Flight Over the Gulf using Titan Cyclone Antenna!

The first thing I'd try if I was you is the windsurfer deflector - it's very reasonably priced, a breeze to install, and potentially offers very nice range improvement.
Thank you for the reply. Even though the windsurfer is very inexpensive, I would rather spend my money once to get a good amplified antenna that can get me 3 miles or better. I learned a long time ago that I can learn from other people's experiences and mistakes, and that has served me well. I have seen mixed reviews on the windsurfer, and it seems that it is more of a parabolic antenna than an actual amplified antenna. I know the FCC limits recreational AM frequencies (like the 2.4 and 5ghz) to 4 watts, and I would like to find something close to that.

Not sure what you mean by amplified antenna. A deflector turns your stock omni antenna into a directional antenna. The other antennas you might mount will also be directional antennas but will require a lot more work and expense.

Yes, you can eventually put an amplifier between the transmitter and the antenna if you wish, but you should worry about that later.

What are you flying?

I'm interested in knowing what the advantage is to the Titan system, so I always read Titan threads but I never seem to see anything that encourages me to want a Titan antenna. For example, the stock range is 4.3 miles, so I would expect a modded antenna to do better.

Below is a guy who flew right out of the box (no mod) and went 18,000 feet distance which is nice but still not quite the stock max range for the P4P.

What I'd like to see is a Titan antenna flight that beats the max stock range... and also beats some of the other antennas available such as the ITELITE.

Nice flight. Thanks for posting.
I've flown my P4P Plus out to 18,000 feet before with just parabolic reflectors. But to be fair, conditions have to be pretty good. I was out in the wide open country, no trees just rolling hills. I was on a basic straight line course out and back having to pause on occasion to re-acquire my signal, watching my bars and adjusting the controller and parabolics to point the right way. I imagine with the Cyclone, you can fly around trees and other obsticles and still have good signal. I would also assume you would be able to fly in different patterns as you get further out without having to fly in a straight line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20