burned out - or something else not physically evident - and I needed to replace that. All was fine afterwords, connection-wise.

The down side is that the module is expensive - about 100USD even on Amazon. That is a lot to pay unless you are a zillionaire, just to find out IF this may be the source of the problem. It was in my case.

I believe the part is referred to as Part 31. Here is a YT video where a dude is replacing it:
Just skip to the 1:00 position

Also related, here is guy talking about the same thing on an Inspire RC

Last edited:
Nope, still nothing....

On devices GalaxyS5Neo Phone, GalaxyS2 9.7Tab & iPhone5 I can access grey camera button into Go App but can't get any data on screen & showing grey "Disconnected" in top bar so can't get any further....

On second GalaxyS2 still can't get by the "How to Connect" screen and can't get any further....

Without connection via camera, I can't attempt reinstall of FW or any kind of calibration tests....

RC can start rotors and move gimbal, record video and take pics - so RC is definitely connected to AC but we just can't see what it's looking at or view any AC/battery data etc.

We have noticed the RC light is not solid green - it's solid for a few seconds, blinks once, then solid for a few second and blinks - with no noise....

I have signed in and out of the account, wifi on/off, airplane mode on/off, and tried every combination of start sequences possible - still nothing....

.....funnily, the DJI Forum site log-on page is not available - anyone know if it's down?

Anyone found a fix for this 8 month later? Having exactly the same problem, except that RC light remains solid green.

Might have a temporary fix for this thanks to a few clues provided putting a few different minds together (including another forum (sorry I closed it before I realised that it worked so can't refer to it specifically) and a partner who works with Android devices all the time).

My RC and AC were able to be successfully linked with a solid green light indicating this, however the DJI Go app was still not letting giving me access to the "camera" button. I tried all different powering combinations, reinstalling App etc but nothing helped.

I went into the settings of my Android Phone (OnePlus) and got into the "developer options" (in my case this involved seven taps on the "about phone" option and then two step authentification before developer options comes up as an option)

Once in developer options go to "select USB configuration" and choose "MIDI".

Then a pop up allows you to select the DJI Go App, and voila I now have access to the App and the camera.

The only catch is that I haven't yet figured out how to make it recognise this each time the App is opened and so I currently need to go to developer options and select MIDI each time I want to use the App. But at least I can fly and see everything in the meantime.

I hope this helps reduce the stress of others!

Nope, still nothing....

Not sure if you figured this problem out, but think I have just discovered a fix - see my post on your conversation thread

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl