New firmware for Phantom 4 Pro (16/12/09)!

First time anything DJI here. The more I read the more confused I become. P4P+ and I would like to update the firmware before its / my first flight. There are many conflicting approaches from the use of DJI Go App, DJI assistand 2, and from DJI site to download to SD card. Given the choices, what is the cleanest pathway and sequence to update controller and craft. Thank you for your patience.

From release notes:
Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware V 1.3.0.0

Mine after update shows 1.03.0.0 with no message that RC update is needed.

Typo in release notes? Or is anyone seeing 1.3.0.0?

iOS regular P4Pro I got a popup saying RC needed updating, and I did it.. I specifically remember because I didn't think the controller had a blue LED (which flashes during updates)

Unless i had being flying around the whole time with an older RC firmware?
However I updated and I am getting some pretty poor range.. :\

After upgrading using Assistant 2, mine continues to call for an "upgrade required" in Go 4. Also, this was no fix for the speed display problem (displays in KPH instead of MPH, but mis-labels it as MPH). Tried to use the Go app to update first, but it hung at 99% updated for 35 minutes before I turned it off. Then used Assistant. DJI chat techs were the worst - no help at all. Also, now my range seems to be worse than before the upgrade.

For anyone with a P4P+, note that there is also a controller firmware update and if it is not installed DGI GO will nag you about an update but give no hint of what to do. You need to go to the P4P software update page and follow the instructions, which are basically to download the controller update to SD card and then insert the card in the controller and install from the Android OS update menu. Kind of confusing because you get to just figure that out for yourself.

For anyone with a P4P+, note that there is also a controller firmware update and if it is not installed DGI GO will nag you about an update but give no hint of what to do. You need to go to the P4P software update page and follow the instructions, which are basically to download the controller update to SD card and then insert the card in the controller and install from the Android OS update menu. Kind of confusing because you get to just figure that out for yourself.
Thats another DJI myth gone then. The P4P+ was supposed to make updates easier not harder.

Quite the bug hunt to solve the update!
The requirements for the P4P+ are that you update the drone though DJI Assist 2, direct connect to your computer via USB. Download the earliest version first, then the most current version and install. Disconnect drone from system / Assist 2. From DJI's dedicated download page for the P4P, DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads. Two versions available for either P4P or P4P+. Download the respective controller firmware to folder. Extract and copy firmware to SD card to insert to controller to upload. In settings of controller when prompt appears upload new firmware.
Current versions appear in Settings>About.
Annoying prompts disappear.

Very confusing, got a message to say firmware update needed, checked firmware on unit says v01.01.0201 which is not even on the dji download website . App is version 4, system version 1.1.0.7 model number GL300E. It tells me to got to the DJI GO 4 homepage.
The need to update warning seems to be tied sometimes to the radio channel quality, when it registers poor the need to update message comes on, if the quality is good the update message disapears. What the !!!! is happening?
Where exactly do I find the DJI GO 4 homepage?

Fixed the problem. When I installed the Assistant 2 v 1.08 windows defender blocked the installation of one module in this software. I reinstalled Assistant 2 and forced defender to accept installation of the module ( I think it was a usb protocol) after this the update proceeded as normal and I now have a fully updated Phantom 4 Pro +, notice the option to display the radar has been greyed out.

Just use the DJI Assistant 2 PC application and connect it to the P4P via USB (with the controller turned on an linked to the P4P via the normal radio channel.) When performing the update the P4P, controller, and battery (if update is available) will all be updated together.

Edit: Oops, I think I provided bad info above. My controller displayed 'Updating' during the firmware update but I now think that it was just advising me that the P4P was currently updating and not available, not that the controller itself was updating. If you want to update the controller go to: DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads and then scroll down to the firmware update area and follow the instructions. Basically you download the update and place it on an SD card that you then insert into the controller.

Another Edit: The controller update is for the P4P+ only, not the P4P.
Sir, I am facing the same problem, after update the firmware, overall status is showing latest firmware! And the version is showing in remote and aircraft is altogether different, aircraft is moving too much in air now up right left and right till 2-4 feet, already done all the calibration so many times, can you help me out

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor