P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Did you switch them on in my order? The firmware is 1.3.20?

If yes, I have no idea unfortunately

Yes, and the app swap to FCC untill I connect to the TX, then it soon go back to CE.
But I might have done a stupid thing: I probably installed the dji app leaving position via wifi enabled, this probably made the app see where I really was and it might have been saved somewhere within app files.
I think this is the case, because I don't know of any positioning system or storage where the TX can save datas about where I was last time!
I already uninstalled, cleaned and reinstall the app with no positioning, I'll check tonight when I got back home.
Hope this will sort it out!

Reactions: White Wolf 67
Yes, and the app swap to FCC untill I connect to the TX, then it soon go back to CE.
But I might have done a stupid thing: I probably installed the dji app leaving position via wifi enabled, this probably made the app see where I really was and it might have been saved somewhere within app files.
I think this is the case, because I don't know of any positioning system or storage where the TX can save datas about where I was last time!
I already uninstalled, cleaned and reinstall the app with no positioning, I'll check tonight when I got back home.
Hope this will sort it out!
What app fake drone you use ??? Can you give the link because there is a lot of fake drone app in the playstore ??

OK, let me try to explain what I did today.

1. FW is 1.3.20+
2. DJI Go app ver 3.1.23 - can't roll it back because that resource file thing.
3. Starded FakeGPSapp with MOCK location enabled - somewhere in the US of A
5. Allowed DJIGo app to find location through my phone GPS
6. Turned ON RC
7. Linked my phone to RC and started DJIGo app. In camera mode, map location was exactly how I put it in FakeGPS app (if DJIGo app is not allowed to find location, it will locate itself to last remembered location, or no location at all - no map background, so it HAS TO BE allowed at this time).
8. Turned ON my copter (with aluminum foil covered GPS antenna). As soon as connection to RC was established, system warned me that region has changed and it will switch WiFi settings accordingly. NOTE: it was considered as RC-Drone WiFi setting, not RC-phone one. It was obvious because WiFi link RC-phone was never interrupted (fact). At that point I changed DJI location setting to "ASK".
9. Finally I had 27 dBm output power (FCC mode). It was so obvious - even through the walls of my house it was clearly noticeable change.

But... (there is always some BUT around :) )

10. As soon as drone picked up position through his own GPS, new home point was prompted (even my FakeGPS app was still running) and map jumped to my real location. Few second after, system recognized new region and demanded WiFi change (no Cancel option, just OK). At that point, what ever I do it was not possible to convince that sucker he is wrong.

I didn't try to take off before that message (rainy day), maybe it wouldn't popup while flying (security reasons?). But anyway, it is a short time window to take off (not more that 10 sec).

I think there is nothing we can do on DJIGo app side except specific instruction to drone software to ignore mode change (something like .DJI.configs files made for ForceFCC and 32ch extension). But those config files don't work for P3SE unfortunately.
Maybe to downgrade to previous FW version (the very first one?).
The link don't work I can't download ??
Regarding the size of the FW, it's exactly like the 1.3.20. Yould you send me the link to the Russian site where you found it?

I found this firmware version for the Phantom 3 SE on a Russian website. The poster claims that the CE and FCC mode is reversed. This means that in the CE area the power of FCC is in FCC area the power of CE. However, I have not tried it (yet). So it is unknown to me.

Before you perform an update, you must first delete the 'T_' of the name:

From CE to FCC

Hello,

Thank you akossss and all of you for the effort to find a solution for CE restriction...
I don't own a drone but my nephew does.

We've tried the first workaround with FakeGPS app and I would say the drone was in FCC mode... We didn't try to fly and test it, cause the notification about changing Wi-Fi showed up after and we couldn't bypass it. We used nonmodified FW 1.3.20 and 3.1.22 app. We can't load the 3.1.18 app cause it's giving us the "Resource files missing" error.
Since this workaround should work but I'm very concerned about the RTH. Does the drone fly back to to fake location or does it come back to the spot where it was lifted off (actual Home point)?

.. So yesterday we tried with modified firmware that Flick6211 posted (thank you).
I can't verify or confirm that it's flying in FCC mode, but the height distance increased from 80m to 140m, so it looks very promising. It was tested in urban environment and I will report back when we test it in open environment tomorrow or the next day.

Hello,

Thank you akossss and all of you for the effort to find a solution for CE restriction...
I don't own a drone but my nephew does.

We've tried the first workaround with FakeGPS app and I would say the drone was in FCC mode... We didn't try to fly and test it, cause the notification about changing Wi-Fi showed up after and we couldn't bypass it. We used nonmodified FW 1.3.20 and 3.1.22 app. We can't load the 3.1.18 app cause it's giving us the "Resource files missing" error.
Since this workaround should work but I'm very concerned about the RTH. Does the drone fly back to to fake location or does it come back to the spot where it was lifted off (actual Home point)?

.. So yesterday we tried with modified firmware that Flick6211 posted (thank you).
I can't verify or confirm that it's flying in FCC mode, but the height distance increased from 80m to 140m, so it looks very promising. It was tested in urban environment and I will report back when we test it in open environment tomorrow or the next day.

Be aware that if you keep on using fake gps while flying, in case of RTH the drone will fly to the gps coordinates he recorded when you armed the motors not where you really are!
Keep us updated about the russian firmware, I wouldn't give for granted it's working, I still can reach 140 meters but yet I'm not in fcc!

OK, first try today. Switched to FCC mode with fake GPS, waited for DJI Go to announce change of WLAN. After that, I had to reconnect the wlan network on my tablet.
I then switched off my transmitter, bird and DJI Go, in that order.

Then started DJI Go again, without fake gps and locations on tablet limited to GPS only. Started up bird and finally the transmitter. NO ANNOUNCEMENT OF MODE SWITCHING!!! WOOHOO!!! :hearteyes:

I only had a quick flight which ended up on compass error and max altitude being 30m.:fearscream: This has come before, a couple of times even I have max alt. set to 150m. I even could change it mid-air to 120m, still the real max was 30m. Because of the compass errors and red lights on bird, I quickly took it down for safety. I even calibrated the compass successfully before flight.

Next move is, that I go back to stock 1.3.20 FW, install Go 3.1.18 and try again, I run to the forest and recalibrate everything over there. Seems promising though...:blush:

OK, first try today. Switched to FCC mode with fake GPS, waited for DJI Go to announce change of WLAN. After that, I had to reconnect the wlan network on my tablet.
I then switched off my transmitter, bird and DJI Go, in that order.

Then started DJI Go again, without fake gps and locations on tablet limited to GPS only. Started up bird and finally the transmitter. NO ANNOUNCEMENT OF MODE SWITCHING!!! WOOHOO!!! :hearteyes:

I only had a quick flight which ended up on compass error and max altitude being 30m.:fearscream: This has come before, a couple of times even I have max alt. set to 150m. I even could change it mid-air to 120m, still the real max was 30m. Because of the compass errors and red lights on bird, I quickly took it down for safety. I even calibrated the compass successfully before flight.

Next move is, that I go back to stock 1.3.20 FW, install Go 3.1.18 and try again, I run to the forest and recalibrate everything over there. Seems promising though...:blush:
Happy to hear that, but compass error is suck... Try different area, or the calibration, hope will work... Let us know please...

actually I see where my problem is: dji is seeing real position and not fake will try with other fake gps apps...

maybe I'm doing something wrong, can someone give me details on how your dji app behave with fake gps?

Oh yesss! Reverted to DJI Go 1.3.18 and FW 1.3.20 (stock one).
Fake GPS on, launched DJI Go again and waited for the result...FCC! :blush:

I went a bit off my home to calibrate compass, gimbal and IMU (just a check, no need for calibration). Took off and flew 110m right above me. No image transmission problems, no control breaks, no RTH forced. Just one glitch when Go app stated ATTI mode mid-air. :fearscream: That was just a couple of seconds, then I was back to normal GPS flying.

I stayed just a bit more practicing ATTI mode flying near my front door and landed smoothly on my front yard.

It's -10 degrees Celsius outside, clear weather, practically no wind (at least on the ground level). I still had 85% battery left but my fingers were starting to get numb so I had to stop. :grin:

I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab A with a few music-related software installed+Netflix and others, just my normal daily-used tab. I give a BIG thumbs-up for akossss and this thread! THANKS! :hearteyes:

Edit: I use the same GPS spoofer mentioned just above. Just have to turn off any other means of localization on your mobile (WiFi&cellular) and then have it running on the background, spoofing GPS as if I were in US of A (or anywhere outside EU). I deleted the whole DJI folder from my tab after uninstalling 3.1.22 and auto-cleaning after that. Then installed 3.1.18 with APKPure APKX installer.

I'm SO saving this APKX and FW files to more than two safe havens, so I can revert to them whenever needed. :grin:

Last edited:
Reactions: akossss
Oh yesss! Reverted to DJI Go 1.3.18 and FW 1.3.20 (stock one).
Fake GPS on, launched DJI Go again and waited for the result...FCC! :blush:

I went a bit off my home to calibrate compass, gimbal and IMU (just a check, no need for calibration). Took off and flew 110m right above me. No image transmission problems, no control breaks, no RTH forced. Just one glitch when Go app stated ATTI mode mid-air. :fearscream: That was just a couple of seconds, then I was back to normal GPS flying.

I stayed just a bit more practicing ATTI mode flying near my front door and landed smoothly on my front yard.

It's -10 degrees Celsius outside, clear weather, practically no wind (at least on the ground level). I still had 85% battery left but my fingers were starting to get numb so I had to stop. :grin:

I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab A with a few music-related software installed+Netflix and others, just my normal daily-used tab. I give a BIG thumbs-up for akossss and this thread! THANKS! :hearteyes:

Edit: I use the same GPS spoofer mentioned just above. Just have to turn off any other means of localization on your mobile (WiFi&cellular) and then have it running on the background, spoofing GPS as if I were in US of A (or anywhere outside EU). I deleted the whole DJI folder from my tab after uninstalling 3.1.22 and auto-cleaning after that. Then installed 3.1.18 with APKPure APKX installer.

I'm SO saving this APKX and FW files to more than two safe havens, so I can revert to them whenever needed. :grin:
Did you disabled somehow the new firmware notification? I searching for that one now, it really bothers me...

By the way, I'm really happy to hear this solution working for others too ❤️

Did you disabled somehow the new firmware notification? I searching for that one now, it really bothers me...

No I didn't, the update still bothers me too. I tried the whole thing with the latest FW, as I was forced to upgrade to it before I can revert to stock 1.3.20. With latest FW, this workaround doesn't do any good.

I forgot to mention, before I took off to air DJI Go told me that my TX FW was also updated. Don't know what version it is right now, going to have nother flight today when batteries are full.

Also, I'm flying in urban area, so I think my results are good. At least these results are way better than in EC mode.

Holy s**t, I finally made it! lol!
I have 1 WARNING: clean well every log of your app or it will still see you in the latest location! lol!
And I have to say one more thing: now that I downgraded firmware and app every connection issue between mobile and tx has gone as well... I guess DJI totally messed up both app and firmware with the latest updates!
I'll check tomorrow if everything is fine!

Just got my second flight today, somehow the f****r realized my true location and put me in EC mode again.:disappointed::angry:

So frustrating, I even tried to spoof my location again but it seemed to have no effect this time. :anguished:
Now I truly regret of joining the EU, maybe Finland could just do the Brexit and go to FCC standard...

Reactions: White Wolf 67
Just got my second flight today, somehow the f****r realized my true location and put me in EC mode again.:disappointed::angry:

So frustrating, I even tried to spoof my location again but it seemed to have no effect this time. :anguished:
Now I truly regret of joining the EU, maybe Finland could just do the Brexit and go to FCC standard...

How did this happened? got the message about wifi settings? before take off? Thanx for your help!

DJI doesn't care about the politics, they have USA (FCC), and non USA (CE), as far as I know... Even where the power of the FCC would be allowed, they switch to CE...

Something must be wrong... Is it possible to downgrade the remote? That may would help to everyone...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164