Itelite issues

Reaction score
New to all this but here goes. Bought my first drone, a p3s. Have had about 10 to 15 hours of successful flight and installed a dbs01.2. With the OEM antenna I was getting around 1800’ at 250’h. Installed the first itelite extender and can’t get more than around 650’ same place (no utility lines, no houses within a mile). Sent it back thinking it was a defect, ordered a new one, same thing. Reinstalled OEM and getting back out to 1800-2000’. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

the 1.2 is for the P34k so that's an issue, you want the 1.4 for the P3S here is the link https://www.amazon.com/ITELITE-ITE-...688&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=dbz+itelite+antenna

Thanks. After my post I checked the part number I ordered against what I got and saw the difference. I ordered the 1.4 both times and received the 1.2 both times apparently from amazon. The 1.4 is out of stock so I guess that was their substitute. I guess I got too excited about installing it and did not pay attention. Lesson learned again. Thank you for your reply.

Aren't they the same? Both have control at 5.8 and both have two 2.4s. Why would one vs the other matter other than maybe mounting hardware?

Aren't they the same? Both have control at 5.8 and both have two 2.4s. Why would one vs the other matter other than maybe mounting hardware?

Apparently something is different. Have no clue what that is. The 1.02 mounted fine so I’m not sure what the differences is but I would like to if anyone has that info...

The handle on the 4K is different . Panels the same .
IMG_0200.JPG IMG_0201.JPG

I read someplace that the antenna set inside is different and that the 1.2 will only work on the P34k further the 1.4 wont work for the 4K as well It would appear if the OP was able to install the 1.2 on his standard RC that the mount is the same Just my observation I have the P3S but it has an argtek on it Ill remove the DBS panel from my P34k tomorrow and install it on the standard and see if it gets the same range, better or worse I don't have the handle on the standard anymore so cant confirm if the mount would work or not

Last edited:
Handle on standard is slanted forward , 4K is like in picture. Straight down and far as the cables I used thicker ones than were sent inside
and has been awhile so can't remember the lengths . It does have to be longer in the 4K though just because of the way it is laid out .

I read someplace that the antenna set inside is different and that the 1.2 will only work on the P34k further the 1.4 wont work for the 4K as well It would appear if the OP was able to install the 1.2 on his standard RC that the mount is the same Just my observation I have the P3S but it has an argtek on it Ill remove the DBS panel from my P34k tomorrow and install it on the standard and see if it gets the same range, better or worse I don't have the handle on the standard anymore so cant confirm if the mount would work or not

The hardware included clamped onto my handle fine. It felt pretty solid to me. I appreciate the info that the panel is supposed to be the same but I am not getting any range. 1/3 of OEM. I would like to know about the range with the DBS that is the proper part number for the P3S and how that compared to the argtek. Researched both heavily and decided on the DBS. I live in Southeast Texas so I have A LOT of open area free of mag interference. I would really like to get out past 1800’!

I have external antennas on mine and really after all the testing I did don't think I needed them but this was about the last test I did for distance with my standard so in a noise free area I know it will do this .
IMG_0202.PNG

There are several threads way back in this section where we were
first messing with the standard when it came out . I tryed everything
but amps . I did find using different cables ...thicker..inside than what they sent did better and used the blue ones on the outside .
Aiming is everything going long with the panel . I sat on my tailgate mostly with the TX in my lap and watched my signal to stay tuned in .
Was the way I did it anyway .

Yeah it was back then . Nothing now with the new ones .
Mavic stock will I know go 4.2 and back .
Thing is you really have to be in the right location and seems you are .
I fly from a high hill here over hunting club land and only noise is the animals . Why your not getting any distance I don't know .
Was looking for the old leader board we had but hadn't found it .

I average around 5k on the standard with the argtek before I disconnect I need to take it out over the ocean because I was getting the same range with the DBS on the P34k till I flew that one out over the ocean then it went out to 12K and could have gone much further if I could have pulled my britches out of my butt. The area you fly in is very important to getting distance no matter what your using. IMO I think the DBS is king. Raining today so I cant fly the DBS on the standard hopefully tomorrow will be a better day

Reactions: cc8330 and dirkclod
I can confirm the 1.4 ITELITE works well with the standard. I was getting 1,800 feet stock. It will do 5,000 comfortably, and I had it to 8,000 over the SF Bay once when it disconnected and came back.

Reactions: cc8330 and epicdoom
I can confirm the 1.4 ITELITE works well with the standard. I was getting 1,800 feet stock. It will do 5,000 comfortably, and I had it to 8,000 over the SF Bay once when it disconnected and came back.

Thanks for all the info. Waiting on amazon to get 1.4 in stock. If I can get out over a mile I’ll be happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga