New Firmware V01.04.0602

What version are you on now? I would suggest you install version ‘509’ and NOT advance beyond that ... at least not until DJI releases a proven-bug-free version of firmware for the P4P+ ... which has not happened since ‘509’ was released. All of the issues occurred when they started to add all of the “flight restrictions” aspects into the firmware. All that accomplished was instability, less functionality, crashed drones and too many other issues to mention them all, etc. Go with firmware ‘509’ in the AC and 1.1.3 in the RC. This will set you up with a functional, stable, and far less restrictive platform. Also, turn off WIFI after the downgrade and initial login. Do not allow future upgrades - it will ask you every time you use the drone but you can choose not to change anything each time it asks.

Reactions: Timinator
What version are you on now? I would suggest you install version ‘509’ and NOT advance beyond that ... at least not until DJI releases a proven-bug-free version of firmware for the P4P+ ... which has not happened since ‘509’ was released. All of the issues occurred when they started to add all of the “flight restrictions” aspects into the firmware. All that accomplished was instability, less functionality, crashed drones and too many other issues to mention them all, etc. Go with firmware ‘509’ in the AC and 1.1.3 in the RC. This will set you up with a functional, stable, and far less restrictive platform. Also, turn off WIFI after the downgrade and initial login. Do not allow future upgrades - it will ask you every time you use the drone but you can choose not to change anything each time it asks.
I agree - sticking with 509 makes sense - these firmware updates don't seem to be fixing issues or adding value to me. Are they just adding CYA for things DJI lawyers are worried about ?

I agree - sticking with 509 makes sense - these firmware updates don't seem to be fixing issues or adding value to me. Are they just adding CYA for things DJI lawyers are worried about ?
You pretty much hit the proverbial nail on the head regarding DJI.

Just curious, what parameters that exist in '509' were either removed or locked down in the future releases of DJI firmware?
All of them. '509' is the last FW version that parameter mods though the older Assistant 2 still work. However, the tradeoff is a drifting horizon, which was fixed in later FW. The main parameter mods of interest in '509' for those not seeking to circumvent the 500m height limit or NFZ's are the custom setting of the annoying wind warnings to higher wind speed values, and a faster RTH speed, as well as increasing the OA speed above 30mph. Personally, though, I would rather have a level horizon, since I don't climb mountains above 500m and don't need to fly in NFZ's! I've learned to live with the annoying High Wind warnings. :rolleyes:

Reactions: u000gbk
All of them. '509' is the last FW version that parameter mods though the older Assistant 2 still work. However, the tradeoff is a drifting horizon, which was fixed in later FW. The main parameter mods of interest in '509' for those not seeking to circumvent the 500m height limit or NFZ's are the custom setting of the annoying wind warnings to higher wind speed values, and a faster RTH speed, as well as increasing the OA speed above 30mph. Personally, though, I would rather have a level horizon, since I don't climb mountains above 500m and don't need to fly in NFZ's! I've learned to live with the annoying High Wind warnings. :rolleyes:
How would you modify them if you ever wanted to? All I ever saw when using Assistant 2 (old and new) was the option to load a version of firmware although I never loaded any with the new version ... only used the new version to reset values back to default ... I never saw any option to change any parameters within the loaded version when loading it or after loading it, etc. ??? Maybe I was not looking in the right place ???

Which firmware version do you use to give you a level horizon?

How would you modify them if you ever wanted to? All I ever saw when using Assistant 2 (old and new) was the option to load a version of firmware ... I never saw any option to change any parameters within the loaded version when loading it or after loading it ??? Maybe I was not looking in the right place ???
The parameter screen is hidden until some minor edits are first made to a control file. Then the ability to edit the parameters needs to be enabled. It's all covered elsewhere if you do a dilligent search. Suffice it to say DJI never intended to allow these mods for end users, and aggressively removed all such capability in later FW updates.

Thanks for the info ... Which firmware version do you use to give you a level horizon?

Which firmware version do you use to give you a level horizon?
Anything after '509’. That was the bribe to give up '509’! Current FW works great, too. Ironically, the NFZ's are more restrictive under '509' than on current FW, which allows you to turn off all the annoying unremovable popup warnings that existed under '509'.

Anything after '509’. That was the bribe to give up '509’! Current FW works great, too. Ironically, the NFZ's are more restrictive under '509' than on current FW, which allows you to turn off all the annoying unremovable popup warnings that existed under '509'.
So which current version do YOU prefer and use in your P4P+ or P4P ???

So which current version do YOU prefer and use in your P4P+ or P4P ???
I'm currently on that 01.04.0602 which has a beautifully level horizon, even though the 30mph gimbal flips on sideways right flight were still never fixed because the P4P gimbal isn't as robust as the P4 or the P3P gimbal. DJI likely just reused the P4 gimbal which can't handle the heavier P4P camera. :rolleyes: Still the best DJI drone yet! :cool:

Last edited:
GadgetGuy - In your experience, can you successfully and reliably use Ver. 1.2.0.0 firmware loaded in the +RC with Ver. 01.03.0509 firmware loaded in the P4P AC?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor