P3S live camera feed but gimbal is dead

Reaction score
I have live camera feed but the gimbal is dead.
I purchased the P3S 2nd hand and had only been flying about 3 months when i'm not real sure what happened but it was about 50 ft off the ground and just tumbled down.
when i picked it up the camera and the arm holding it onto the gimbal had separated, the motor had actually come apart (also broke 3 propellers and the landing legs).
I replaced all motors and ribbon cable. Now when I turn it on the is no movement from the gimbal and the camera faces down but I do have camera view.
Attached pictures are where the gimbal separated.

Attachments

• P3S1.jpg
    P3S1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • P3S2.jpg
    P3S2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
Reactions: RodPad
It might take me a while, but I can dig up some stuff from the past on P3S's.

Any other members, share your stuff.
Thanks!

Rod..

Sorry I have had a goofy day..

"I replaced all motors and ribbon cable. Now when I turn it on the is no movement from the gimbal and the camera faces down but I do have camera view."

What is all the motors?

If you have camera view, can you take a picture? I remember the SD card was in the camera not the main housing of the gimbal?
I haven't had time to look yet. If the SD card doesn't then that test doesn't matter.

Rod

Found one that I was looking for!

Rod

The link that is in this post. I think was pretty good!

Rod

Sorry I have had a goofy day..

"I replaced all motors and ribbon cable. Now when I turn it on the is no movement from the gimbal and the camera faces down but I do have camera view."

What is all the motors?

If you have camera view, can you take a picture? I remember the SD card was in the camera not the main housing of the gimbal?
I haven't had time to look yet. If the SD card doesn't then that test doesn't matter.

Rod
all the motors on the gimbal

Did you replace the motors only? Boards are serialized to motors. Change as pairs.

Hum. are you sure?
Seems odd but I really don't know. :)

Rod

Last edited:
Reactions: WannaBeDronePilot
Sure. About motor and board. I have replaced and fixed eight copters. If you only replace the motor the camera will not be pointed where it is supposed to be. Calibration might make a difference if it is close but i have never found a motor swap solve this issue.

Sure. About motor and board. I have replaced and fixed eight copters. If you only replace the motor the camera will not be pointed where it is supposed to be. Calibration might make a difference if it is close but i have never found a motor swap solve this issue.
Thanks for the info, but appears his is just limp?

Thanks for helping out!

Rod

Motor ESC chip (circuit board) located on the back of the gimble, controls the gimble motors attached to it. The solder joints can break on impact. Suggest replacing to see if the gimble comes to life. Ones for P3S, available used on line $20+. Don't have one available or I'd loan it to try.

Motor ESC chip (circuit board) located on the back of the gimble, controls the gimble motors attached to it. The solder joints can break on impact. Suggest replacing to see if the gimble comes to life. Ones for P3S, available used on line $20+. Don't have one available or I'd loan it to try.
So,,,,, if it would happen to be one of the control boards would the that last motor from the drone like the pitch motor cause none of the motors to work?
or would it be like the first in line causing the rest not to work?

Reactions: WannaBeDronePilot
Thanks! He bought it second hand. What if is trying to fix a pieced to gether repair. Would other cameras like a P3A work on a P3S?
That is the direction I'm headed at this time.

Rod

Every thing got quiet again..
So..
Check this link out.
The manual

I found my PS3 gimbal base, there is no SD card slot..

Let us know..

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31