ItElite Modification Honest review --> OK range improvements

I forgot one thing. You also need a 4 sets of lmr-240 or two will work if you connect the amps directly to the lmr-400. Use 2 runs of lmr-240 from the amps to the remote as it is smaller and flexable. Mine is setup to where the lmr-400 comes out the wall in my office and plug right into my amps then from the amps to the remote I used 8ft lmr-240 extensions. Those amps they sell are good and I don't know of anything better. I do have one 5watt I use on my video and 3watt on control. Both 5watt did not work for me at the same time. You don't need more power. This set up in my car with 3watts gets me 7 miles on the matrice 100 but need to do some mods to get any further. I think with the lmr 240 u want one end sma and one rpsma. When I ordered I bought several adapters sma to rpsma vise versa. Best to order it right without using any adapters

Ok cool, so then the Sunhans 3w are the ones the get? Do you have different amps then? For the car and home? I was at Amazon when you replied. It seems I could save a little and get 100' and cut them in half, unless you think that's not wise?
Thanks for all the time man, but there will be others using this info, so it's a big help to all.
I'm thinking after all is said and done, with $160 in amps, and another $160 in cables, you prolly are over $500 with the nice antennas you bought. That's why I ask about the amps, if they could be taken out of the loop to be used for the TX when Mobil.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here is the link if you want to try them. And a video showing how well they penetrate. I am at 7 miles out one way and still full signal so not really sure how far u can get but that's a long way! L-Com HG2409MGU-NM 2.4 GHz 8.5 dBi Omni Antenna w/ Magnetic Mount 10ft N-Male - Walmart.com

Video

The one in your link is HG2409MGU-NM...But Is this (HG2409MGU-RSP) the one you would have to get to plug into your RC with the RP- sma plug? Thanks

[URL='https://www.amazon.com/gp/your-account/ship-track/ref=oh_aui_st_v2_btn?ie=UTF8&itemId=rkkmstkpljttp&orderId=111-7034936-2968235&packageIndex=0&shipmentId=DszMFkdgN'] [/URL]

Ok cool, so then the Sunhans 3w are the ones the get? Do you have different amps then? For the car and home? I was at Amazon when you replied. It seems I could save a little and get 100' and cut them in half, unless you think that's not wise?
Thanks for all the time man, but there will be others using this info, so it's a big help to all.
I'm thinking after all is said and done, with $160 in amps, and another $160 in cables, you prolly are over $500 with the nice antennas you bought. That's why I ask about the amps, if they could be taken out of the loop to be used for the TX when Mobil.

Actually, I ordered new amps and mount from maxxuav. Now that I am using the car setup too I plan to leave the amps attached to the remote and just plug in where ever house car or just use the maxxrange when its out. No, do not cut that cable in half unless you have the skills to re attach the sma connectors. All I can say is try without amps. The carsetup with shorter extensions will do pretty good without them. Ive never tested range but have hit 10,000ft with no amps. Guess you have to pay to play lol

Actually, I ordered new amps and mount from maxxuav. Now that I am using the car setup too I plan to leave the amps attached to the remote and just plug in where ever house car or just use the maxxrange when its out. No, do not cut that cable in half unless you have the skills to re attach the sma connectors. All I can say is try without amps. The carsetup with shorter extensions will do pretty good without them. Ive never tested range but have hit 10,000ft with no amps. Guess you have to pay to play lol
Right! PTP lol another abbreviation we will have to learn, pay to play PtP

The reason I mentioned that is because I HD planned on getting those same deals, but as a retired/disabled Pipefitter (with 3 broken backs, 2 failed surgeries, and. Partridge in a pear tree! Lol) I'm legitimately hurt, not that I would, too much integrity, but I don't work on the side, work for cash doing odd jobs, or flat out work 40hrs a week and collect disability (there are more scumbags like that then anything) so money is an actual thing for me. Heck if I didn't get the P4 for like $930 I wouldn't have been able to swing it. Don't get me wrong, I do ok, but animals and keeping them healthy is my biggest cost, we have 9 cats and dogs right now.
Dang, I have mechanical experience with fiber optics, but I don't have the tools here for professional splicing. Maybe I can't get away with 25', but we both know it's way better to have a little more, then be even a little short. We have one of those houses with a really high attic, I guess to cushion and insulate from the heat, but one top of 14' ceilings and then like a 12 or 14" attic, I'll need 50' and lucky I've got a direct route to the roof. Again, I won't even be able to go up there, but have some buddies that will do it, I'll give them a few bucks anyway.

With all your testing and knowledge thru trial and error, I defer to you man. Do you know which port is which on the remote? Which antenna, (by side looking at controller) is signal and video? I've thought maybe doing one at a time, and would do signal first as I seem to lose both at same time.
Thanks again Jeremiah, you've put me one my way, it may take some time, but this baby will work for other UAVs too, the typhoon H St16 remote, had a connector and regular antenna, so even hooking that up would be easy. Also I'm lucky enough to have a 300B, doesn't have the Di'Vinchi chipset, but inset crippled in power and have had good luck with it and the MOD so far, much much improved over the stock setup, I used it once and took the fun right out of it having to so worry and accurately point it all the time.

Thanks man, good info here for all those wanting to do this. Ok will do, so say when I get me Sunhans amps, for my "walking" setup, I can put them close to the remote and then use them for both right? That would be ideal. Unless it's the size that makes them so expensive and I can get some that are too big to mount on a controller, but put out serious wattage, and big as a car battery! Then I guess I'd be able to afford them first.

Does anyone know of larger amps that aren't so compact? That are good, better then the smaller 3 watt amps most buy for the DBS or FVLR

L com has some nice but very expensive amps that are to big for the remote. We are talking 700 plus each. I don't think they will sell to us here in the us I could be wrong. Also, I called them and asked about their 10watt amps and they said in this application they wont work and that I would need an amp that supports
It's not a valid link J.

HG2409MGU-RSP its this one with sma on the end

Just a quick question for Jeremiah since you seem to have figured this whole thing out. I have two of those cheap 4watt black amps with the birds on them. Should I reduce the amp size on the control? I already notice control is plenty strong, but it is the video signal that I lose first. I suspect my control power is stepping on my video signal.
20160411_010907.jpg

Last edited:
GOOD EXPERIENCE with ITELITE DBS-02!! I got my antenna a few days ago but have not had time to fly. I finally made some time and just snapped on the antenna with no amps and went further than I ever have before! Further than stock with windsurfers, Alfa directional with and without 4 watt amps, 8 dbi Omni directionals with and without amps, etc. I have been playing around with several antenna mock-ups and I just found my new favorite. I was not even facing the direction of the bird for the first 3,000 feet or so.

I have a certain run that I always make at the same altitudes, etc. In a better area, I could have gotten further with all set-ups but it is best to test in the same place, making the same flight every time to see differences.

My former best was between 11,000' to 12,450' out with big loss of signal that did not come back for a few minutes when dropped from amplified Alfa directional antennas, pretty scary.
New best after 1 flight, (sun went down) was just 13,500' with just the ITE DBS antenna and no amps. That does not sound like a big difference but I seem to hit some bad interference at the ~12,000' mark. Just as I cross a road called "Power Blvd." named after the huge power lines that bring the main power for the whole area. Yes, I am being sarcastic. I KNOW that that is the reason for my wall of interference at 12,000' The problem is that is the only run I can make from home. I have an airport a few miles to the South, a 26 mile lake to my North, a 15+ mile swamp to the West, and those power lines along the levee to my East, so I go East. If I lose battery at least it will land somewhere I may be able to find it.

My point is NOT the actual distance of 13,500' is so great, but the huge difference in comparison to several other combinations I have tried so far. I had great signal further than ever before and I have not tried amps yet. That will be tomorrow if I get some more time.

Good luck with the P4 remote . If you have a P3 300B remote you can just use that for now.

Good luck with the P4 remote . If you have a P3 300B remote you can just use that for now.
One caveat---You'll need to update the P3 300B remote to the latest firmware before you can fly the P4 with it. That's new, after one of the P4 firmware updates. It won't let you arm the P4 motors until you do! :rolleyes: That may cause some unintended consequences when you rebind the remote with your P3. I deliberately sandboxed both systems for this very reason. Dedicated remotes and dedicated tablets for each system.

I personally own a half-dozen different type of Wi-Fi antennas. I also bought 2 cheap four watt amplifiers, and I have 2 pair of windsurfers one of them regular and one huge pair I made for tall antennas. No combination of any antenna with or without amps worked better than the ITE DBS-02 antenna with no amps in my experience.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I fly in a very heavy RF area with power lines and I've gone to 2.6 miles away

Yes, as I have stated before I got about 2.1 miles with stock antennas and windsurfers. The windsurfers are the easiest way to get up to double or more range. Beyond that, you need extra help.

Yes, as I have stated before I got about 2.1 miles with stock antennas and windsurfers. The windsurfers are the easiest way to get up to double or more range. Beyond that, you need extra help.
So did you order the cheap omni directional antennas for your setup ? Or the $86 ones from Walmart like Jeremiah did?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20