New Firmware released V01.02.0304

Hello;
I've plugged P4P into PC and Assistant told me to upgrade to latst FW
Did that, however DJI GO 4 told me to update controller too, did that through app
Now, how do I update my battery fw? Also, I have only 2.4 Ghz available, which is upsetting, any hope to unlock 5.8ghz aswell?
Thanks

how do I update my battery fw?
If you only have one battery, it will update when the firmware is installed on your Phantom. If you have extra batteries, start at step #21 here.

Hello;
I've plugged P4P into PC and Assistant told me to upgrade to latst FW
Did that, however DJI GO 4 told me to update controller too, did that through app
Now, how do I update my battery fw? Also, I have only 2.4 Ghz available, which is upsetting, any hope to unlock 5.8ghz aswell?
Thanks

Battery FW is updated if it is inside P4P while doing update via Assistant. If you have multiple batteries you have to connect your P4P to Assistant with each battery.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: DroneOnNDP
msinger, neven,
Thanks, got it!
What about 5.8 Ghz? Mine HD transmission on app is locked on 2.4 Ghz, Im getting a lot of sluttering and packet loss, but I cant change it to 5.8 Ghz.
How could this be fixed?
Also, how can I discover if it a CE or FCC version?

msinger, neven,
Thanks, got it!
What about 5.8 Ghz? Mine HD transmission on app is locked on 2.4 Ghz, Im getting a lot of sluttering and packet loss, but I cant change it to 5.8 Ghz.
How could this be fixed?
Also, how can I discover if it a CE or FCC version?

From my limited experience with P4P the logic behind auto band selection is that 5G will be selected in noisy WiFi enviroment with many devices on 2.4G and 2.4G will be selected in rural environments.
I have no idea about FCC or CE in India, remotes are the same, power is reduced when GPS location of aircraft is in FCC or CE zone.

Weird, Im not even close to India, and place where Im going to fly has neither CE nor FCC accepted, which one will Phantom decide to use then? Why can't I choose by myself? :S

Hey guys - im new to the forum
If im looking for a drone and pilot for a shoot i have, is there a place on the site I can get available ones?

Have problems updating FW on the P4P+. I have RC connected to bird (with DJI supplied usb adapter). 98% of the time I get this P1110711.JPG

2% of the time it prompts to start download, and about 5% in, update stops. Could my usb adapter be bad? Thx

Tom, I believe you should give DJI assistant 2 a chance. This worked for both bird and my battery like a charm. Right after that DJI GO 4 app reported that my radio is outdated, so I let it download and install a update through 4G.
I think that if your usb cord would be broken, it would stop updating at random percentage. Anyways, those usb<>microUSB are easy to get anywhere
added: my bad, didnt see its "+", dont know how screen there works

Tom, I believe you should give DJI assistant 2 a chance. This worked for both bird and my battery like a charm. Right after that DJI GO 4 app reported that my radio is outdated, so I let it download and install a update through 4G.
I think that if your usb cord would be broken, it would stop updating at random percentage. Anyways, those usb<>microUSB are easy to get anywhere
added: my bad, didnt see its "+", dont know how screen there works
I will give DJI assist2 a shot, thank you. Multiple batteries easy to update?

I will give DJI assist2 a shot, thank you. Multiple batteries easy to update?
Haven't tried yet, I own just one atm, second is on the way~
But I think it wont take much, DJI's stuff is always user-friendly

Haven't tried yet, I own just one atm, second is on the way~
But I think it wont take much, DJI's stuff is always user-friendly
Thanks much for the tip - update good with Assist 2. Just power down bird, insert 2nd batt and assit 2 prompts you and updates. Thx again

I have no idea why I assumed you are in India :)

Anyway, power output should comply to local laws.

Not so sure on that. I wouldn't think it would be easy to change a transmitter otherwise the Euro types would be hacking their Phantoms to get the full power like we have in the USA.

As an aside on the batteries, I have 2 extra and one did the battery update but the other didn't. I found that curious and perhaps one day it will prompt but it didn't yesterday even when it had a full charge.

Not so sure on that. I wouldn't think it would be easy to change a transmitter otherwise the Euro types would be hacking their Phantoms to get the full power like we have in the USA.

As an aside on the batteries, I have 2 extra and one did the battery update but the other didn't. I found that curious and perhaps one day it will prompt but it didn't yesterday even when it had a full charge.

This is how it worked on P3 and I believe it is the same with P4. When RC and AC are powered up, linked and AC acquire GPS coordinates, RC will reduce/increase output power accordingly. And european users are lookigbfor a hack since day one with some success.

Are you updating with Assistant or Go?

This is how it worked on P3 and I believe it is the same with P4. When RC and AC are powered up, linked and AC acquire GPS coordinates, RC will reduce/increase output power accordingly. And european users are lookigbfor a hack since day one with some success.

Are you updating with Assistant or Go?

Go. It prompted for the upgrade so I let it do the upgrade as I had plenty of battery all around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119