Litchi...How much!!!

I don't think anybody is saying that it SHOULD be higher just because of the Phantom cost... many of us are simply saying that it seems foolish to quibble over the ~$20 pricetag for an application that does so much more than the seemingly "free" DJI GO application when you've invested > $1,000 into the AC. Sure, if you ONLY did with Litchi the same things you could do with the DJI GO App, then it would seem a poor value by comparison...
Understood.

To me, it's easily worth the ~$20 for the fact that I can preplain a waypoint mission and upload it to the AC with Litchi instead of the DJI GO requirement to fly and record the waypoints first. I can take one preplanned mission in Litch and manipulate different settings and store them in different files for different purposes and intents... all without having to burn AC battery time until I'm ready to actually fly the mission...

I agree as well that it's worth $15. I think it might have only been in a PM but I think it's worth $15 and I think $15 is a lot to pay for an app. These two views don't contradict each other. There is really not a lot of video reviews of Litchi so it's hard to fully appreciate the Litchi app. But let me also say that their website is _VERY_ good and listing out what the modes do. But, at least for me, I get a better understanding what an app does by watching a video demo. This is one reason why I like putting those up for view. I'm getting around to doing some Litchi videos but they will need to wait for a couple of weeks (different thread... arrrg).

I also mentioned something else in a PM.... I bought several apps for my Vision to try them out and then I had to start looking at Phantom 3 apps. Buying 3 or 4 of them starts to add up quickly. I think people understand this and want to also make sure they are buying an app that will really add to their enjoyment. They don't want to buy several apps at $15 each just to find the one that works for them. Granted, most of us that own Litchi know it fits this category but there is still that question for some people.

Me... I like to test out apps and it's almost worth spending the money just because I enjoy the testing. I also justify paying for them to offer some support to the developers. But I also understand when people say that $15 for a Phantom app is a lot of money.

:)

Maybe people are just taking a guess at your handle "ELHEAPO". Suspeciously missing a "C" after the "EL".

Very good yawn a lot I take it most people get bored at listening 2 u hense ur handle name!!;)

Maybe people are just taking a guess at your handle "ELHEAPO". Suspeciously missing a "C" after the "EL".

Although thinking about it I quite like"ElCheapo" cheers bud potential new handle name 4 the Future

Reactions: Reed L
You think that's expensive you should come 2 the UK you Americans would have a bloody heart attack you would never eat out and you certainly wouldn't be driving ur gas guzzling v8s 2 McDonald's or dunkin doughnuts although we don't have dunkin doughnuts which is just a disgrace in itself!!

Reactions: Wacker2611
No emotions please!

Yea, $20.00 that's fine but lets talk about mapping software for a few. For years I used ArcGIS in my gold mining adventures to locate and map out mining claims for people, Now ArcGIS is available for both android and iOS in their stores. For a standard license the software is going to cost $7000.00 and this is normal. GIS is what the BLM uses in their LR2000 program also. It is the best mapping software that I have ever used and it would be great if you could use it for mapping on the P3's. So when I look at software or Litchi, $20 is fair to me.

Has anyone tried using ArcGIS maps with the P3? Buy ArcGIS for Desktop

On another note for maps and info, here is a great website that covers all of the bases - Mining Claims Maps

Yea, $20.00 that's fine but lets talk about mapping software for a few. For years I used ArcGIS in my gold mining adventures to locate and map out mining claims for people, Now ArcGIS is available for both android and iOS in their stores. For a standard license the software is going to cost $7000.00 and this is normal. GIS is what the BLM uses in their LR2000 program also. It is the best mapping software that I have ever used and it would be great if you could use it for mapping on the P3's. So when I look at software or Litchi, $20 is fair to me.

Has anyone tried using ArcGIS maps with the P3? Buy ArcGIS for Desktop

On another note for maps and info, here is a great website that covers all of the bases - Mining Claims Maps
Will you buy if available at $1.99?

I'm sure every one will say YES but as you go on increasing the price, numbers would drop. There won't be even one tenth if the price is raised to $25 and will be almost zero at $100.

Elcheapo should just write the software of equal quality and provide the support and do it all free. This way everyone is happy.

Will you buy if available at $1.99?

I'm sure every one will say YES but as you go on increasing the price, numbers would drop. There won't be even one tenth if the price is raised to $25 and will be almost zero at $100.

Yes but I do have it and it is really nice.

With all of the economist on this thread... I am surprised no one is talking about the "elasticity of price"... Maybe Litchi is a step ahead of you!!! Da!

Reactions: bbfpv
Elcheapo should just write the software of equal quality and provide the support and do it all free. This way everyone is happy.
I dont think you will ever be happy mate!!

Well your first post is a bit different than most-- most come here with questions or problems. But if you just had a triple, any problems are really inconsequential-- Welcome to the forum. :):)
Thanks for the welcome bobmyers. The main reason I haven't been asking questions is because I search the boards for answers to questions already ask. I've learned quite a bit reading over everyone's posts and I want to thank all of you for the information!
(And the liquor only makes problems *seem* inconsequential)

Great software well worth the Money, Kaehn also responds VERY promptly to questions and enhancements, Service after the sale has value as well!

am i doing something wrong cause on my ipad the lithci magic leash app is free?

am i doing something wrong cause on my ipad the lithci magic leash app is free?
That's the leash. You pair that up with the Litchi app so you can track a secondary device for focus and follow me modes.

Magic Leash is intended to be installed on a device other than the one attached to your remote control running Litchi, so that you can pair it to the main devicewith a pin code.

Just
I don't have a problem with paying $15 for an app. People are way too used to free or $1 apps that they are shocked to pay $15. For a $1,000+ drone I am sure you can afford a $15 piece of software.
just bought the app with the focus total 23usd and is amazing, the mission planing is fun and totally worth it

Reactions: ParsnipHysorter

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4