Help obtaining P3S gimbal part

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Standard that I am trying to repair and I have been looking all over the internet for a roll arm with motor attached and the only ones that I can seem to find are shipping direct from China which I am leery of. Does anyone know of a parts supplier that sells P3S OEM parts or has used P3S gimbal parts they want to sell?

Reactions: The Blades
amazon and ebay

Have you looked at fstop-labs
I tried both amazon and ebay. I was able to find the part but it is shipping directly from china or from a place in the US that is getting the parts from China. I know the drones are made in China but I just don't think what I am seeing is from a reputable supplier of OEM parts.

Can anybody help please. I need a p3s gimbal motherboard. My craft is in a million pieces, so I can't send it away to be repaired!

I have a Phantom 3 Standard that I am trying to repair and I have been looking all over the internet for a roll arm with motor attached and the only ones that I can seem to find are shipping direct from China which I am leery of. Does anyone know of a parts supplier that sells P3S OEM parts or has used P3S gimbal parts they want to sell?

Sorry, I can't help but...I need a p3s gimbal motherboard!!!

You might be able to find somebody with the part your looking for here in the US. Trouble is it's not a part that gets replaced as much as propellers or landing struts, so most of the places you find here will say "yes, we can order it for you"... and I'm sure you can figure out the where they're going to get it from...

The time you'll spend scowering the internet and calling places is how long getting one from China is gonna take... they are all the same part, there's one factory's making the part and a bunch of people buying em trying to sell it. There's more factorys making propellers because there more money/turn over in it.

This is just my opinion as I am very often wrong. I would say just order it from overseas, some of those guys have some pretty quick free shipping.

Those of you looking for parts....try Hani Lanzi at uavrepairshop.com

He goes by 'hunch' here on the Forum. He's probably got what you need.

How 'bout it @hunch, Can you help those in this thread looking for parts?

Reactions: The Blades
Do you know if @hunch is Twitter, a website, email address??

Website is uavrepairshop.com

The "@hunch" is just an alert to him on the forum so he knows his attention is needed. You might find his posts in the classified section of this forum also. He is super busy repairing sick or damaged birds, so sometimes it takes a day or so to contact him.

He is based in Minnesota USA. Phone is 612-414-3017. Hani Lanzi.

Check out his website for more information.

So I ordered a replacement pivot arm with attached motor from China and got it and installed it and it works fine; however, the screw holes for the ribbon cable protector are a different size and I can not install the protective cover....ugh! Has anyone else had this issue when using a replacement pivot arm? I have no idea what size screw to try and purchase or where to purchase them from. I see the screw kits available on amazon and ebay but not sure any of the screws in the kit will work.

So I ordered a replacement pivot arm with attached motor from China and got it and installed it and it works fine; however, the screw holes for the ribbon cable protector are a different size and I can not install the protective cover....ugh! Has anyone else had this issue when using a replacement pivot arm? I have no idea what size screw to try and purchase or where to purchase them from. I see the screw kits available on amazon and ebay but not sure any of the screws in the kit will work.
You got the part from China in 5 days?!? Not bad!

Can you post some pics of the original holes as well as the new holes?

pivot arm.jpg

I think you can tell that the hole on the installed arm is visibly larger (It's the hole farthest from the camera)

Aw man, I told ya not buy one from China... oh, wait a minute.. I did...

This is what I would do... look for any bolts on the gimbal, your laptop, anything etc that look to be the same size... temporarily remove them and test fit them to see if they are the right fit for the larger hole(s)... if you get one that fits perfect it'll speed up figuring out what size it is.

Where I am I have a local store Specialty Tool and Bolt and they have all sizes and lengths of tiny bolts.. stainless, aluminum whatever... that would be my first stop to get a replacement. Do you have anything like that available in your area?

Another possibility... Is there a way to remove the new motor and install it your original aluminum gimbal bracket. If it's not too difficult tha might be a good option although I don't know the realty of it and we don't want to make things worse.

If that's not an option I would probably buy this DJI bolt kit from amazon... I imagine it has to have the right size bolts https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Part-41-Screw/dp/B00ZW0NGAE

In the mean time I would probably wrap a small piece of teflon tape or aluminum foil around the bolt to thicken it up and screw it in to temporarily hold the cover in place

Here's another thread asking bolt sizes, it has some bolt sizes mentioned but I don't know..
Standard - What screw size?

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1