P3P FW & Go app update - is there a fix yet?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Seriously frustrating couple of days ....

Upgraded Inspire1Pro & had minor issue but new download from dji site seems to have fixed it & test flight today had no restrictions by hight/distance/camera so, all seems as it should be .... I mention this because we use the same Samsung S2tab and Go app to fly both our I1pro and P3P .... always have, successfully, for 18 months....

However, following updates for P3P, we have one outstanding issue - the Go app will not see the hardware ....

We can:
Get into Go app via "camera" button (after hard C1/C2/shutter blue light reset)
Link RC to P3P & start motors
View our GPS location on the Go app map

RC is connected to P3P, RC hard wire connected to S2tab by high quality usb cable, Go app on (uninstalled/reinstalled many times)
We can't:
Connect to any of the hardware - the screen displays "Disconnected"
Access any of the update functions, camera view, battery info etc...
There is no functionality within the Go app on the equipment tab - everything else in the app seems fine ...

Has anyone found a fix for this?
Firmware 1.11.20
DJI Go 3.1.8

Delink your RC with AC, all should get set ok then.

What is your process for relinking? Is the app working enough to initiate the normal link process or are you manually doing a relink outside of the app? Just asking because DJI noted to relink in the release notes but many people have not done so. We are getting a few people per day asking about a no connection issue and many have been solved with a relink.

Also, what is the FW version on your RC?

Reactions: Numone
What is your process for relinking? Is the app working enough to initiate the normal link process or are you manually doing a relink outside of the app? Just asking because DJI noted to relink in the release notes but many people have not done so. We are getting a few people per day asking about a no connection issue and many have been solved with a relink.

Also, what is the FW version on your RC?
We are manually relinking the RC to the P3P, this shows the error is not with the P3P or RC becuase they can talk to each other and we can engage the rotors/motors. The issue we have is that the Go App is dispalying no info from the RC or P3P..........
We have tried every combination and all we can think of to bypass and fix the issue.......with no success to date.......
Any ideas???

Also, we thought it may be the Samsung Galaxy S2 that we use. However we have only yesterday Updated to the latest FW for our Inspire 1 Pro and have no issues after updates in using the Samsung to operate the Inspire!!!!
This has become a real head scratcher with regards to the P3P.....

You have a different RC for the Inspire versus the P3P, is that correct? On the P3P RC do you have an HDMI module?

Thanks for responding quickly. What I was going to suggest will not help you. Only if you had an HDMI module might there be a solution. Good thing you don't. Best I can suggest is to start over from scratch, slowly go through the motions and checking each point. Sometimes we can miss something so small but very important. I have had to start from scratch a few times in the past. Good luck to you.

Reactions: Phantom100flyer
Some pics of the RC and AC setup as well as the screen on the tablet may help some of the experts here help you.

NRJ
Have spent the last 36 hours trying to resolve the issue. As I said in previous comments, we updated FW on Inspire1 Pro with no issues and even tried it out earlier today with no problems.
Tried to update FW on P3P and all goes to pot...........frustrated to say the least.
Thanks for trying to help anyway.....

I understand. About a year ago, I had the same problem. The FW update failed and there was nothing I could do. I did get it going by resetting the RC. This Youtube video may help. Hope it helps.

Reactions: Reiver3D
Thanks for the video.......I will watch shortly.....while crying into a cold beer (or two).
Will keep at it and hope to find solution......will post once we get that Eureka moment!!!!!!!
Thanks once again for your help.

The beer will definitely help the down moments. I wish you luck. Someone on here will be able to help you. Great experts are around. Maybe after the work day some will be online. Take care.

Well, I also remember one other thing you might try if you haven't done this already. If you have another tablet, or cell phone, install the latest version on the cell phone or tablet and try it with a completely different unit. See if that works. It just may work. Don't forget to sign into DJI with the new tablet/cell phone. I wish you luck.

Thanks NRJ,
Already tried with Ipad, Samsung phone and Iphone's with no luck. DJI have some serious problems to resolve...........the forums are full of DJI GO App issues with various types of Aircraft after newest FW updates???????
As previously mentioned on almost every other post..........If you have not updated latest FW........WAIT!!!!!!!

Sounds like you have tried everything, except sending it in for repair. Whatever you do, I hope you get it fixed. After your dilemma and others, I am definitely waiting. Thanks for the advice. I'm out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1