P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes! I can confirm it for DJI Go. And read that is also possible with Litchi in this forum.
Tanks, but this is a russian forum, and its hard to me to find the information what I need.
I know, that Litchi on IOS is compatible with P3SE.

What I want to know, if Lichi doesn't switch automatically the radio signal standard from FCC to CE even in Europe.

That could be a more stable solution to flight in FCC mode as usig the old version of DJI GO.
I can not check because I doesn't have any IOS device, but if it is good solution, I consider buying one used

First successful flight in FCC:

The signal and the overall connection was greatly improved in FCC mode. The difference was definitely noticeable even though I didn't do a range test and I've kept the drone quite close. There was some wind outside and I decided to stay at around 400m distance at max. I've never lost signal during the flight. During the flight I've switched from video to photo mode multiple times and everything seemed to work fantastic.

During I've set the maximum altitude to 500m and I've climbed up to around 350m to take some shots. I couldn't do this in CE mode. While climbing to a higher altitude, the wind got stronger and I could see the aircraft slowly drifting away but everything was under control since my intention was to descend back to 120m quite quickly after I take the photos. I had around 50% battery left, I was at a distance of around 350m and 350m in height aswell.

Suddenly the app crashes. Everything was frozen. This took me by surprise and I believe I wasted quite some time figuring out what was going on. While this was happening, the aircraft was slowly drifting away as mentioned above. While being in a complete state of panic, I've initiated the failsafe RTH, flicking the S2 switch twice. I'm quite glad I did because this bought me the chance to restart the app while the aircraft was advancing very very slowly towards the homepoint.

After that it reconnected and I've managed to crank up the speed and successfully landed with about 23% battery left. This wasn't a close call by any means but I believe it could have been possible to lose the drone in this situation.

For example, if I didn't initiate the failsafe RTH from the controller, I believe the drone would have drifted away even further. I don't think it would have drifted away far enough to be out of signal range but it would have made returning back home harder with the remaining battery.

If it did drift away outside of signal range, I believe it would have been dead/gone by now. From what I've experienced so far, under windy conditions I've noticed that RTH doesn't work as expected. Once RTH is initiated, the aircraft tends to hover instead of speeding up the motors to the max in order to compensate the wind. Same goes for landing. I've noticed that once the aircraft is above the homepoint, it tries to stabilize itself instead of descending faster and it tries to constantly adjust it's position without descending or descending very slowly.

So moral of the story is: 3.1.8 tends to crash. Take that into account. All apps were closed on my Android device and it was also freshly restarted before the flight. Try to be a bit more conservative in order to accommodate an app restart. Even with the crashes, will I switch back to 3.1.23 and CE mode? Absolutely not. I believe the overall flight experience is way safer considering how good the signal was in FCC mode. I honestly believe I wouldn't have a drone today if I was flying in CE mode.

I will try to test 3.1.8 on iOS too sometimes to see if it crashes in the same way.

This AC behavior is strange. Please check your RTH setup closely. On my SAMSUNG Tab A I experienced few app crashes in one flight, but had never problem with S2 RTH engaging. RC starts beeping and drone is coming home quick and steady - same as you would do it through software. As soon as it reaches home destination AC will start to descent.
Please remember, RTH setting is stored in AC memory, so if your app crashes it doesn't matter it will behave the same way.
Also that drifting you mentioned. It shouldn't been happening if your S1 was not in the middle position. Maybe it was, but you failed to recognize it since panic was so intense :)

BTW, this app crashes only on my Samsung Tab A device. On MEIZU MX5 works perfectly.

First of all I would like to say hello because this is my first post on Phantom Pilots. I have a question about the installation of DJI GO for IOS - I installed version 3.1.8, 3.1.10 on iphone 7 and ipad (latest ios version) - no effect - I used ifunbox application for install - everytime after running dji go I have a question about login and password to Icloud, then application turns off . What am I doing wrong? (version from app store work ok )

First of all I would like to say hello because this is my first post on Phantom Pilots. I have a question about the installation of DJI GO for IOS - I installed version 3.1.8, 3.1.10 on iphone 7 and ipad (latest ios version) - no effect - I used ifunbox application for install - everytime after running dji go I have a question about login and password to Icloud, then application turns off . What am I doing wrong? (version from app store work ok )
Hi, welcome here,
What effect do you wanted from DJI Go app?
What it means that no effect?
Do you wanted to use your drone in FCC mode in Europe? And have you done the mode switch sequence before you installed tis apps?

Thank you for the quickly reply . My bird is already in FCC mode - I used borrow device with an android - unfortunately I have all IOS devices at home - but I couldn't find fake gps for iphone without jailbreak application so I used the android with the latest version of DJI GO - I have 11 channels on 2.4 Ghz. From previous posts I inferred that the application couldn't be higher than 3.1.8 to stay permanently in the FCC ... - I have a problem with its installation :/

regards from Poland

Thank you for the quickly reply . My bird is already in FCC mode - I used borrow device with an android - unfortunately I have all IOS devices at home - but I couldn't find fake gps for iphone without jailbreak application so I used the android with the latest version of DJI GO - I have 11 channels on 2.4 Ghz. From previous posts I inferred that the application couldn't be higher than 3.1.8 to stay permanently in the FCC ... - I have a problem with its installation :/

regards from Poland
Ok, You are on right way. :) What is the problem with installation? You was able to download the apk successfully?

Hi guys! I am from Spain, I want to comment that I can change to 2.4g with 13 channels, in the latest version 3.1.23, use iphone 6s ios 11.2.
currently it reaches 700 meters and 100 meters high and everything is perfect.

When I'm not afraid, I tried more reach.

Reactions: psyke
[QUOTE = "PhantomFlyer3SE, post: 1305786, członek: 103189"] Ok, jesteś na właściwej drodze. :)Jaki jest problem z instalacją? Udało ci się pobrać apk z powodzeniem? [/ QUOTE]

I downloaded the DJI GO 3.1.8 application from a source published on the forum, the application installed using ifunbox, after launching a black screen and a request to enter login and password for icloud. After correctly entering the application crashes. Any ideas ? (I checked it on ipad and iphone 7 - same. :( )

Just a simple question
[QUOTE = "PhantomFlyer3SE, post: 1305786, członek: 103189"] Ok, jesteś na właściwej drodze. :)Jaki jest problem z instalacją? Udało ci się pobrać apk z powodzeniem? [/ QUOTE]

I downloaded the DJI GO 3.1.8 application from a source published on the forum, the application installed using ifunbox, after launching a black screen and a request to enter login and password for icloud. After correctly entering the application crashes. Any ideas ? (I checked it on ipad and iphone 7 - same. :( )
Do you use iFunbox on a Windows computer? It is not necessary to use iFunbox. You can also use iTunes from a Windows computer. But then you have to install an old version of iTunes. With iTunes v12.7 it is no longer possible to install IPA files.

You can find iTunes v12.3.1 via this link (Windows x86) or this link (Windows x64). Follow this instruction on Youtube:

dove si vede se è in FCC o CE?

sapete se l'app Precision flight funziona con ph3 SE?

una app che permetta lo scatto di foto in sequenza e percorso stabiliti, compatibile con ph3SE?

Just a simple question

Do you use iFunbox on a Windows computer? It is not necessary to use iFunbox. You can also use iTunes from a Windows computer. But then you have to install an old version of iTunes. With iTunes v12.7 it is no longer possible to install IPA files.

You can find iTunes v12.3.1 via this link (Windows x86) or this link (Windows x64). Follow this instruction on Youtube:

I installed itunes v 12.3.1 when I try to install dji go 3.1.8 I have information that I can not install it on this device - permission for authorization through the app store - the rest of the downloaded applications installs without any problem - any ideas ??

I installed itunes v 12.3.1 when I try to install dji go 3.1.8 I have information that I can not install it on this device - permission for authorization through the app store - the rest of the downloaded applications installs without any problem - any ideas ??

Do you have the option to authorize 3rd party software installation on iOS? On Android, we have to accept it on system preferences.

They always say that Google is your friend, but in this case it is Youtube. See this video in "how to authorize your computer for iTunes":

dove si vede se è in FCC o CE?

sapete se l'app Precision flight funziona con ph3 SE?

una app che permetta lo scatto di foto in sequenza e percorso stabiliti, compatibile con ph3SE?

My dear ... ask in English. English is the official language on this forum. If you do not speak the language then you use Google Translate.

(Mio caro ... chiedi in inglese. L'inglese è la lingua ufficiale su questo forum. Se non parli la lingua, allora usi Google Translate.)

Reactions: PhantomFlyer3SE
They always say that Google is your friend, but in this case it is Youtube. See this video in "how to authorize your computer for iTunes":

this solution does not work - my iPad has been authorized - all applications downloaded as new working fine - ipa file with dji go 3.1.8. - I do not have authorization

this solution does not work - my iPad has been authorized - all applications downloaded as new working fine - ipa file with dji go 3.1.8. - I do not have authorization
Are you working on a connection between your PC and your iPad? For that you need to authorize your PC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20