Ok, I'll admit it, I flew over houses today

I've seen Dirty Birds videos and he , like me, is a victim on his surroundings. Anyone that bought a quad , didnt buy it to drive 50 miles to fly it , you fly it as close to home as possible. And if that means in a suburban area , so be it . Just be careful , fly high enough and I dont see a problem unless someone pulls out their gun and shoot at your bird like they did me. Haha

I've seen Dirty Birds videos and he , like me, is a victim on his surroundings. Anyone that bought a quad , didnt buy it to drive 50 miles to fly it , you fly it as close to home as possible. And if that means in a suburban area , so be it . Just be careful , fly high enough and I dont see a problem unless someone pulls out their gun and shoot at your bird like they did me. Haha

Thank goodness we don't have retarded gun laws in the uk :)

My house is in residential so I'm forced to fly over houses and cars etc. The P3 and P4 climb very quickly and that's what I do. Then keep it high.

Reactions: Fallguy and Zuzua
I fly over houses sometimes, but not very often. Shame on me. I do take precaution however, where I can, when I can, such as flying over streets the majority of the time, avoiding busy boulevards with lots of cars. I also try to stay at least 300' AGL when above houses to minimize the noise annoyance, and I always avoid hovering over or near homes. That's a red flag. I'll also take advantage of flying over fields, parks, golf courses, or schools when there are few people. I never from from my house though. Most of my flying is in hills, mountains, or over water, very low risk. Last weekend it was Napa Valley, flying over vineyards.

Thanks bro.

Been looking to finally give wind surfers a chance and since you have such a glowing review of these, I'll order them.

You're not affiliated with the company?
Was about to try it but on the link you provided me there is not one 5 star review out of 6 and 4 of the reviews had the "I received a discount...honest review". I look at 4s from a freebie reviewer as terrible. Thanks though!!!

I fly over houses sometimes, but not very often. Shame on me. I do take precaution however, where I can, when I can, such as flying over streets the majority of the time, avoiding busy boulevards with lots of cars. I also try to stay at least 300' AGL when above houses to minimize the noise annoyance, and I always avoid hovering over or near homes. That's a red flag. I'll also take advantage of flying over fields, parks, golf courses, or schools when there are few people. I never from from my house though. Most of my flying is in hills, mountains, or over water, very low risk. Last weekend it was Napa Valley, flying over vineyards.
I like to fly mine at 20 feet with some fishing wire with a burning crack pipe on it right down skid row.

Most fun you can have dressed!

Reactions: FlashBuddy
Thank goodness we don't have retarded gun laws in the uk :)
Thank goodness our culinary masterpiece isn't fried cod with French fries served with salt and vinegar with a glass of coke with no ice. :)

JK. Actually, Britian is a second home to me but seriously.

Very cool! I am wondering what settings you are using to export your videos as I was so frustrated with the quality I ran my Vimeo app but was still presented with a less than stellar image quality. Not a criticism but with your Vimeo Pro account you could make this look so much better!

My house is in residential so I'm forced to fly over houses and cars etc. The P3 and P4 climb very quickly and that's what I do. Then keep it high.

That's not exactly a true statement and I can see many people taking offense to it.

You're not *forced* to fly over houses because of where you live. You do have the option of travelling to a more isolated area to fly.

I'm also in a subdivision and when I want to fly from home, I fly over houses - but I'm not under any illusion that I'm *forced* to do so. It's definitely a decision I make for convenience.

Very cool! I am wondering what settings you are using to export your videos as I was so frustrated with the quality I ran my Vimeo app but was still presented with a less than stellar image quality. Not a criticism but with your Vimeo Pro account you could make this look so much better!

I shoot in 1080p. I'm not too happy with Vimeo on the end either, although the 1080p looks pretty good, albeit small when I watch videos though Vimeo. All they say is "The Vimeo player uses adaptive streaming technology to pick the best quality video file for playback depending the strength of your network connection, the size of the player, and other factors. If you aren’t seeing HD video, it’s probably because your playback environment is not optimized for HD."

Was about to try it but on the link you provided me there is not one 5 star review out of 6 and 4 of the reviews had the "I received a discount...honest review". I look at 4s from a freebie reviewer as terrible. Thanks though!!!

If you have access to a 3D printer, you can download the plans for a windsurfer-like antenna (that works) for free from Thingiverse. Then you buy a roll of foil tape and 4 small screws from the hardware store and you can assemble it yourself for less than $4.

It really does work too. Not as well as an ITElite or FPVLR antenna mind you - but it's a nice starting boost almost for free!

Reactions: Jussaguy
That's not exactly a true statement and I can see many people taking offense to it.

You're not *forced* to fly over houses because of where you live. You do have the option of travelling to a more isolated area to fly.

I'm also in a subdivision and when I want to fly from home, I fly over houses - but I'm not under any illusion that I'm *forced* to do so. It's definitely a decision I make for convenience.

Cool story bro.

I shoot in 1080p. I'm not too happy with Vimeo on the end either, although the 1080p looks pretty good, albeit small when I watch videos though Vimeo. All they say is "The Vimeo player uses adaptive streaming technology to pick the best quality video file for playback depending the strength of your network connection, the size of the player, and other factors. If you aren’t seeing HD video, it’s probably because your playback environment is not optimized for HD."
I occasionally shoot in 1080p 60 FPS mode and I also have a Vimeo pro account which I will probably not be updating when it comes due to this fall. Here's a link to a YouTube video I shot a few months ago at 1080p 60fps. View this either directly from the YouTube app on your mobile device or on your computer directly from the YouTube page as the videos on this site seem to play for some reason in low quailty. On this site on my iPad I usually just tap on the title of the video at the top of its window and it offers to open in the YouTube app where I can then choose the maximum quality.

Edit, yeah, if you just tap on this video and look at it on a browser (at least on the iPad) it looks like crap to me! :) But tapping on the title will open the YouTube app I can choose the maximum quality. your mileage may vary!

So....for some reason, on both my PC with IE or Chrome or my Mac running Safari, directly from the Vimeo site, I CANNOT get the "HD" setting to work. Doesn't matter if I choose 1080 or 720 or 360, makes no dicernable difference.

Last edited:
What about using UHD, 3840x2160P?

I can only conclude that there is either a problem with your Vimeo video or you are not rendering to a high enough bitrate for us to see any HD from your link. As a test I uploaded this 4k video taken with my P3P and can select from 360p all the way up to 4k and see a real difference between the different qualities:

If I use your link it doesn't matter what quality I choose it all looks the same.

What program are you using to export the final video and at what bitrate?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik