Litchi...How much!!!

Funny.... this is the "Pro/Adv" forum - (the cream of the crop ?) and people are quibbling over $20 to make your P3A/P a better tool... cracks me up!
Its the principle not the money

The guy who likes the analogy about lamborghinis etc, if you were to buy one for £400000 or whatever you want 2 pay for one,you wouldnt then expect to pay another £10000 for the bloody brakes to work would you!! An app like this should be all in because when they keep bringing out better features for it etc you will have to keep paying £3.99 for the pleasure..... its not on in my opinion!!

Owning a Lamborghini will cost you a lot more than you think and personally I would rather pay the $550,000.00 for a car that everyone constantly compliments you on. It may cost $2000.00+ every time you just take it in for an oil change or even $8000.00 for a tune up but you get what you pay for and are able to drive a car that safely hits 215mph. What I'm saying is that there are plenty of aftermarket prices on these cars as well. How many people come up and talk to you about your Phantom? Lot's of people ask me about the Phantom whenever they see me flying it, just like lots of people compliment me on my car every day I drive it. When you buy a Prius how many people compliment you? I always just laugh :p It's two totally different worlds in the ways of thinking. I can go 215mph and it's electronically controlled for maximum acceleration where even though a Prius has the governor set at 112mph, 77mph has been the top speed before it starts lifting off the ground and shaking in it's shoes. The $15.00 and all the rest was something my wife bought me, she didn't even think twice. You spend over $1500.00 on a P3 with all of the accessories, so a few dollars for some great software is not an issue. And if it is an issue, maybe you should have bought the Prius of Drones like the Hammacher. You may be able to pick your nose with it but like with the Prius, people just laugh.
I'm just playing in this thread for fun, but it truly is 2 totally different ways of thinking. Just like you, I didn't bat an eye on the price of the Phantom :cool:
The World's Smallest Quadcopter - Hammacher Schlemmer

My initial problem isnt that it costs £14.99 i would say that was a little on the steep side but would probably pay it. Its once you buy the app you then have to spend £3.99 to get certain features...each!. Its popping up all the time in 3rd party apps, you think to yourself ok i will spend x amount on that app then when you open it you have to keep paying out for other parts that should all be there in the first place, its so frickin annoying and taking advantage of the consumer. The guy who likes the analogy about lamborghinis etc, if you were to buy one for £400000 or whatever you want 2 pay for one,you wouldnt then expect to pay another £10000 for the bloody brakes to work would you!! An app like this should be all in because when they keep bringing out better features for it etc you will have to keep paying £3.99 for the pleasure..... its not on in my opinion!!

Ok, so the grip is about "truth in advertising" then?

There really are a number of ways to look at this, right or wrong, that's how it is priced. Airline used to have one price, all inclusive, regardless if you use the service or product or not. Now many airline are changing their pricing scheme and you pay for that "extra" you want. Extra for picking your own seat. Extra for seat with longer leg room. Extra for the food. Extra for the internet. Extra for checked luggage. Etc. I suspect if the whole app with everything enabled it might have cost say $50. The price is what they feel they can achieve the maximum sells.

For people that does not need ALL the features, this way of pricing might be better off. How often you get a "all in one" pricing only to find you really only use a fraction and wish you could only pay for fraction of it?

Perhaps you can suggest to Lichi developer to have a "basic" pricing, "standard" pricing, and "all you can eat" pricing package bundle in addition to in-app purchase. And each pricing level will have different features enabled and people can choose to buy any additional one off features they might like/need.

Owning a Lamborghini will cost you a lot more than you think and personally I would rather pay the $550,000.00 for a car that everyone constantly compliments you on. It may cost $2000.00+ every time you just take it in for an oil change or even $8000.00 for a tune up but you get what you pay for and are able to drive a car that safely hits 215mph. What I'm saying is that there are plenty of aftermarket prices on these cars as well. How many people come up and talk to you about your Phantom? Lot's of people ask me about the Phantom whenever they see me flying it, just like lots of people compliment me on my car every day I drive it. When you buy a Prius how many people compliment you? I always just laugh :p It's two totally different worlds in the ways of thinking. I can go 215mph and it's electronically controlled for maximum acceleration where even though a Prius has the governor set at 112mph, 77mph has been the top speed before it starts lifting off the ground and shaking in it's shoes. The $15.00 and all the rest was something my wife bought me, she didn't even think twice. You spend over $1500.00 on a P3 with all of the accessories, so a few dollars for some great software is not an issue. And if it is an issue, maybe you should have bought the Prius of Drones like the Hammacher. You may be able to pick your nose with it but like with the Prius, people just laugh.
I'm just playing in this thread for fun, but it truly is 2 totally different ways of thinking. Just like you, I didn't bat an eye on the price of the Phantom :cool:
The World's Smallest Quadcopter - Hammacher Schlemmer
i wish i never brought up about the bloody lamborghini analogy now, you have just hurt my head its to early for all this,You obviously have a lot of time on your hands, clever people like yourself can go on and on about what things are worth and if you pay £1000 for a phantom whats another £20 etc etc I really understand all that, its the basic principle of paying for an app then not being able to use the features it claims to have without paying more on top with in app purchases i personally dont think its on!!

Personally I think it's all about the money.

If this app had been donation only like Wiki site or Firefox, would you have send money in? The principle that people should be fairly compensated for their effort and all. So let's just look at how many software or services that asked for donation you've send money to to predict your future action.

I am betting it's all about the money.

E
Personally I think it's all about the money.

If this app had been donation only like Wiki site or Firefox, would you have send money in? The principle that people should be fairly compensated for their effort and all. So let's just look at how many software or services that asked for donation you've send money to to predict your future action.

I am betting it's all about the money.
everything is about money i dont like the in app purchases everyone is entitled to there opinion

i wish i never brought up about the bloody lamborghini analogy now, you have just hurt my head its to early for all this,You obviously have a lot of time on your hands, clever people like yourself can go on and on about what things are worth and if you pay £1000 for a phantom whats another £20 etc etc I really understand all that, its the basic principle of paying for an app then not being able to use the features it claims to have without paying more on top with in app purchases i personally dont think its on!!
I hear ya :) It's 12:30am here and I'm just going to bed. The 8 hour time difference definitely helped me burnout tonight, sleepy time for me... lol

Litchi is not the only app on iTune and Google Play stores that have additional fees for add-on features. If you don't use those add-on features, don't buy them. No one is forcing you to pay the additional £3.99. That's why you have a choice - Want to use the add-on? You pay for it. Don't want the add-on? Don't pay for it. Before you buy Litchi, you should have read the app description, it does mention those add-on features as extra fee. If you didn't read the description of the app, and you bought it, and later found out some features are extra fees, then it is your own fault for not reading the description in the first place.

I have been very happy with Litchi (aside from DJI not allowing parts of the SDK to developers). I have been able to do shots that would be impossible by hand. Those shots have gotten me commercial work. Money well spent.

Litchi is not the only app on iTune and Google Play stores that have additional fees for add-on features. If you don't use those add-on features, don't buy them. No one is forcing you to pay the additional £3.99. That's why you have a choice - Want to use the add-on? You pay for it. Don't want the add-on? Don't pay for it. Before you buy Litchi, you should have read the app description, it does mention those add-on features as extra fee. If you didn't read the description of the app, and you bought it, and later found out some features are extra fees, then it is your own fault for not reading the description in the first place.
What are you banging on about i never once said i didnt read it, i know it states there are in app purchases but it doesnt state which features you dont get but that isnt even my point if you read my posts you would of understood that instead of making pointless comments!!

totally different thing altogether!
They're not actually. When you buy a games console it comes with basic functionality. And it might come with a game or two if you're lucky. You then choose to either spend or not spend upwards of 35 quid per game to add to your enjoyment. The choice is yours as to whether you think that's money well spent. Personally, I think 30 quid for an app which improves your Phantom in dozens of ways is good value, but each to his own!

They're not actually. When you buy a games console it comes with basic functionality. And it might come with a game or two if you're lucky. You then choose to either spend or not spend upwards of 35 quid per game to add to your enjoyment. The choice is yours as to whether you think that's money well spent. Personally, I think 30 quid for an app which improves your Phantom in dozens of ways is good value, but each to his own!
yeah if you think its value for money thats cool but i still dont agree with you all this comparing cars and games consoles etc to a app is a different kettle of fish.

Fair enough, I still think you'll reluctantly give in in the end though! Then you'll never go back .......

Reactions: 24pfilms
Everyone thinks the GO app is "free".
I'm not going to buy Litchi if it costs over $3

I have authentic App from DJI.

Go app isnt really free. Its absorbed into the cost of the P3. You know the GO app probably cost more than Litchi at the development stages. And It offers less.

In comparison to other apps, Litchi is an expensive, but worth it. There's nothing worse then paying $1 for an app that is hopeless.
The developer is highly responsive and reactive.
Litchi has saved me thousands dollars and thousands of headaches. Why? I don't need an inspire with a second remote and camera operator to focus/follow on an object. There's nothing worse then miscommunication between pilot and camera person.

Call me Fanboi, but i think Litchi simply shits on the GO for functionality (And yes I know DJI has to dummy down GO to suit ALL different skilled pilots).
Follow Me on Go is restrictive to heading mode. If you have ever used it, it feels limited and unpolished and doesnt follow properly. Litchi has solved this with Heading and course mode.
Waypoint has so many advantages (i dont use it though). You dont need to pre fly the course, smoothed out turns, plot further distances than the GO app.
POI is simple - just pin drop and go.

The added features are
Focus - pin drop and the camera simply follows the object. All you need to do is fly the phantom.
Panoramic - does VR 360x270 degrees (requires a stitching program).
Litchi Leash - follow a second device.

And the main reason why i bought it - it supports both my PV2+ and P3A.

What are you banging on about i never once said i didnt read it, i know it states there are in app purchases but it doesnt state which features you dont get but that isnt even my point if you read my posts you would of understood that instead of making pointless comments!!

Quoted from Litchi on Google Play store:

"• Focus mode: easily keep focus on a subject while flying your aircraft (in-app purchase for P3/I1 users)"

Isn't that clear enough for you to understand?

Edit: Now going back to your very first original post, you indicated Litchi's price is too high and £15 should be the limits for all apps, have you seen there are even more expensive apps out there? Why don't you also ask for all software to be limited to £15? Would like to see Adobe Premiere Pro and Fine Cut Pro for £15 too :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Quoted from Litchi on Google Play store:

"• Focus mode: easily keep focus on a subject while flying your aircraft (in-app purchase for P3/I1 users)"

Isn't that clear enough for you to understand?
Ok i stand corrected on that point, so thats the only in app purchase then?

im not getting into silly games with you im asking a question if your to childish to answer maybe a grown up will!!

Your principles are flawed. You're complaining about having to pay for something upon which you have a choice of whether to buy. Makes no sense. Don't like it, don't buy it; your loss.

Reactions: Noodle
I'd pay $50 for Litchi if they were the app to once again remove DJIS height restrictions like they used to be able to.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl