Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a pickle. Might be bad timing.
So basically my P3P video transmission stopped working one day.

Tried firmware upgrade a in hope it would resolve. No luck. Contacted DJI, provided log files etc.

The support email said that it maybe an issue with the gimbal and if it was indeed faulty under inspection the warranty would cover it for free repair .

How ever when I made this claim and was in contact with them I still had 15 days left of my warranty for my gimbal (6 months )

Now that the drone has arrived it took them around a week to process. It's out of warranty for 2 weeks.

They have sent me a quotation saying I need to pay for a new gimbal board around 200 usd total. Not to mention I already paid 200 usd to ship to Hong Kong!

So my question is, I made a claim that it was faulty before the expiry of the warranty. How ever the drone arrived there after the expiry due to customs issues and their delay on receiving it.

Should they replace it for free or should I be paying for something I reported before the expiry ??

Please note the email led me to believe it was a free repair! Or else I would not of sent it in!!

Much appreciated

Maybe there are different warranty conditions dependent on where you live, but over here if the unit fails during the warranty period, and it is identified as not being damaged or used incorrectly by the owner, you are entitled to a claim. Waiting for shipping times and/or parts is irrelevant as long as you have made a claim and can verify it (email, letter etc) within that period, you should be sweet.
200 USD for shipping?

Maybe there are different warranty conditions dependent on where you live, but over here if the unit fails during the warranty period, and it is identified as not being damaged or used incorrectly by the owner, you are entitled to a claim. Waiting for shipping times and/or parts is irrelevant as long as you have made a claim and can verify it (email, letter etc) within that period, you should be sweet.
200 USD for shipping?
Shipped from Dubai to Hong Kong
They emailed me saying it was damaged by firmware update, the forgot to check with engineering log files! So they will repair it for free even so!

Thanks for the reply what you said did make sense but I guess because it was firmware issue they can not avoid it

I had read many forums saying that DJI paid for shipping when faulty items. So i told the support team. This is what they said to me (attached screenshot)

Attachments

• DJI Shipping.png
    DJI Shipping.png
    523.8 KB · Views: 391
I had read many forums saying that DJI paid for shipping when faulty items. So i told the support team. This is what they said to me (attached screenshot)
That's a bit rich, maybe it's a locale specific issue or dji only cover shipping if it's within the same country?

That's a bit rich, maybe it's a locale specific issue or dji only cover shipping if it's within the same country?

Yeaaaa i think they cover within the same country. They dont have a repair center here in Dubai or UAE of that matter. Pretty much the whole of GCC, so it makes sense they want me to PAY :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.