P3P Remote Beeping & right dial beeps

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought a used P3P from eBay. Roughly 2 times out of every 3 when I turn on the RC, I get continual beeping and red flashing light. Sometimes it doesn't do this, but most times it does.

Did some googling and found reset procedure (hold down C1, C2 and shutter button, then turn RC off and back on again), but this didn't seem to help. I also tried RC calibration several times, however it doesn't seem to register when I turn the right shoulder dial so I cannot complete calibration (the Finish button never illuminates). Also the controller does a short beep with each 'click' as I turn the right dial. Is that normal? Have I been sold a faulty controller?

thanks
Danny

EDIT: Just to add, DJI GO says the aircraft and camera require a firmware update. However, this controller issue happens even if the aircraft is powered off, and my phone isn't connected to the controller. So definitely seems to point to a fault with the controller, especially as it's intermittent. The seller suggested I upgrade the firmware, but I don't really want to risk doing firmware upgrades which I can't see are going to help.

Last edited:
I think I've solved this. I was using the DJI Pilot app, which has a slightly different calibration screen (as well as the two sticks, it has calibration for both the left and right dials - however, the right one wasn't registering at all when I turned it).

I tried doing calibration in GO instead - the calibration screen in this looks more like the tutorial/Youtube vids I'd seen - i.e. only shows calibration for the two sticks, and the left (gimbal) dial. I calibrated those and it seems to be behaving now.

Hi all,

I just bought a used P3P from eBay. Roughly 2 times out of every 3 when I turn on the RC, I get continual beeping and red flashing light. Sometimes it doesn't do this, but most times it does.

Did some googling and found reset procedure (hold down C1, C2 and shutter button, then turn RC off and back on again), but this didn't seem to help. I also tried RC calibration several times, however it doesn't seem to register when I turn the right shoulder dial so I cannot complete calibration (the Finish button never illuminates). Also the controller does a short beep with each 'click' as I turn the right dial. Is that normal? Have I been sold a faulty controller?

thanks
Danny

EDIT: Just to add, DJI GO says the aircraft and camera require a firmware update. However, this controller issue happens even if the aircraft is powered off, and my phone isn't connected to the controller. So definitely seems to point to a fault with the controller, especially as it's intermittent. The seller suggested I upgrade the firmware, but I don't really want to risk doing firmware upgrades which I can't see are going to help.
I could be wrong but when u fly and there is something in front of the drone it beeps and makes all kinds of noise so u don’t hit anything

Yep remote beeping is warning to calibrate the sticks and wheel. Glad you figured it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic