P3 Standard Replacement UF.L cables to gimbal

Reaction score
One of the tiny UF.L connectors came off the black/grey cables between the P3S and the gimbal. I'm trying to find a replacement cable but none of the replacement kits I've found online seem to include these two wires with UF.L connectors on them. e.g. DJIP3-042 Cable Set

Anyone know where I can find them?

you'll have to replace the antenna with the wire attached, it is part 20 for P3 Standard

I'm not sure what type of connectors are on those wires, but you can find the stock replacement part here.

I have those two 2.4ghz antennas with connectors in perfect shape... for sale.

Update: The link to purchase the stock replacement part says not "Not available in your country/region" (USA).

I did however manage to fix the existing antenna by soldering on a cable I salvaged from an old WIFI router. It was a U.FL to SMA cable. Cutting the SMA connector off and soldering the bare end to the antenna gave me a working antenna again. You can purchase various flavors of cables with a U.FL connector on one end online. The original cable was 20cm long so you'll need one at least this long. Soldering onto the antenna was relatively easy whereas replacing a U.FL connector on a cable is near impossible.

Update: The link to purchase the stock replacement part says not "Not available in your country/region" (USA).
DJI has stopped selling many replacement parts in the US. I'm not sure why.

The Phantom 'eco-system' has become closed-off more and more with each revision and time.

I have the same problem, the gray wire has a button conn. On one end and a square sending pad on the other end! Any ideas. Ernie Mack.

If the "button connector" (a UF.L connector) is broken, the only way I could figure to repair it was to solder an entirely new wire with a UF.L connector on it onto the square antenna. Search for "U.Fl pig tail" on eBay, cut off whatever the other connector is, trim the insulation and solder it on. Make sure it's over 20cm long.

Alternatively, MTR-Aerial has one he can sell you - he was going to sell it to me but it wouldn't have made it on time so go for it if you want it.

the connectors on both cables were ripped off during a pilot caused crash.

After reading this thread, today I spliced cables from a laptop antenna that had the same ends. i soldered the center conductor together then wrapped black electrical tape around the conductor, I then bridged the outer ground with a piece of wire and wrapped the cable in foil to prevent interference and used a little heat shrink tubing on it.

It now works fine, no change in range. if I had it to do over again I would have used liquid electrical tape. but I forgot I had it on the shelf.

I was going to solder them to the antenna itself but the quad worked fine and I didn't want to pull the main board to get to the antennas.

Reactions: IanMercer
Update: Replaced the 2.4 GHz cables on "Patriot" the quadcopter (i love that name):)

I was not happy splicing the antenna wires so I disassembled the quad and unsoldered the wires from the led boards on two arms and removed two motors to allow me to flip the main board up on it's side for access to the antennas.

I removed both antennas and soldered new wires that I I salvaged from a Dell laptop that had the same UFL cable end on them. I then reassembled and tested it on my desk to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

Antenna.jpg

While I was at it I soldered a JST connector to the main battery wires for my strobe lights and four led strobe headlight (not shown). I was powering them off of a 70 gram 3s 1000maH battery, but the weight reduced my flight time by about 2 1/2 minutes.. Now those are powered by the quad's battery and my flight time is restored.

I just returned from a flight test and all went well, I only ventured out 2300 feet due to high winds. (average wind speed 14.2 mph / gusts to 28.6 mph).

Patriot.jpg

Reactions: HIGHFLIER

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic