New Firmware released V01.02.0304

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 12.24.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 12.35.26 PM.png
And I bring you, the first (?) histogram from a correctly captured dlog video (h265) on a p4p.

View attachment 73111

Edit: A closer inspection indicates that we now have usable data from IRE 12-100 which is not perfect but a big improvement from before.

I just updated and gave it a fly to check the D-log. I too have found it lacked latitude but looking at this file I think it has improved. Given the greenery, I think this is as good a ire spread I will get. trace is 'just' hitting around 14-98.
Still get 1-2m altitude drops without input and suspect a very sensitive barometer
The incesant beeping at below 10m 'seems' to have lessened.

Last edited:
On the prior firmware revision there were three user-configurable EXP settings: 'Gentle', 'Normal', and 'Sport' After the update only 'Normal' seems to remain?

It's updating all of my batteries too (all new 5870mAH ones). It did this for the 01.01.0203 December release as well. I have noticed that Assistant will identify mismatchs more frequently than Go4, which is why I always do my updates in Assistant, despite it being (marginally) more involved to set up.

On the prior firmware revision there were three user-configurable EXP settings: 'Gentle', 'Normal', and 'Sport' After the update only 'Normal' seems to remain?

I still have all 3 just like before.

Oh ok, I would think that your app is continually updating to new version of your app all the time. Is that not right? Can you turn wifi on and off on it? Is it off maybe?

I had wifi on and I assumed the same that it would be automatic but even when I tried to manually look for one it said it was current

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

More testing and .. no strong wind warning
More testing at sea and the strong wind warning is still there - (possibly less than before?)
Also a new message about Attitude too big - exit forward/backward object avoidance.
But the gimbal was rock solid zipping around in 15 kt winds.

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
Power-cycling the unit makes no difference but I figured it out. The behavior has changed, now to select EXP settings you use the P-S-A mode switch on the controller, meaning when the switch is in P position the 'Normal' EXP setting screen is displayed, and when you switch to 'S' mode the 'Sport' EXP setting screen appears (there doesn't seem to be a 'Gentle' setting anymore.)

Those of you who said that the EXP setting works exactly as before the upgrade... are you sure? I can't imagine why we would be seing such different behavior(?) I am using the Android version of DJI GO 4, all controller and aircraft firmware versions current.

Last edited:
More testing at sea and the strong wind warning is still there - (possibly less than before?)
Also a new message about Attitude too big - exit forward/backward object avoidance.
But the gimbal was rock solid zipping around in 15 kt winds.
I flew today and it was real windy but I was in Litchi so I can't confirm wind warning..however I have seen the Attitude too big warning long before this Firmware update. It's happened once or twice with no effects on the bird and I simply ignored it.

Can someone just clarify the battery firmware update procedure?

Can the batteries be updated using the charging hub and a USB cable hooked into the computer running DJI assistant?

.SRT sidecar files are still not being recorded with Video Caption set to ON.

Hi guys. For some reason the new firmware is not showing up on either DJI assistant, or latest DJI GO4 app? It shows as the current version is V01.02.0602 as being "current".

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

smiller said:

Power-cycling the unit makes no difference but I figured it out. The behavior has changed, now to select EXP settings you use the P-S-A mode switch on the controller, meaning when the switch is in P position the 'Normal' EXP setting screen is displayed, and when you switch to 'S' mode the 'Sport' EXP setting screen appears (there doesn't seem to be a 'Gentle' setting anymore.)

Those of you who said that the EXP setting works exactly as before the upgrade... are you sure? I can't imagine why we would be seing such different behavior(?) I am using the Android version of DJI GO 4, all controller and aircraft firmware versions current.

Aw c'mon, has no one else noticed this change in behavior? Am I crazy? :)

Hi guys. For some reason the new firmware is not showing up on either DJI assistant, or latest DJI GO4 app? It shows as the current version is V01.02.0602 as being "current".

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

OMG v1.2.602???? Sure?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT