Itelite issues

Wow. I should try that. Thanks!

Gosky makes a 20-60x80 that connects to a mobile device. I do not have one of my own. A friend of mine in the north woods of Wisconsin has one and he claims to spot 7mm mag holes in targets at 650 yds on his iPad. His range is not as long as mine but he swears he could see them, his guess, at 900. They do come in pretty handy. And relatively cheap. Sure saves a lot of four wheeler rides to the targets!!!

Reactions: LarBear360
glad its working out for you now. I keep Line of sight out to 2300feet naked eye, I am an avid shooter so I have a spotting scope, will definitely try it out next outing.

glad its working out for you now. I keep Line of sight out to 2300feet naked eye, I am an avid shooter so I have a spotting scope, will definitely try it out next outing.

Yeah it work pretty good especially when you have a spotter. Those come in handy too!

Reactions: epicdoom
Yeah it work pretty good especially when you have a spotter. Those come in handy too!
I was a Scout Sniper and I agree with this statement 100% lol

Reactions: Newbieguy
Marine Corp. 3rd Bat 5th mar. 1st Marine div.

Reactions: Newbieguy
Wow I’m sure you’ve seen plenty out there. Thank you for your service sir.

Back on after a while. Haven’t been around in a month or so. Hope all are doing well.
Flew for the first time today and experienced some strange issue. Got on djigo and had some strange things pop up. Had to sign in and it did not accept my password had to reset. Flying over 1400 acres with no structures to speak of. Got out 500 ‘ west with interrupted video feed. Came back home manually. Shut everything down and restarted. Took off east still had an occasional blip on my video but persevered out to 3k and lost signal. Mobile device said RTH, in a couple of seconds I lost EVERYTHING on my screen. After 20 seconds or so I got the dji on the top left. Could hear the AC but couldn’t see it. Finally everything came up and I landed fine. I have been fighting this distance issue for a while and now this. Any ideas?

Reactions: Seaman
WB

I've had some distance issues too after a good 18 months of great flying. I replaced everything one at a time except the antenna. It's a little better but not quite what it was. The only thing left is to replace the DBS so I will do that next. I don't know what else it could be unless it's the receiver. Anyway - I've got other drones to fly so I'm not losing sleep, but it is frustrating.

WB

I've had some distance issues too after a good 18 months of great flying. I replaced everything one at a time except the antenna. It's a little better but not quite what it was. The only thing left is to replace the DBS so I will do that next. I don't know what else it could be unless it's the receiver. Anyway - I've got other drones to fly so I'm not losing sleep, but it is frustrating.

My main concern was losing the entire screen on my mobile device. Did know which direction it was going and couldn’t see any terrain which would have made it easier to find of course. I’ll be going out again tomorrow. Was also confused about the start up screen. First time I have seen that. It wasn’t a quiz. More like an advertisement or something. Don’t know.

My issues are with the control signal. FPV is about where it has always been.

There is a DJI quiz that's out and about - coming up on the Go app. You have I think four opportunities to take the quiz before it won't let you fly. So you might check it at your kitchen table and take the quiz just to get it out of your way.

Good luck.

My issues are with the control signal. FPV is about where it has always been.

There is a DJI quiz that's out and about - coming up on the Go app. You have I think four opportunities to take the quiz before it won't let you fly. So you might check it at your kitchen table and take the quiz just to get it out of your way.

Good luck.

I have heard about the quiz but I don’t think that’s what it was. Good advice on getting it out of the way.

I still haven't seen a quiz but I also wont let my app or drones update. I'm guessing it came out with new go app updates?

I still haven't seen a quiz but I also wont let my app or drones update. I'm guessing it came out with new go app updates?

I haven’t seen it,of course, as I said but I did see a post on it. Seems like it’s pretty common sense stuff.

I haven’t seen it,of course, as I said but I did see a post on it. Seems like it’s pretty common sense stuff.

I’ve had my first drone for only a few months but have picked up quickly that most of the updates actually create issues...?

I’ve had my first drone for only a few months but have picked up quickly that most of the updates actually create issues...?
You would think that from reading the various threads and there seems to be a bit of truth to some of it. But considering the number of units sold, it sounds more like quality control on the part of DJI vs. the actual updates. The P4 seems to be getting more frequent updates as the the P3 is pretty much done in terms of technology. And I suspect the differences between the various phones, tablets, and operating systems make it hard for DJI to perfect the technology for everyone.

There are many people here that feel "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and I don't disagree. But f you are still under warranty, consider the risk of being denied service under that warranty if you're not up to date on everything.

You would think that from reading the various threads and there seems to be a bit of truth to some of it. But considering the number of units sold, it sounds more like quality control on the part of DJI vs. the actual updates. The P4 seems to be getting more frequent updates as the the P3 is pretty much done in terms of technology. And I suspect the differences between the various phones, tablets, and operating systems make it hard for DJI to perfect the technology for everyone.

There are many people here that feel "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and I don't disagree. But f you are still under warranty, consider the risk of being denied service under that warranty if you're not up to date on everything.
Updates arent mandatory, and moderators do say they are optional, so not upgrading firmware should not be an impediment to warranty. Shouldn't!

I haven’t updated the firmware or the GoApp updates on my two P3S’s in over two years. Both birds fly great with no issues on signal or range and distance. My stock bird does well, and my DBS enabled Standard does much better on distance flights. Plus, none of that geofencing nonsense on either Phantom.

I’m not planning on doing any updates unless the birds won’t fly, or hell freezes over.....whichever comes first.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Updates arent mandatory, and moderators do say they are optional, so not upgrading firmware should not be an impediment to warranty. Shouldn't!
Note "shouldn't" but with all due respect to the moderators, I do not believe they can speak on behalf of DJI. Personally, I would never risk it. Per the DJI After-Sales Service Policies, DJI will not cover damage caused by flights which did not follow instruction manual recommendations. Page 52 of the manual discusses updates. It doesn't say "optional" or "we suggest" you update. It says do it.

My P3 has gone through only one update and it hasn't impacted anything.

I see a lot of issues with updating that could lead to a crash that DJI may or may not honor, we are at they're mercy. I bought my P3S new, my P34K and P3 Pro used the Pro only has 6 total flights when I bought it. its flying great and I'm not touching it as long as it is. I learned my lesson with the P34K that updates lead to issues. I did update My P3S after much research to make sure no issues were found and so far that one has done well. I even disabled the go app updates and I don't turn on WIFI on my display devices when I'm at home just to be sure nothing gets updated. The Issue I had with the P34K was that I bought a new Tablet to run the drone on I paid a lot of money for the Tablet so I had great no lag flights. once I installed the update for that unit the tablet became so lagged I couldn't fly at all. I wasn't about to buy another tablet to fly that bird so I swapped back to the old firmware that I knew worked well I have a ton of flights on the P34K and its now become my spare to the Pro.

Reactions: LarBear360

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d