Apparently, the modded P4 is owned by Chuck who posted a video that I took the screenshots from, as I recall.
I don't know Chuck, but would love to contact him. Any way to reach him?
Chuck is on Facebook. But he only mods his own birds. He is a great guy though!
Any way you could find that video again? Was it on Facebook?

Chuck is on Facebook. But he only mods his own birds. He is a great guy though!
Any way you could find that video again? Was it on Facebook?
It was this one, that I think you may have already seen, but the very end starting at 2:50 shows the aircraft in close detail.

Last edited:
Well I actually sent my P4 battery to this guy. He opened it, spent time, and told me it's just impossible. So it seems only the bird mod is the way forward.
I may be in trouble then. Your guy is my guy's mentor! :eek:

I may be in trouble then. Your guy is my guy's mentor! :eek:

I think it's possible.... The battery mechanics are not that different from the P3.

Also the P3 mod the wore comes out the end of the battery. I'm sure we will have a "guy" soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So this thread shows that it most certainly can get the range it says and this thread shows battery power is teue, so why are there 99 threads of people so happy about not buying a P4 because believe me, the P4 feels cooler and it flies smoother faster and better.

There are so many here passionate about the hobby and the P4.

Unfortunately, the guys that are passionate about proving something wrong or passionate about expressing negativity are the more vocal ones here.

It's too bad they can't just express their concerns once, so we can take that information in, and then move on. They seem to need a million threads on the same topic in order to satisfy their needs...

I just realized your "uptolevel6"... Lol. In my post "I'm sorry to say... But...." Explaining I love my P4, I got accused of being you!

Lol. See DirtyBird! It's not me! Whoop!

I announced loud and clear who I was. It wouldn't let me use that avatar when I re-signed after my 1-2 week ban. Dirty Bird doesn't like me at all for some reason so sorry he thought you were I.

Although he did agree, nay yearn, for me to play with his mustache.

image.png

image.png

13348 feet / 2.52 miles each way on stock setup today, 33 degree temps. Was going to do a comparison of windsurfers and no windsurfers but never lost signal without. Went back because I was too cold standing outside plus had some head on wind returning. Landed with 28% battery.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
13,173 feet almost 2.5 miles .
I know it doesn't put me on the board , but thought I would post yesterdays results . Like Ramphex , I too was out in the cold weather and never lost signal , but decided to turn around because this was my first long distance flight and wanted to be sure I had enough battery on the way back. The return trip seemed to last forever.
chip%202.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

13,173 feet almost 2.5 miles .
I know it doesn't put me on the board , but thought I would post yesterdays results . Like Ramphex , I too was out in the cold weather and never lost signal , but decided to turn around because this was my first long distance flight and wanted to be sure I had enough battery on the way back. The return trip seemed to last forever.
chip%202.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Unless you ever want to go 2 miles in a real life scenario and I can't remember ever needing to go that far in my whole history of aerial photography on a paid gig, why risk your bird to see if you can do it?

Seems chest thumping (and no I'm not accusing of chest thumping) but I've been flying in open fields and had the desire to go as "far as I can" to report it back to here or maybe somewhere else and then I remember "what for"? There are people with legitimate reasons but not this guy. Battery on the other hand, different story.

Almost everyone needs battery. Very few need to go over a mile, let alone 3-5 miles.

Unless you ever want to go 2 miles in a real life scenario and I can't remember ever needing to go that far in my whole history of aerial photography on a paid gig, why risk your bird to see if you can do it?

Seems chest thumping (and no I'm not accusing of chest thumping) but I've been flying in open fields and had the desire to go as "far as I can" to report it back to here or maybe somewhere else and then I remember "what for"? There are people with legitimate reasons but not this guy. Battery on the other hand, different story.

Almost everyone needs battery. Very few need to go over a mile, let alone 3-5 miles.
I understand your point . My test was to see if all the bad publicity on the P4 range was accurate . I have had a bad experience with my first flight (2700 feet) and had to prove this was operator error (not flying high enough, trees in the way ) . Dont have any paid gigs , so I wouldnt need it for that purpose.

Gotta give kudos to the OP. This is the way to maintain a thread: summarize and put all the good info in post #1. A year from now, somebody can search and find all the info on the subject without having to read through 500 posts. There's no reason why this kind of maintenance can't be done on a large range of thread topics. Well done, sir.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Gotta give kudos to the OP. This is the way to maintain a thread: summarize and put all the good info in post #1. A year from now, somebody can search and find all the info on the subject without having to read through 500 posts. There's no reason why this kind of maintenance can't be done on a large range of thread topics. Well done, sir.
Thanks bud! :)

Why does anyone care how far anyone else flies lol. There's nothing wrong with range tests just like there's nothing wrong with seeing how far your car will drive from F to E. Some people swear that you shouldn't run your car until empty but at the end of the day... who cares? lol.

OP is this staying a Top 10?

Why does anyone care how far anyone else flies lol. There's nothing wrong with range tests just like there's nothing wrong with seeing how far your car will drive from F to E. Some people swear that you shouldn't run your car until empty but at the end of the day... who cares? lol.

OP is this staying a Top 10?
I could open it up to Top 15 or even 20. I assume we'll start getting more people on here as the weather gets better.

How about top 10 stock ( to include windsurfers), modified, and modified/boosted.... Something for everyone who's interested in range... If they aren't interested they can bypass this thread[emoji106]

I like that idea! I'll put something together later this afternoon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl