Another Linking Problem

Reaction score
Fixed the ribbon after a short bout of inactivity. Did not crash, just clumsy handling. Never any damage. After putting the standard 3 back together, the android advised me my app was out of date. a quick update and I had the RC, Phantom, and phone connected, however the gimbal at an angle, some beeping from drone and the red/yellow/green lights flashing.
The app told me firmware and IMU. I never signed in to my DJI account at that point. I was happy they were connected and my ribbon work was yielding a picture. Stuck at 22% IMU after an hour I force stopped the app, SIGNED IN to my DJI account and re logged in only to never be connected from my phone to camera again. The gimbal wheel will rotate the camera, the Link light is green, however I cannot see any battery status, firmware status, compass, get remote signal weak messages from DJI GO.

I got frustrated and went to work an overnight shift, researching this forum about firmware mismatches etc. Seems like anyone who ever looked at a camera at Best Buy did a video on how to update the firmware thru DJI GO, pretty nice WHEN YOU CAN CONNECT.

I don't think that's it. When I try to now use an older DJI GO app it still forces sign in, won't turn camera button blue, when you try to sign up using new account it asked for a valid China phone number???

Is this some sort of global politic nonsense taken out on people just trying to fly quads around?

Anyway TL/DR. Seems like it can connect to app, unless your signed in, which it forces you to. the hardware (Drone and Remote) are talking, can move camera, seems to be app issue. Is there a better app out there for android and a Phantom Standard? ( Please remember I cannot connect phone to drone thru DJI GO app and yes the computer is plugged in :)

Vikesrule

UPDATE

GO FLY for DJI DRONE APP

Connects doesn't show camera on phone screen but does give some info on drone. Firmware is 1.1.5 RC firmware is NA and when I try to calibrate the IMU and gimbles is says execution has failed. Glad I didn't pay for this app but it just shows it can connect and that DJI GO is not letting me connect I think cause of area of world Im in. Anyway. that Im getting red/yellow/green rear blinking light along with this. I guess I'm just trying to find an app to reliably connect to at least update drone and calibrate itself. Any suggestions on that?

Last edited:
Wish I could help, but I don't use android on my P3S's. But I do have a suggestion you might try. Log on to 'Phantomhelp.com' if you haven't already. There are boatloads of information there on everything Phantom. Just be sure to select the Phantom 3 Standard section to research your problems.

This may help until one of the really smart people here on the Forum chime in with suggestions. Good luck.

Welcome to the Forum!
I can cough up much stuff.

This tread title is Another Linking Problem. My fist impression you have been working on linking for awhile?

@msinger site.

#1 The beginning is "Fixed the ribbon after a short bout of inactivity. Did not crash, just clumsy handling"
It worked before this?

#2 How long has been since it worked?

#3 The same Android you were using before?

Rod ..

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Welcome to the Forum!
I can cough up much stuff.

This tread title is Another Linking Problem. My fist impression you have been working on linking for awhile?

@msinger site.

#1 The beginning is "Fixed the ribbon after a short bout of inactivity. Did not crash, just clumsy handling"
It worked before this?

#2 How long has been since it worked?

#3 The same Android you were using before?

Rod ..
Was hoping the OP would check back in to help work this out.
The 1.1.5 firmware he mentioned is not on my list for the P3S standard.

Plus, some firmware versions and DJI Go versions aren't compatible with each other.

Aftermarket ribbon cables are also notorious for being flawed. Only genuine DJI Part #85 is recommended. Not sure what he used. I love a good mystery, but......

........Hopefully he will check back in.............

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl