Ok, I'll admit it, I flew over houses today

I decided to have a look at your other 4 videos on Vimeo (nice BTW!) and they all look great. There must be a problem with this one though. I would try reuploading it. I wish I had that kind of scenery to film!

Cheers

I can only conclude that there is either a problem with your Vimeo video or you are not rendering to a high enough bitrate for us to see any HD from your link. As a test I uploaded this 4k video taken with my P3P and can select from 360p all the way up to 4k and see a real difference between the different qualities:

If I use your link it doesn't matter what quality I choose it all looks the same.

What program are you using to export the final video and at what bitrate?

Its embarrassing to admit I'm not tech savvy at all. Please explain "rendering to a high enough bitrate". As far as exporting the program, I not sure what you mean. I take it mpg4 from the SD card then drag and drop it to the Vimeo upload page. I have a slow upload speed, takes about 2 hours for 4 gigs. On my end, I can see a huge difference between, when using Vimeo, in selecting the lowest setting and 1080p.

I decided to have a look at your other 4 videos on Vimeo (nice BTW!) and they all look great. There must be a problem with this one though. I would try reuploading it. I wish I had that kind of scenery to film!

Cheers

Thank you. I REALLY wish I had researched computers before buying this new one. I should have dropped the money for something that can handle Ultra HD and 4K. But on my end, for viewing anyway, the 1080p HD looks great.

Thank you. I REALLY wish I had researched computers before buying this new one. I should have dropped the money for something that can handle Ultra HD and 4K. But on my end, for viewing anyway, the 1080p HD looks great.
Unless you have a 4k monitor then 1080p is fine really. I film in .mov format then edit using Premiere Pro. Even though my computer is about 3 years old it renders 4k video in an acceptable speed to me. I have used this guys video tutorials as a guide for my rendering settings and general tips on getting the most out of my Phantom footage. Highly recommended viewing! He's like the Bob Ross of Phantom tutorials!

Frederick Hagan

Especially this one:

..... On my end, I can see a huge difference between, when using Vimeo, in selecting the lowest setting and 1080p.
This is very odd. Like I said, all your other videos, when cycling through the various qualities available I see the differences but with this one...they all look the same...like 360p. This is on 2 different platforms with a fast internet connection. Most puzzling!

I have Corel Video Studio X8. I'm going to see what I can figure out what that particular clip and if I can change anything. Wish I knew what the heck I was doing. I'm use to just shooting the video and uploading.

Very impressive, it is amazing the images and videos these are capable of producing. My only comment would be that on my screen, the camera has a slight tilt to the left. I probably wouldn't notice it had I not been watching it on my phone and had the horizon right next to the edge of the screen. Probably a calibration you can do if it is an actual tilt and not just my eyes.

-Tom

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What antenna you flying with at 2mile what you got it set to in NAZA software
im flying with stock antenna's and video on auto in dji go, i easily get 2+ miles with no video loss or weak signal, im on the previous update to this latest one, cant believe DJI have not sorted this range issue out yet, its terrible

awesome video to the op too! :)

Attachments

• 2016-05-19.png
    2016-05-19.png
    694 KB · Views: 285
Very impressive, it is amazing the images and videos these are capable of producing. My only comment would be that on my screen, the camera has a slight tilt to the left. I probably wouldn't notice it had I not been watching it on my phone and had the horizon right next to the edge of the screen. Probably a calibration you can do if it is an actual tilt and not just my eyes.

-Tom

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes sir, the dreaded horizon tilt. It worked itself out once I got going, but there is no getting rid of it, that I know of anyway. Thanks!

Nobody owns the sky. Flying over a house is not trespass and it is not invasion of privacy unless you come close and annoy the occupants.
The sky and the sea belong to all.

Reactions: snowghost
Can anyone tell me how we can have visual line of sight when our bird is 2 or 3 miles away? I am truly just trying to rationalize using my P3P to its fullest and still stay within the rules.

Can anyone tell me how we can have visual line of sight when our bird is 2 or 3 miles away? I am truly just trying to rationalize using my P3P to its fullest and still stay within the rules.

Fly at night with the lights and you'll see it. Also if you can get somebody to be a spotter. It is tough at times to briefly look down at the iPad and then get back a visual fix on the bird when it's out pretty far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues