P3 flip and crash to the concrete....

Thanks Dronason. I've done that. I still would like to know how to perform a CSC. Both sticks moved into what position? straight down? I'm certain I did that. First left stick. Then held left stick and pulled down right stick.

How do you arm the motors before take off? (Make the motors start)

CSC = down and in. All I needed to know.

I read the manual StumbleBee....numerous times. CSC shutdown never was impressed upon me on page 46......it is now......

Here's a slider......I use DJI Go 100% of the time to arm the motors. Down and in hasn't been in my repertoire since owning a P2 vision +

I read the manual StumbleBee....numerous times. CSC shutdown never was impressed upon me on page 46......it is now......
I'm sorta surprised no one mentioned a potential drawback to a CSC shutdown. There have been pilots who have posted that their Phantoms flipped onto their sides during a CSC shutdown! Apparently if the sticks aren't moved precisely in unison this can happen. I once always did CSC shutdowns but noticed that it was near impossible to not have the bird ever so slightly tilt during the process. This made me more than a little nervous because I thought that a slight wind gust at the wrong time might flip it.
Bottom line: I do a One Stick shutdown for all routine landings. If it's an emergency, or conditions are dicey, or a dog is looking to chomp on a wing, I use CSC. It's definitely foolproof and faster.

I'm sorta surprised no one mentioned a potential drawback to a CSC shutdown. There have been pilots who have posted that their Phantoms flipped onto their sides during a CSC shutdown! Apparently if the sticks aren't moved precisely in unison this can happen. I once always did CSC shutdowns but noticed that it was near impossible to not have the bird ever so slightly tilt during the process. This made me more than a little nervous because I thought that a slight wind gust at the wrong time might flip it.
Bottom line: I do a One Stick shutdown for all routine landings. If it's an emergency, or conditions are dicey, or a dog is looking to chomp on a wing, I use CSC. It's definitely foolproof and faster.

Here's a slider......I use DJI Go 100% of the time to arm the motors. Down and in hasn't been in my repertoire since owning a P2 vision +

But the GO app makes the bird rise to about 4' and hover! Using the CSC will arm the motors and you can do a ground check. (Then you have to shut down if you still want to do a GO takeoff.)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost