P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It seems that it isn't possible to use iTunes 12.3.X with iOS 11.X.

I advise you to wait some time before you continue with the IPA files. On another (Russian) website saw already test versions of a modified DJI Go 3 version. That will take a few weeks and then the FCC problem will be processed in an adapted version of DJI Go 3.
It is a great news! I'm looking forward
I hope they work on android version as well...

Sorry for bumping this old thread. Some people (myself included) are experiencing application lag/crashes/frozen video stream. I've read that a possible solution for this would be to disable the video cache in the dji go app. Have you guys had the chance to test this?

Sorry for bumping this old thread. Some people (myself included) are experiencing application lag/crashes/frozen video stream. I've read that a possible solution for this would be to disable the video cache in the dji go app. Have you guys had the chance to test this?

Honestly, if you are using version 3.1.8 of DJI GO then that's the reason and not the video cache. I am not saying that turning off video cache will do nothing to improve the video feed but sure it will not fix it and I had not any problems with it turned on early before the stupid update that messed it all.

Tested solution: If you disable the video cache then there is no lag/crashes/frozen video stream. Or you use a tablet / phone with too little memory.

Reactions: psyke
anyone got info on Lichi and P3SE and when it will be supported ?
Here is what Lichi sent me:

Litchi | DEC 20, 2017 | 11:49AM UTC
Hi,
P3 SE is not currently supported.
When/If DJI adds support for it in the development kit, then we will too.
Kind Regards,
Litchi

Reactions: StoyanK
We all "bombard" Litchi questions,
but it seems that we should rather write DJI,
why it does not want the SDK kit to provide ...

Hey everyone,
Is it possible to download DJI GO app 3.1.8 for iPhone (iOS)? I am trying to find a way but I am strugling a little so that is why I ask :) If it is possible, can someone please tell me how. I would be really thankfull :)

Hi! I’m still looking for a solution. If anyone has it, it is with pleasure.

Do you know a solution to install them on IOS 11? I never read a confirmation, that it would be possible.
No, it isn't possible under iOS 11.x. For the iOS 10.x users (or lower) I found this information:

4 Ways/Methods to install ipa file (app) on iPhone / iPad / iPod Online + offline methods-TechApple

I also saw this page. Someone claimed that it was possible with the offered versions of iTunes. But I didn't test it:

Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes

Got some news guys: first I checked the config files with 3.1.8 app but it seems they don't work.
Still have do do some more check, but I can see no difference flying in known places with the config file installed.
More important: from Russia we finally have a modified 3.1.11 app, you can find here: DJI_MOD
This one should bring the AC back to fcc if it is in ce mode and keep it without the "fake gps trick".
I know of people who tryed and it seems to work.

Let me start the long story short...

The P3SE's, depends on where did you buy it from, can have 2 factory settings, the FCC and the CE by default. The range of this bird in CE mode is around 5-600m (not urban area obviously). FCC mode takes you 2-3km away, depends on... I was 2km away with mine, I was shy to go any longer...

I didn't know what mode I'm using, I thought I'm in CE, even DJI told to me it swaps the mode automaticly then I'm travelling, but obviously they just defended a software bug.

Few days ago there was a firmware update, came with the new APP version (3.1.23). You can be sure, you are in FCC mode, if you can fly further than 1-2km, your FW version is 1.3.20, and your APP version is 3.1.22 (or 3.1.18).

I had this combination of softwares, and I happily flew my 2km. The new APP came out, updated automatically, and that forced me (not sure) to install the FW 1.5.40. At that point, after the upgrade, I got the WiFi settings changing message, because of the localisation. The sad part just arrived to my life, I was limited to 600m (drops from 500m), and I spent my ast 2 days with firmware upgrades, downgrades, APP old, working versions downloading, etc... And here's the solution, if you accidently upgraded...

1. Downgrade the FW to 1.3.20 (using the BIN file on SD card, it works).
2. Put your bird somewhere, where is no GPS coverage (not a single satellite).
3. Using FakeGPS Free tell to your baby, you are in the USA. (On your mobile, use just GPS based location, no wifi, mobile, etc). As soon as your plane gets GPS signal, the new APP immediately switches to CE mode, so when it's done, next step:
4: Download the old APP, I use 3.1.18, but as far as I remember, it worked with the 3.1.22, not tried yet. That version of the APP doesn't give a s**t about the GPS based localisation settings, so as soon as you installed it, you can switch off the FakeGPS, and based on your bird is in FCC mode already, just enjoy your FCC mode!

Important (obviously):
Stay with 1.3.20 Firmware, and 3.1.22 APP, and you can use FCC anywhere.

*Update:*
After sometimes it still gives me the notification to change to CE, I tested today, and the following happened...
I was outgoor, the bird had full GPS signal, my tablet was not under fake positioning, so everything was like it has to be. DJI tells you to switch on in tis order: 1. Remote 2. Bird 3. Tablet, that's wifi, and launch DJI Go... In this order, at the end I alwas get the wlan settings window, and need to switch off the remote before it suck... If you switch on your stuff in different order, it will work... First I switched on my drone, and I launched the DJI GO on the tablet, having no wifi, or any connection. After that I switched on the remote, and it connected everything together, and had no wifi changing warning at all. I was able to use it in FCC, with no fake GPS, and even not higind the drom from real gps signal... I'll post it to the original, topic opener post too. Please, who followed the SW downgrade I wrote, etc, try it, and will see if it works for you too... I hope it does. I'm even curious, if it works with the new firmware (after faking the GPS signal, if you switch on everything in this order, it may not ask you to switch your wifi to CE), or using the new app version...

I didn't post this to encourage everyone to fly heedlessy, keep the law, I just didn't think it's fair to make the customers happy with the FCC mode, when you give the chocolate to the child, and take it away. I would have bought the cheaper standard version, that has the distance like this has in CE mode. 3 new upgrades caused the 3SE the Special Edition name, the improved range, the Vision Positioning System, the 4k camera, and the GLONASS. I could live without the 4k, without the GLONASS, VPS is nice, and the improved range is superB. Even is you fly within 500m (this is how we always fly, don't we?), I think it's much more dangerous when you loose the signal because of the transmitter's power. Yes, I tried the 2km once, but just on water, I'd never risk anyone, or my little drone ether.

Looking forward your comments, I really hope it helps to all responsible pilots, who want to keep the visual from the bird at 500m, and want to worry about 1 factor less...
AWESOME!

Hi... first post here.
Well i´ve tested this modded version from russia in my p3p, and still have just 8 channels.
Anyone tested this?
Yes I tried the Russian one last week and could not connect so put the standard version back!

Yes I tried the Russian one last week and could not connect so put the standard version back!

mine works ok, but when checking channels there are 8 channels like the standard versions, already tried the 3.1.18 mod version, but same result ... 13 to 20 ch (8 channels).
Dont know what i am doing wrong

Reactions: smackc4
mine works ok, but when checking channels there are 8 channels like the standard versions, already tried the 3.1.18 mod version, but same result ... 13 to 20 ch (8 channels).
Dont know what i am doing wrong

Looking into WiFi further - wondering IF having plenty of channels to scan sequentially IS actually the better way to go? (Rather than selecting one fixed channel) when everything says the ideal channels that don't overlap, therefore get less interference with Wi-Fi at 2.4 gigahertz (video link to controller from drone) are: 1, 6 and 11.

5.8Ghz (link that controls the drone), is a different kettle of fish.

Got some news guys: first I checked the config files with 3.1.8 app but it seems they don't work.
Still have do do some more check, but I can see no difference flying in known places with the config file installed.
More important: from Russia we finally have a modified 3.1.11 app, you can find here: DJI_MOD
This one should bring the AC back to fcc if it is in ce mode and keep it without the "fake gps trick".
I know of people who tryed and it seems to work.

It worked for me! I live in Norway (CE) and i noticed a big difference between this app and the original not-modded app. I got 3000m away from me before I lost signal. With the origninal app I got 550m before I lost signal.

Reactions: akossss and smackc4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing