P3 Pro Sudden Crash

Reaction score
Guys. Very experienced pilot over 4 years......P3 back from repair with 2 new motors (this may be the clue). First flight out of the box so calibrated the compass to make sure. All check good, green light.

Straight up to 20ft and let go of sticks to hover. Then suddenly it basically shot off to the right at high speed on a 45 deg downward trajectory , absolutely NO RC control whatsoever, straight into a wall.

Props still attached so not prop failure.

Any ideas ?

Props still attached so not prop failure.
Any ideas ?
Prop failure?
A prop failure would only see the drone spiralling downwards.

As described, it sounds very much like what can happen when you launch from a site above or close to enough steel to cause yaw errors.
Post flight data and it should be obvious if that's the case.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record (txt file) from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

I copied the Dat files last night and will send to DJI for analysis
If you'd like members here to analyze your flight, then attach your TXT flight log here (as @Meta4 suggested above).

Where did you take off from?

If you'd like members here to analyze your flight, then attach your TXT flight log here (as @Meta4 suggested above).

Where did you take off from?
I only have the DAT files, can I convert them ?

Took off from front garden, level ground, no wind, no cloud, perfect flying conditions

@Brianj4242 Do you mean the aircraft .dat? Not directly, no. You will need to use Datcon to convert those to .csv.
What you can do is upload the .dat file to a sharable location such as dropbox, google drive etc... and share a link to that back here. The aircraft .dat files cannot be directly uploaded here. We can review the data once you have it shared back here.

Your flight logs are stored on the device you use with the remote control (I now know).

As Meta4 says, you can access them from either an iOS device or android by following this link.

If you have the phone or tablet you used to fly, that is where the files requested are to be found.
Instructions are in post #4

Took off from front garden, level ground, no wind, no cloud, perfect flying conditions
What can you say about the launch area?
Was it a reinforced concrete surface perhaps?

If you have the phone or tablet you used to fly, that is where the files requested are to be found.
Instructions are in post #4

What can you say about the launch area?
Was it a reinforced concrete surface perhaps?
No, its a large car park where I have taken off a hundred times before, no high frequency pylons, no steel structures, no reinforcement, just a plain car park

No, its a large car park where I have taken off a hundred times before, no high frequency pylons, no steel structures, no reinforcement, just a plain car park

Are we going to see the DAT file, or are we just expected to keep guessing what happened?

Reactions: RodPad and Fly Dawg
Are we going to see the DAT file, or are we just expected to keep guessing what happened?
Was wondering the same.

Sorry, but I only have the Dat file at the moment and the posts above say it has to be the Txt file which I am still trying to get
It only takes two minutes to do what was suggested in post #4 three days ago.
Some data is necessary to go any further than guessing.
Whether it's the .txt file or a .dat file isn't critical.
But no data = no analysis.

Reactions: RodPad
Whether it's the .txt file or a .dat file isn't critical.
Depending on the incident involved, this is debatable. The.dat files will provide much more information in such a brief period of time. Agreed, on the comment however, " No Data=No analysis"

FLY026 was the flight. Your takeoff location was magnetically compromised. Notice that the yaw was initialized to around 55° by the compass, but that as the aircraft ascended the compass reading changed as it climbed away from the interference. That led to a discrepancy of over 90°.

And uncontrolled flight:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl