Home Point Not Recorded

Reaction score
Does anyone else see this warning when they attempt to capture the current drone or iOS device's position for the new home point through DJI GO? The update appears to work (current point captured as home position) but I always get this warning.

You should not see this warning once you have taken off. If you try to reset your home point before take off, then you will get the warning. If you are setting the home point to your position, you will need gps on your device.
Hope this helps.

If I understand this behavior, manually setting the home point before airborne doesn't work. On launch the home point is automatically set to the launch point and can be changed once in the air to either the current location of the drone or iOS device. Is this correct?

If I understand this behavior, manually setting the home point before airborne doesn't work. On launch the home point is automatically set to the launch point and can be changed once in the air to either the current location of the drone or iOS device. Is this correct?
Correct, you don't need to record your home point manually before flying.
The Phantom will do that for you.
Resetting your home point to the current location of the Phantom requires a GPS enabled tablet or phone.
If you are using an iPad, that means a cellular enabled iPad.

Yes you are correct, however, your device must have GPS in order to record your operator position.

If, once in flight, I set my home point to the current position of the drone does this establish a new landing altitude or just update the lat/lon of the home point?

If, once in flight, I set my home point to the current position of the drone does this establish a new landing altitude or just update the lat/lon of the home point?
Your altitude setting should not change once set by you in the app. Mostly for RTH.

It only resets the lat/lon of the home point.

Thanks for clearing that up.

If Z was also updated this would lead to some very interesting behaviors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl