P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah I got the message before taking off, immediately tried to spoof my gps with no success. I suppose I should have reinstalled Go app again and spoof gps on a clear table.

Weird... You shouldn't have got any messages if you switch on like I wrote... If you get the message, the only way to prevent the CE changing is to switch the remote off immediately... Don't doing it so will interrupt your FCC flying...

Did you disabled somehow the new firmware notification? I searching for that one now, it really bothers me...

By the way, I'm really happy to hear this solution working for others too ❤️

Can confirm ground testing passed well.
FW 1.3.20+
DJIGo v.3.1.18

FCC engaged and system will not prompt for WiFi change any more. What bothers me a bit is as what happens during checking distance through my apartment walls (much better results - obviously FCC is engaged). After loosing and reestablishing communication (just a second or two is enough), system immediately recognize wrong regional settings and wants to revert to CE. I wonder is this gonna happen in the air? I strongly believe it shouldn't because of the security reasons, but tests will show.
For now, I am more than happy with the results.
Home point and all other flight parameters looks as they should.

Looks like DJIGo 3.1.23 will not work. I tried with other mobile phone and it will immediately recognize wrong regional setting.
Switched back to 3.1.18 (left RC and drone left ON), and regional setting pops up again.
Turned off and back RC (drone left ON), no problem with regional settings.

My conclusion would be, once set to FCC no matter what drone "thinks" about region, important is how RC communicate with DJIGo regarding regional setting. Also, if wrong regional settings appears I believe it is necessary to turn off RC and that shut down DJIGo app (force to stop), without pressing OK on popup window.

Can't tell nothing more before flying tests...

Reactions: Psycho Andy
we must make a petition to force dji to put us all in fcc !!! On advertising ad in the user manual it is indicated that you can fly up to 4 km is false advertising, lying because it is nowhere specified that in CE can go to not even 600 meters . I would even say that it is not the joke of people but they discourage these cons there is that the money that counts for them. we are mature enough to manage our flight distances without suffering the punishment of the CE !!!! I think there is already a petition must we sign it! otherwise I hope that will find a solution. I heard about litchi is that it would not improve the flying distance ??? and the solution of papatita ??? sorry I use Google translation I am not English so if I understand not well please forgive me. I hope we will find a solution!

we must make a petition to force dji to put us all in fcc !!! On advertising ad in the user manual it is indicated that you can fly up to 4 km is false advertising, lying because it is nowhere specified that in CE can go to not even 600 meters . I would even say that it is not the joke of people but they discourage these cons there is that the money that counts for them. we are mature enough to manage our flight distances without suffering the punishment of the CE !!!! I think there is already a petition must we sign it! otherwise I hope that will find a solution. I heard about lychee is that it would not improve the flying distance ??? and dad's solution tita ??? sorry I use Google translation I am not English so if I understand not well please forgive me. I hope we will find a solution!

Well, actually there is. In Technical data you can find specification for both FCC and CE region, depending where you are.

Completely different thing is how they manage it. It wouldn't be so difficult to add one more setting regarding transmitting power (as they did for channel change). So it would be up to us how we want to fly and whether to comply regulations or not. To be honest, I would give few power options so people can choose depending on what they want to do. That because higher power output means more battery consumption, and for some flights in closer area you don't need full power to have decent video feed.

I would compare it to car industry. Every freaking car can run at least 140 km/h, but almost nowhere that speed is allowed. But no one even think about reducing max.speed. Again, it is up to us are we gonna put everyone in danger or are we gonna comply. Simple as that.

Reactions: akossss
Can confirm ground testing passed well.
FW 1.3.20+
DJIGo v.3.1.18

FCC engaged and system will not prompt for WiFi change any more. What bothers me a bit is as what happens during checking distance through my apartment walls (much better results - obviously FCC is engaged). After loosing and reestablishing communication (just a second or two is enough), system immediately recognize wrong regional settings and wants to revert to CE. I wonder is this gonna happen in the air? I strongly believe it shouldn't because of the security reasons, but tests will show.
For now, I am more than happy with the results.
Home point and all other flight parameters looks as they should.

Looks like DJIGo 3.1.23 will not work. I tried with other mobile phone and it will immediately recognize wrong regional setting.
Switched back to 3.1.18 (left RC and drone left ON), and regional setting pops up again.
Turned off and back RC (drone left ON), no problem with regional settings.

My conclusion would be, once set to FCC no matter what drone "thinks" about region, important is how RC communicate with DJIGo regarding regional setting. Also, if wrong regional settings appears I believe it is necessary to turn off RC and that shut down DJIGo app (force to stop), without pressing OK on popup window.

Can't tell nothing more before flying tests...
As far as I remember, it didn't ask me to switch when I tried it on my house... I'll try it in an hour again...

You are all right, but try to solve this problem, instead of discussing the law, because it is law... Actually a mode switch would be good idea...

Reactions: VonMacher
Did you disabled somehow the new firmware notification? I searching for that one now, it really bothers me...

By the way, I'm really happy to hear this solution working for others too ❤️

This might help. Works on P3 Standard, really don't see why shouldn't on ours....

This one is to stop DJIG force update. By the way, I've installed 3.1.18 and today it has upgraded to 3.1.23 despite my playstore settings.

was okay for a long while... But kihúzott a CC. I think, after the first disconnection... Don't know what to do, my happiness was too early...

Don't know what to use the videos for... I have no problem with the downgrage...

DJI doesn't care about the politics, they have USA (FCC), and non USA (CE), as far as I know... Even where the power of the FCC would be allowed, they switch to CE...

Something must be wrong... Is it possible to downgrade the remote? That may would help to everyone...

I don't think downgrading remote would be of any help as it doesn't have any gps nor storage capability as far as I can found around the web.
As soon as I downgraded the app all the connection issues I had between remote and mobile had gone, so most of problems were in the app!
I think the biggest problem is the app and the poor dji care and support for customers!

This might help. Works on P3 Standard, really don't see why shouldn't on ours....

don't know if it will work, but it's much easier and faster to upgrade firmware via sd card: you just need an empty sd card, download and copy firmware 1.3.20 on the card (link to firmware https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_se/P3SE_FW_V01.03.0020.bin )
Start as usual: link remote and app and then turn on aircraft and update will begin showing progress in the app.
Once it completed restart everything and you're ready!
Once you do this you just need to ingore the app prompting for upgrade! ;)

As regarding the app under Android system you just have to enter options on google play store and set "do not auto-update apps" in the settings menu, here is in details How to stop apps from updating automatically in Google Play - AndroidPIT

Hope this will help.

Reactions: akossss
One of the possible solutions could be changing the stock FW .bin file the same way it is done for P3 Standard / 4K.

Changing the line in /etc/init.d/rcS file where it sets country to "GB" and change it to "OK" for example. This would not load requested module for EC mode which sets tx power to 16dB and should stay in FCC mode with tx power 20dB, afaik.

Unlocking and changing tx power to 27dB, like MagicPower offers, is more difficult when editing .bin file, but 20dB is the tx power used in FCC mode.

This is the source video for this method.

Last edited:
Hello partners . I am another owner of the P3se angry. You are hoping for this problem for thousands of people. Great work !!!!! regards

was okay for a long while... But kihúzott a CC. I think, after the first disconnection... Don't know what to do, my happiness was too early...

Don't know what to use the videos for... I have no problem with the downgrage...

Follow first video and DJIGo will stop bothering you with firmware updates.
Second video shows how to stop DJIGo app upgrading.

One of the possible solutions could be changing the stock FW .bin file the same way it is done for P3 Standard / 4K.

Changing the line in /etc/init.d/rcS file where it sets country to "GB" and change it to "OK" for example. This would not load requested module for EC mode which sets tx power to 16dB and should stay in FCC mode with tx power 20dB, afaik.

Unlocking and changing tx power to 27dB, like MagicPower offers, is more difficult when editing .bin file, but 20dB is the tx power used in FCC mode.

This is the source video for this method.
It was a solution two years ago. DJI realized the security hole, and made next steps:
1) Limited the FTP access to file system
2) Signed the firmware whit RSA key
3) on P3SE isn't possible anymore to connect to the AC through wifi

So this backdore is closed, and wasn't open anytime for P3SE

Had another flight 10 minutes ago after reinstalling DJI Go 3.1.18 and spoofing the gps. I was (again) in FCC mode happily for the whole flight. As soon as I moved inside to enjoy my videos from 120m altitude, it went to EC mode. :triumph:

Facts: The app shouldnt give a flying f***k about my mobiles localizations, language, units etc. If I travel to USA with my own gear, I should be able to use my tablet in my own language.
Thus, it must gain the locale information on other means. I have restricted my localization to gps only, and disabled my tablet to connect to my home network. BUT. I did have to turn on mobile network to have maps loaded. Even with restrictions, does DJI Go still get it's location by my IP address? That could be tested with using VPN software to spoof my IP to USA.

As can be seen within my areacode log:

d: getCcFromSky onSuccess, mCcFromSky=US
d: getCcFromRc onSuccess, mCcFromRc=US
d: onDeviceCCGet mCcFromRc=US mCcFromSky=US mCountryCodeMem=US support5Gfalse
d: 【set】-onFailure():ccode=TIMEOUT
d: onDeviceCCGet mCcFromRc=US mCcFromSky=US mCountryCodeMem=FI support5Gfalse
d: start show dialog IsShowDialog=false
d: onDeviceCCGet ok onClick
d: 【set】-onFailure():ccode=NOCONNECT
d: getCcFromSky onSuccess, mCcFromSky=FI
d: getCcFromRc onSuccess, mCcFromRc=FI
d: onDeviceCCGet mCcFromRc=FI mCcFromSky=FI mCountryCodeMem=FI support5Gfalse

The system somehow changes areacode from US to FI, then shows me the dialog of WLAN settings changing. Just curioius about that "mCountryCodeMem=FI", seems that it memorizes the position on that variable, which is recorded somewhere.

Come on guys, so many smart guys are here, I'm sure we can work it out... I wait few more days, cos I really like it, but if we can't work it out, I'll swap to a Prof... :(

Reactions: vhanhisuanto
Come on guys, so many smart guys are here, I'm sure we can work it out... I wait few more days, cos I really like it, but if we can't work it out, I'll swap to a Prof... :(

Yes, should be easier to switch to FCC on that one :)

Follow first video and DJIGo will stop bothering you with firmware updates.
Second video shows how to stop DJIGo app upgrading.
Hi, VonMacher,

I tried the first video, to stop the firmware upgrade message, but wasn't successfull.
What I have done:
1) downgraded to firmware 1.03.0020
2) followed the steps on video, and put the old bin file into DJI/dji.pilot/Upgrade/DLPackage folder and renamed it to the name of newest version,(P3SE_FW_V01.05.0040.bin)
3) started DJI GO app, and allowed him to make upgrade

As result I get error message: "Update error; This is the latest version; Upgrade failed."
After that the app requested me to restart AC and RC, after restart I get back again the message that upgrade is required...

of course I see in status that I'm on version 1.3.20+

I used the newest App version, may be with any older it works better

Reactions: VonMacher

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West