Litchi...How much!!!

looked into buying the Litchi app, live in the uk cant believe how much it costs. £14.99 for the app then £3.99 for in app products, bloody ridiculous. I know these guys put a lot of time into the development etc into these 3rd party apps but surely they are costing them to high. I take it by the time you buy the in app products which is why most of us want these apps it will cost over £30 which is just pain naughty in my opinion. I would be interested to see what you guys think, Im not a tight arse at all, but i think there is a limit. £15 all in fair enough!!
After serious consideration, I've concluded you are indeed "a tight arse". Lite'n up and have some fun. Leave a little less for your kids. You get what you pay for - Litchi is an outstanding piece of work!

After serious consideration, I've concluded you are indeed "a tight arse". Lite'n up and have some fun. Leave a little less for your kids. You get what you pay for - Litchi is an outstanding piece of work!
I totally agree! I bought Litchi when it was on sale for half price and I have to tell you that I am blown away with what that app can do. Had a question and it was answered within the hour. Great service and great product.

Reactions: JBG
I totally agree! I bought Litchi when it was on sale for half price and I have to tell you that I am blown away with what that app can do. Had a question and it was answered within the hour. Great service and great product.
So you agree I'm a tight arse when you waited to buy it for half price ha ha pot calling the kettle black I think!!

So you agree I'm a tight arse when you waited to buy it for half price ha ha pot calling the kettle black I think!!
I'm not going to argue that point as I know I am! Just sent a question to Litchi this morning and had a reply in 14 minutes!!! on a Saturday!! I am truly impressed with this company and the app. I would honestly say it's worth about $25 to purchase. It is that good.
Cheers

looked into buying the Litchi app, live in the uk cant believe how much it costs. £14.99 for the app then £3.99 for in app products, bloody ridiculous. I know these guys put a lot of time into the development etc into these 3rd party apps but surely they are costing them to high. I take it by the time you buy the in app products which is why most of us want these apps it will cost over £30 which is just pain naughty in my opinion. I would be interested to see what you guys think, Im not a tight arse at all, but i think there is a limit. £15 all in fair enough!!
two cents of free advice dont risk your bird on that crap all you hear is angry people who have had fly aways and crashes the dji go app is free and is the best out there

two cents of free advice dont risk your bird on that crap all you hear is angry people who have had fly aways and crashes the dji go app is free and is the best out there
Those angry people had "flyaways" with dji go not litchi and those flyaways were 99% user error.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

A FNG here, but I find it amusing that some of you balk regarding an under $ 20.00 purchase after you've dropped $1,000 to $1,500 or more on a Phantom P or A. Sorry, I suppose as a newbie I should stay out of these discussions...But I've just had a triple- nightcap, so forgive me! ;) ( I have the Phantom 3 A )

Price of a product is not decided just by its worth. Apart from many other factors, the most important is what price earns maximum returns to the seller. For example price of $1 might attract 1 million buyers whereas $25 might get only 30,000 buyers (doubtful). $1.99 price might keep 1 million buyers. So what's the right price? Marketing expert needs to get the right price. Lower price will kill competitors. One should not forget that it has to compete with DJI Go App which is abs free.

The basic assumption is that the product is really a good one.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobmyers
A FNG here, but I find it amusing that some of you balk regarding an under $ 20.00 purchase after you've dropped $1,000 to $1,500 or more on a Phantom P or A. Sorry, I suppose as a newbie I should stay out of these discussions...But I've just had a triple- nightcap, so forgive me! ;) ( I have the Phantom 3 A )
Well your first post is a bit different than most-- most come here with questions or problems. But if you just had a triple, any problems are really inconsequential-- Welcome to the forum. :):)

This is the beauty of DJI supporting an SDK. Everyone is free to write their own app and free to charge what ever they want. If you don't like the price or the app, don't buy it. But don't complain that it's too expensive. Just vote by not buying and if everyone else agrees with you, the price will drop. Otherwise just keep using your free DJI app.
I agree with you 'nhoover'. In the case of Litchi for my use it has all the options I would want without distance limitations, the ability to plan missions on your PC and transfer the mission file, and all the rest of the features make it well worth the $. Plus, the app support on the Google forum is amazing. The developer usually answers question within hours of posting them which is amazing. It's like he's sitting there waiting for questions. And they listen to suggestions for making it even better and upgrade as necessary.

My goodness folks, you're flying a $2,000.00 (with attachments & accessories) complicated device and in most cases just a man-toy and you're worried about a $15.00-$20.00 program? What programs do you buy for your PC? MS Office maybe, how much was that? Just because most simple apps cost $1.00 or $2.00 doesn't mean they all should be. Check how much the aviation apps for Apple devices cost. Some of them are real expensive, more than you paid for your phone or tablet.

IMO Litchi is the best app out there for flying the P3s or Inspire and in fact the only app I use now to fly, even manually. I only use the Go app to change some settings, set up the camera, and firmware updates. All non-flying uses. Then there is the dependability issue. In my experiences starting with a Samsung Note 4, now the new Nvidia Shield tablet ($199.00) I never have glitches or crashes of the app. Can't say the same for the Go app which seems to use a lot more resources which stresses the device. Along with the A+ support it's well worth the comparatively small amount to purchase. About 1% of the cost of a P3P.

Reactions: nhoover
I agree with you 'nhoover'. In the case of Litchi for my use it has all the options I would want without distance limitations, the ability to plan missions on your PC and transfer the mission file, and all the rest of the features make it well worth the $. Plus, the app support on the Google forum is amazing. The developer usually answers question within hours of posting them which is amazing. It's like he's sitting there waiting for questions. And they listen to suggestions for making it even better and upgrade as necessary.

My goodness folks, you're flying a $2,000.00 (with attachments & accessories) complicated device and in most cases just a man-toy and you're worried about a $15.00-$20.00 program? What programs do you buy for your PC? MS Office maybe, how much was that? Just because most simple apps cost $1.00 or $2.00 doesn't mean they all should be. Check how much the aviation apps for Apple devices cost. Some of them are real expensive, more than you paid for your phone or tablet.

IMO Litchi is the best app out there for flying the P3s or Inspire and in fact the only app I use now to fly, even manually. I only use the Go app to change some settings, set up the camera, and firmware updates. All non-flying uses. Then there is the dependability issue. In my experiences starting with a Samsung Note 4, now the new Nvidia Shield tablet ($199.00) I never have glitches or crashes of the app. Can't say the same for the Go app which seems to use a lot more resources which stresses the device. Along with the A+ support it's well worth the comparatively small amount to purchase. About 1% of the cost of a P3P.
Very nice for all the android users, but all the apple geeks are still waiting.o_Oo_O

Reactions: GadgetGuy

I still get a laugh when people post that the price of an app should be higher just because their Phantom cost so much. My house was $250,000.... I guess I should feel good about buying a light switch for $10,000. :(

Truth is... we justify the price of something by what we are getting for that amount... not the cost of the thing it's for.

Not bad pay over a $1000 for the quad but don't want to pay 14-15 for an app. Sound reasoning to me to. Sounds like my fist new car after I go married a 1967 Chevrolet for $1,995 dollars and last year I had to pay $ 31,400 for a new Ford go figure that same as gas in That Chevelle is was 19.9 cents a gal. Now hits 1.85 far cry from 14.00 for a really good app. Stick with the stock app....when's the last time you went out to eat? Most places now 2.75 for tea or coffee, stick with water. A hamburger now over 5.00

I still get a laugh when people post that the price of an app should be higher just because their Phantom cost so much

I don't think anybody is saying that it SHOULD be higher just because of the Phantom cost... many of us are simply saying that it seems foolish to quibble over the ~$20 pricetag for an application that does so much more than the seemingly "free" DJI GO application when you've invested > $1,000 into the AC. Sure, if you ONLY did with Litchi the same things you could do with the DJI GO App, then it would seem a poor value by comparison...

To me, it's easily worth the ~$20 for the fact that I can preplain a waypoint mission and upload it to the AC with Litchi instead of the DJI GO requirement to fly and record the waypoints first. I can take one preplanned mission in Litch and manipulate different settings and store them in different files for different purposes and intents... all without having to burn AC battery time until I'm ready to actually fly the mission...

The additional incredible value that I and others have stated repeatedly is also how VCTech is engaged with the community and quickly reacts to issues, responds to questions, offers suggestions for improving use of their product and rapidly enhances the product with our inputs (I've literally seen less than 1 day turn around from idea to beta release)...

Does DJI do that for anybody?... and we're giving them so much more $$... so, yeah, Litchi is an incredible value regardless of what $$ you've spent on your AC because it helps you wring most every last drop of capability and excitement and joy out of this phenominal AC technology to transform it from what many think of as just a "toy" into a dream machine and embodiment of what we may have only dreamed about as kids...

That's worth the price of admission alone... and way better than any movie theatre experience for the same price tag... I love it and am not ashamed to say it!

Reactions: JerEl and nhoover
I have not yet received my Phantom 3 pro but am still doing the due diligence thing and so am curious about the Litchi app or any other app that might be useful.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl