Itelite issues

Put my 1.2 DBS from my P34K onto the P3S today and put it in the air, sent it out over an area I've flown in the past I wasn't able to get any further then 1937 feet. returned reinstalled the Argtek flew out to 4270. My thought on this is that the DBS for my P34K is not completely compatible with the P3S it does however work on it just not getting good range. I don't want to leave it there though so I'll retest this weekend at a better spot that I've flow out to 7K at with the P3S Its a wide open spot with nothing around.

The Itelite is a better antenna than the Argtek There is no question about it. It may have a narrower beam width which makes aiming more difficult but more important. You must have either had a connection problem, a bad cable, a bad antenna, or an aiming problem. For a serious range test, the controller should be on a tripod or in some other fixed position and aimed just slightly above the horizon. The AC should be flown horizontally into the strength of the signal elevating 50' at a time as needed.

If you look at the world class distance threads, you will see many of the top guys have used Itelite. Nobody uses Argtek.

Reactions: dirkclod
The Itelite is a better antenna than the Argtek There is no question about it. It may have a narrower beam width which makes aiming more difficult but more important. You must have either had a connection problem, a bad cable, a bad antenna, or an aiming problem. For a serious range test, the controller should be on a tripod or in some other fixed position and aimed just slightly above the horizon. The AC should be flown horizontally into the strength of the signal elevating 50' at a time as needed.

If you look at the world class distance threads, you will see many of the top guys have used Itelite. Nobody uses Argtek.

Thanks everyone. Been away from civilization for a couple of days. Ordered the dbs 1.4. Looking forward to testing it out. Does anyone know of a sharing app that actually works? I would like to have that for multiple viewers. The only one I found had poor reviews.
Thanks for all the info. Enjoying the chat.

Mine kicks ***, hit 16k a few weeks back. Running sunhans amps with my 1.4 panel.

cebfe389b7e3de8feb28f309af4c32a2.jpg

New to all this but here goes. Bought my first drone, a p3s. Have had about 10 to 15 hours of successful flight and installed a dbs01.2. With the OEM antenna I was getting around 1800’ at 250’h. Installed the first itelite extender and can’t get more than around 650’ same place (no utility lines, no houses within a mile). Sent it back thinking it was a defect, ordered a new one, same thing. Reinstalled OEM and getting back out to 1800-2000’. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I use a DBS on my PS3. OEM was 5800 feet. I have hit 17000 feet. You have to be lucky. Have a drone that can get out a mile OEM. And install a DBS Itelite oem. Gotta have flat and no wifi conflicts i.e. farm fields . Watch wind and battery. 17000 feet flight was staight out no wind. When you hit 50% battery, drone, warning that you better come on back. You can bypass warning. Assumes 30% battery at home point.

Reactions: Fly Mark Fly
I use a DBS on my PS3. OEM was 5800 feet. I have hit 17000 feet. You have to be lucky. Have a drone that can get out a mile OEM. And install a DBS Itelite oem. Gotta have flat and no wifi conflicts i.e. farm fields . Watch wind and battery. 17000 feet flight was staight out no wind. When you hit 50% battery, drone, warning that you better come on back. You can bypass warning. Assumes 30% battery at home point.

Thought about the amps but have conflicting opinions. Some say they kick *** and some say “maybe a little difference” I’ll see what the 1.4 does. As for my flying conditions I’m not around any power lines or conflicting WiFi. I’m running everything thru a iPhone 6 Plus and have it on airplane mode. Most of my flying is done in very large hay meadows with some scattered pecan grove in the creek bottoms. My home property is a shade over 400 acres and one of my “jobs” lol when flying is to find cattle and spot wild hogs so I want to be able to view the entire place.

ok better test over the weekend flew over the water shows me the 1.2 DBS isn't suitable for the P3S I could only make it out to 2700 feet before I disconnected I don't know what the difference is between the 1.2 and the 1.4 internally but its obviously different or something. I reinstall the argtek back onto the P3S and get out to 5K no problem the 1.2 DBS on my P34K I get out to 7500feet easily and could go much further, but I was getting back over land with a bunch of power line towers. I think the 1.4 is best suited for the P3S hope this helps

ok better test over the weekend flew over the water shows me the 1.2 DBS isn't suitable for the P3S I could only make it out to 2700 feet before I disconnected I don't know what the difference is between the 1.2 and the 1.4 internally but its obviously different or something. I reinstall the argtek back onto the P3S and get out to 5K no problem the 1.2 DBS on my P34K I get out to 7500feet easily and could go much further, but I was getting back over land with a bunch of power line towers. I think the 1.4 is best suited for the P3S hope this helps

Finally got the 1.4!!! Installed tonight but too late to fly. 5 a. m comes too **** early! The unit looks totally different than any I have seen. Test flight tomorrow afternoon. Do me a favor and cross your fingers...

Reactions: epicdoom
Finally got the 1.4!!! Installed tonight but too late to fly. 5 a. m comes too **** early! The unit looks totally different than any I have seen. Test flight tomorrow afternoon. Do me a favor and cross your fingers...

Oh and thanks for all the advice and test flights. I know what a pain it is to play with these birds...

Oh and thanks for all the advice and test flights. I know what a pain it is to play with these birds...
wasn't a problem Brother I was quite curious myself because I want to buy the DBS for the P3S as well right now I get acceptable distance from the Argtek but I strive for the best connection I can get and IMO that will be with the DBS. I was really hoping my 1.2 would work well so I didn't have to buy one for the P3S but apparently there is something that's different in the devices. Best of luck on your flight.

wasn't a problem Brother I was quite curious myself because I want to buy the DBS for the P3S as well right now I get acceptable distance from the Argtek but I strive for the best connection I can get and IMO that will be with the DBS. I was really hoping my 1.2 would work well so I didn't have to buy one for the P3S but apparently there is something that's different in the devices. Best of luck on your flight.

Took it out this afternoon just at the house. I didn’t have time to go to my big place before dark. At my home I have 50 acres and I was flying right behind the house (5000 square foot house all metal roof and two all steel livestock barns within 100 yards of the house).i got 2200’ at 225’ with the house ( and our WiFi 65’ tower) directly between the bird and I. Lost signal of course but expected that with all that metal roof and interference between us. That to me was a real test. Before in that scenario I was only getting around 650. I’m going out to the big place tomorrow where there is no metal objects close and no power lines. IMO the dbs worked great. I don’t fly in that scenario very much at all but I will say that from the two or three previous flights at the house it tripled my distance at least. Very happy so far. Thanks for the good wishes.

Took it out this afternoon just at the house. I didn’t have time to go to my big place before dark. At my home I have 50 acres and I was flying right behind the house (5000 square foot house all metal roof and two all steel livestock barns within 100 yards of the house).i got 2200’ at 225’ with the house ( and our WiFi 65’ tower) directly between the bird and I. Lost signal of course but expected that with all that metal roof and interference between us. That to me was a real test. Before in that scenario I was only getting around 650. I’m going out to the big place tomorrow where there is no metal objects close and no power lines. IMO the dbs worked great. I don’t fly in that scenario very much at all but I will say that from the two or three previous flights at the house it tripled my distance at least. Very happy so far. Thanks for the good wishes.
awesomeness Brother glad its working out so far

Triple the distance compared to stock sounds about what I found on my P3 Standard. You do have to maintain a tight beam though.

Triple the distance compared to stock sounds about what I found on my P3 Standard. You do have to maintain a tight beam though.
you will have to point more precisely at your AC to maintain signal I recommend a lanyard if you don't have one and hold the RC close to your body. I pick out an object way off in the distance as a point of reference and fly straight at it. that way I know exactly where to point my antenna towards

you will have to point more precisely at your AC to maintain signal I recommend a lanyard if you don't have one and hold the RC close to your body. I pick out an object way off in the distance as a point of reference and fly straight at it. that way I know exactly where to point my antenna towards

Had to go out of country unexpectedly for a while. Back home and hoping to do some flying. Got in too late tonight but tomorrow is relax and fly time. Before leaving I flew one flight before heavy rain hit and got out 3200’. Had 10 sats but very cloudy no wind tho. I was happy with that, being my longest flight to date. That flight was at the house and we have a ton of live oak and cedar trees around. Never really lost sight of the bird but I was within 100’ of the main power lines to the house and barns. Going to my bigger pasture tomorrow to stretch her legs. No power lines or WiFi anywhere close. Looking forward to that. My one flight with the dbs, again, was, much better than any previous flights. I also installed a skin wrap and carbon fiber props. Of course the wrap does nothing but personalize the AC the props did seem to make a bit of difference in performance. It did seem to ascend at a higher rate, it seemed to make the top speed a little higher and it did seem to be quieter. All of this I deduced from one flight ( yeah I know) maybe I’m just trying to justify $30 bucks for props but what the hell! It looks cool so we’ll see what later flights prove.

Had to go out of country unexpectedly for a while. Back home and hoping to do some flying. Got in too late tonight but tomorrow is relax and fly time. Before leaving I flew one flight before heavy rain hit and got out 3200’. Had 10 sats but very cloudy no wind tho. I was happy with that, being my longest flight to date. That flight was at the house and we have a ton of live oak and cedar trees around. Never really lost sight of the bird but I was within 100’ of the main power lines to the house and barns. Going to my bigger pasture tomorrow to stretch her legs. No power lines or WiFi anywhere close. Looking forward to that. My one flight with the dbs, again, was, much better than any previous flights. I also installed a skin wrap and carbon fiber props. Of course the wrap does nothing but personalize the AC the props did seem to make a bit of difference in performance. It did seem to ascend at a higher rate, it seemed to make the top speed a little higher and it did seem to be quieter. All of this I deduced from one flight ( yeah I know) maybe I’m just trying to justify $30 bucks for props but what the hell! It looks cool so we’ll see what later flights prove.

All that metal roof **** sure makes a difference!!! The 3200’ I forgot to mention was launching about 100yds south of the house and flying due south. Still had power lines but I’m still stoked either way. The only concern I had was a flash in the video a couple of times. Both flights but I’m pretty sure I had some of that with OEM. Still new to the drone scene but enjoying it immensely. Not enough hours in the day or days in the week!

All that metal roof **** sure makes a difference!!! The 3200’ I forgot to mention was launching about 100yds south of the house and flying due south. Still had power lines but I’m still stoked either way. The only concern I had was a flash in the video a couple of times. Both flights but I’m pretty sure I had some of that with OEM. Still new to the drone scene but enjoying it immensely. Not enough hours in the day or days in the week!
3200 feet and still had sight? That's more than a half mile. Mine disappears into the sky at 500. You must have really good sight!

3200 feet and still had sight? That's more than a half mile. Mine disappears into the sky at 500. You must have really good sight!

Spotting scopes do wonders. I do a lot of long range shooting. 800 to 1200 yards. I’m pretty savvy on the Simmons spotting scope. Within sight I meant no obstructions but yes I could still see it as a dot in the scope. White cloud cover makes to pretty visible with the right optics.

Spotting scopes do wonders. I do a lot of long range shooting. 800 to 1200 yards. I’m pretty savvy on the Simmons spotting scope. Within sight I meant no obstructions but yes I could still see it as a dot in the scope. White cloud cover makes to pretty visible with the right optics.

Wow. I should try that. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72