P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So you're telling us, this Russia fw does not take you into FCC mode?
What I understand from the Russians is that they change the handling of the FCC and the CE mode. So, if your bird is flying in CE area then it has to handle it as FCC area. But... my Russian language is really bad and I only understand it with the translation of Google.

I have seen this version come over more often. In the past there some drones from China with this firmware version. This firmware version contains an old bug and due to this bug they are indeed flying further. I do not think they switch to FCC. To connect it to an existing situation they have given the same name as an official version but the firmware is much older.

So you're telling us, this Russia fw does not take you into FCC mode?

I'm not telling that, all I'm saying that I got nearly the distances that I got with FCC. With the FW hack, it's almost as FCC. Image transmission breaks up as in CE.
It seems that this hack gives us somewhat of an compromise between FCC and EC.
I have to wait for a clearer weather and test again, the second run with latest app and Russian FW ended with RTH at 110m or so. But it flew nice and steady and RTH worked as a charm. :)

I think that misleading the GPS signal is not an effective option. And then the Russian hack is a great alternative for the people who now have a bad connection.
It is definitely not a solution. In my notes, faking the gps is just to switch the remote, when I went to fly, I switched it off, and used the correct GPS. Sometimes it wants me to switch to CE, but I switch off the remote, switch back, and if I'm lucky, it doesn't ask again. It's like 50-50%. But I'd like a 100% solution. I'd never fly having no (or fake) RTH...

I think that misleading the GPS signal is not an effective option. And then the Russian hack is a great alternative for the people who now have a bad connection.

I suppose you are talking about 100 and 120 meter altitude? OK, but how far did you go? If you just ascend in front of you off course you had bad connection.
Antenna radiation pattern will cover field in front of the RC, not to much up.

About FakeGPS, did DJIGo acknowledge your new home position after booting the drone? It must be your current position, not the fake one. Otherwise when RTH kicks in, kiss your drone goodbye to USA.

I suppose you are talking about 100 and 120 meter altitude? OK, but how far did you go? If you just ascend in front of you off course you had bad connection.
Antenna radiation pattern will cover field in front of the RC, not to much up.

Before the last update it was not a problem to me to reach the maximum 500 meters altitude limit ascending just over my head without losing connection at any time nor video feed.

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a P3SE for a few months now. I have been flying for several months with the Russian firmware. You can also see this firmware on a Polish drone forum.

My biggest distance with this firmware was 1.8 km at a height of 220 meters. Then the RTH switched on and the drone came back again.

Hi, I have my phantom 3 SE since just a couple weeks. I'm not even sure it was in fcc when I got it, sure I had no problems to fly it over 1000 meters froma me 100 meters high but since the latest firmware it can't fly more than 500, 600 meters at best. I noticed 2.4ghz is no longer working, at least on my android devices. I'll try both fake gps and russian firmware to get back to work, if it works you guys are my heroes!
Anyway thank you for keep on trying! ;)

I don't know about you guys but the so called "Russian firmware" is not changing anything to me, I'd say it is just the original firmware...It is better than last 1.5.40? Yes probably, but because last firmware is awful not because the russians modded or hacked anything on that one.
In my case it is obvious, I've been not able to go further than 500 meters in an open area and this was with terrible video feed, many "signal lost" warnings and so slow and laggy control of the aircraft. Switching to FCC by using the GPS trick I did 2km easy on the exact same place with clear video and good not laggy control.
So what is supposed they did? Do we have some info about it? There is some link?

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a P3SE for a few months now. I have been flying for several months with the Russian firmware. You can also see this firmware on a Polish drone forum.

My biggest distance with this firmware was 1.8 km at a height of 220 meters. Then the RTH switched on and the drone came back again.
I'm curious, what is your experience with a Russian firmware... The size of that is exactly the same as the original one...

Guys, I have another experience / solution!

I didn't know why, sometimet it gives me the FCC -> CE changing window, sometimes it doesn't. Today I realised how to do it...

I used the versions, I mention in the first post of this topic. I was outgoor, the bird had full GPS signal, my tablet was not under fake positioning, so everything was like it has to be. DJI tells you to switch on in tis order: 1. Remote 2. Bird 3. Tablet, that's wifi, and launch DJI Go... In this order, at the end I alwas get the wlan settings window, and need to switch off the remote before it suck... If you switch on your stuff in different order, it will work... First I switched on my drone, and I launched the DJI GO on the tablet, having no wifi, or any connection. After that I switched on the remote, and it connected everything together, and had no wifi changing warning at all. I was able to use it in FCC, with no fake GPS, and even not higind the drom from real gps signal... I'll post it to the original, topic opener post too. Please, who followed the SW downgrade I wrote, etc, try it, and will see if it works for you too... I hope it does. I'm even curious, if it works with the new firmware (after faking the GPS signal, if you switch on everything in this order, it may not ask you to switch your wifi to CE), or using the new app version...

Reactions: Psycho Andy
amazing! I'll try to check it tomorrow morning, if it works you'll be my god! lol!
I really hope it does for you too. I tried today, it helped for me. I'll have a longer fly on Tuesday, or Wed, I'll definitely check out the exact distance, and couple of other things :)

Everyone, please share your experience, I really want to work out this embarassing problem...

Reactions: Psycho Andy
So, if I understood this, I need to "reset" my controller and bird to FCC with fake gps? And then, turn off gps spoofing and use the described startup sequence?

I currently have Go 3.1.22 and the 1.3.20 FW but today's test flight assured that I'm in EC, lost image transmission at little over 60m altitude and controls when almost 70m. RTH kicked in and I gained controls @45m again.

So, if I understood this, I need to "reset" my controller and bird to FCC with fake gps? And then, turn off gps spoofing and use the described startup sequence?

I currently have Go 3.1.22 and the 1.3.20 FW but today's test flight assured that I'm in EC, lost image transmission at little over 60m altitude and controls when almost 70m. RTH kicked in and I gained controls @45m again.

As far a I think, yes. I tried it with the previous APP, but I think it should work with your versions... So try it please, and let us know...

Guys, I have another experience / solution!

I didn't know why, sometimet it gives me the FCC -> CE changing window, sometimes it doesn't. Today I realised how to do it...

I used the versions, I mention in the first post of this topic. I was outgoor, the bird had full GPS signal, my tablet was not under fake positioning, so everything was like it has to be. DJI tells you to switch on in tis order: 1. Remote 2. Bird 3. Tablet, that's wifi, and launch DJI Go... In this order, at the end I alwas get the wlan settings window, and need to switch off the remote before it suck... If you switch on your stuff in different order, it will work... First I switched on my drone, and I launched the DJI GO on the tablet, having no wifi, or any connection. After that I switched on the remote, and it connected everything together, and had no wifi changing warning at all. I was able to use it in FCC, with no fake GPS, and even not higind the drom from real gps signal... I'll post it to the original, topic opener post too. Please, who followed the SW downgrade I wrote, etc, try it, and will see if it works for you too... I hope it does. I'm even curious, if it works with the new firmware (after faking the GPS signal, if you switch on everything in this order, it may not ask you to switch your wifi to CE), or using the new app version...
so, you tell us that we need:
1) turn on phantom
2) open DJI app on mobile phone
3) turn on controllet
4) Connect all electronics
Yeah?....and it is really worked (Distance???) :D continue monitoring, sir :DD

so, you tell us that we need:
1) turn on phantom
2) open DJI app on mobile phone
3) turn on controllet
4) Connect all electronics
Yeah?....and it is really worked (Distance???) :D continue monitoring, sir :DD

Havent checked the distance yet, because I just tried it at my flat, that's an apartmant house in the city centre, can't take off here. But I already checked the distance here before this issue began, I counted the walls where the signal went through, and now I had the same "wall-counter" that I had before. I was able to fly 2km with it. When it swiched to CE mode, I made 600m, and even lost the signal after few steps from my door, couldn't even count more than 2-3 walls...

I tried it from the balcony, full GPS signal, started the props, and everything worked in FCC mode. I switched on things in the regular order, and I got the CE switching message immediately. But using these steps I'm pretty sure I'll able to fly long-distance on Tuesday...

Ok actually what I experienced is this: when I start dji co app (3.1.18) with fake gps all is ok and FCC, as soon as I connect to tx it soon swap to CE... how can it be?
Tryed to downgrade to 1.2.10 firmware, still the same.

Ok actually what I experienced is this: when I start dji co app (3.1.18) with fake gps all is ok and FCC, as soon as I connect to tx it soon swap to CE... how can it be?
Tryed to downgrade to 1.2.10 firmware, still the same.
Did you switch them on in my order? The firmware is 1.3.20?

If yes, I have no idea unfortunately

Please give the link for fake gps because there is a lot of apps fake gps in the playstore and I dont know what app I can use !!! Thanks you

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT