Above the cloud

Reaction score

There was some local fog in this part of western NY in April. I did not know how high the cloud was so I hoped sending my Phantom 3 up 250 feet was enough. It ran a Litchi waypoint path so it would go about a mile south and then turn and come back. Luckily I got the height just right and the bird was just above the edge of the cloud. At one point the props become obvious because I mistakenly put a speed increase at one of the Litchi waypoints. So it went from 15 to 28 mph rather suddenly. Another piece of serendipity is that the bird turned just before it looks like it will go into the cloud (around 1 minute in). I wonder what would have happened had it gone into the cloud.

Marko

Here's another link to the same file if the first doesn't connect. (This may be a slower connection.)
Above the Cloud

There was some local fog in this part of western NY in April. I did not know how high the cloud was so I hoped sending my Phantom 3 up 250 feet was enough. It ran a Litchi waypoint path so it would go about a mile south and then turn and come back. Luckily I got the height just right and the bird was just above the edge of the cloud. At one point the props become obvious because I mistakenly put a speed increase at one of the Litchi waypoints. So it went from 15 to 28 mph rather suddenly. Another piece of serendipity is that the bird turned just before it looks like it will go into the cloud (around 1 minute in). I wonder what would have happened had it gone into the cloud.

Marko

Here's another link to the same file if the first doesn't connect. (This may be a slower connection.)
Above the Cloud
Very cool clip,,to the clouds,,go the p3 ;)
Thanks for sharing

Marko

Above the Cloud

Wow this video played fine , the footage of peaking into the clouds was good, what I really love about it is that if give me a much better idea as to how to film different angles of the clouds and really take advantage of the scene if we get the chance.

This is one aspect of having complete control over your flight as to having it pre set for you on litchi where it just got you high enough to breathe. Nice Job.

Were hoping to get above a storm cloud this year , so this is inspring. Thank you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in and out of the storm.

Last edited:
Well I really lucked out with the height at 250 feet. I think another 40 feet higher might have been spectacular, but I was thrilled to see just above the cloud top.

This was local fog. So the cloud was low. If you plan to do stormclouds, you'll have to go very high! Are you planning to use a Phantom 3 or 4?

mark

Well I really lucked out with the height at 250 feet. I think another 40 feet higher might have been spectacular, but I was thrilled to see just above the cloud top.

This was local fog. So the cloud was low. If you plan to do stormclouds, you'll have to go very high! Are you planning to use a Phantom 3 or 4?

mark

Were planning on using both the Phantom 4 Pro and the Mavic 2 Zoom in a tandem flight with the Mavic 2 zoom filming the Phantom 4 Pro geared up with the Wet Suits . Im going to use LItchi for the Phantom 4 Pro and Fly manually the Mavic 2 Zoom as a follow and record.

We feel pretty comfortable with how close we can fly the drones together as i just posted a link about the exercise

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1