P3S live camera feed but gimbal is dead

I'm assuming I'm no longer getting any more advise, I've asked twice which board I should start with replacing,
I'm going to take it upon my self and just start replacing boards
OK, your still active!

When I look through the thread, I think you gave up, I'm not going to until a couple of weeks goes by (Nothing on this Thread). *hit you could have a 454 engine on top of you. I will bug some others, Maybe when this is done I have send you some P3S parts of mine, or I will fix mine also. I really don't know what still works it was in 5 pieces.

Rod..

Last edited:
Reactions: WannaBeDronePilot
You got any knowledge for this thread?

Thanks in advance. 👌

Rod..

You got any knowledge for this thread?

Thanks in advance. 👌

Rod..
Yes I been following but I think we get a good clue ...
This picture just example of where I think fault is,,The OP mention this motor separated, those little pick up sensors ,,pretty good knock to split the motor ,could be ribbon damage or pulled wire,,
If hes changed other motors and not touched this without inspection,,I could be wrong but I be looking hard at this base

I must be in trouble because 2nd day in a row my posts in this thread are awaiting moderation !
Strange oh well,,back to the corner with me hat on 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230504-120356_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230504-120356_Google.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
This picture just example of where I think fault is,,The OP mention this motor separated, those little pick up sensors ,,pretty good knock to split the motor ,could be ribbon damage or pulled wire,,
If hes changed other motors and not touched this without inspection,,I could be wrong but I be looking hard at this base

I must be in trouble because 2nd day in a row my posts in this thread are awaiting moderation !
Thanks man!
In this exact thread?
Looking at the time stamp?
It just showed up?

You got a lot of messages and reactions, must have some keywords on the thread I was following.
I will send a PM with my email.

Rod..

The Gimbal separated here,

Attachments

• P3S1.jpg
    P3S1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • P3S2.jpg
    P3S2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
What's the connector like on the board,where the ribbon cable plug in,,unclip and connect again,,if the ribbon move or damage it will have dead gimble but live feed,,I go back and read 70 posts again to wake the brain up
And you can upload flight log here and someone tell you what cause the free fall if your curious what happened

What's the connector like on the board,where the ribbon cable plug in,,unclip and connect again,,if the ribbon move or damage it will have dead gimble but live feed,,I go back and read 70 posts again to wake the brain up
And you can upload flight log here and someone tell you what cause the free fall if your curious what happened
i've replace all the motors and ribbon cable (twice) 1st and aftermarket 2nd OEM .
i will upload the flight log this weekend when i get back home

there's 2 on the gimbal arms and one at the camera, I replaced them,
I'm not sure if that is actually a motor that goes through the gimbal base or not but I did not replace it.

Yep I misread which motor seperate, sorry, senior moment thinking again
yip one in gimble base a motor as to why there's friction on it when powered up,,I'd say if you've changed motors,ribbon cables,,it could well be the board where ribbon goes in at the base,,I couldn't find if you been in the base itself ,,without having spares to try it's a guess and sucks buying bits when they not the fault,,,In this case you might need to,,at least they become spares for future,,
If its apart you might be able to trace with multimeter ,,oh the joy of phantom fault finding,🤕
Screenshot_20230505-143529_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RodPad
This might sound silly but does gimble calibration start or do any movement or stay limp just being curious on that

I have more video / images of the P3S.

Until the battery got to low, I could start and stop the motors move and view the camera.
It was close enough to my house the Marco Polo was picking it up.

I know when the Phantom Magnet released it with in a 12hr period.

When I retrieved it was 5 major pieces.

Rod ..

This might sound silly but does gimble calibration start or do any movement or stay limp just being curious on that
That's a good question!
I have a feeling he hasn't it had it long enough, may not know about that procedure.
Anyways, three times I thought he was done with it.
I really appreciate you helping, that's what its about! (More People, More Thoughts)!

Rod

Last edited:
Can you show us Limp?
:)

I'm done for the day👌

Rod ..

That's a good question!
I have a feeling he hasn't it had it long enough, may not know about that procedure.
Anyways, three times I thought he was done with it.
I really appreciate you helping, that's what its about! (More People, More Thoughts)!

Rod
if you're talking about me, yes i know what the gimble calibration is and no i am not done with it,
i would really like to get it going and yes i appreciate all the help but it seems as if i'm gong to have to just start replacing the boards one at a time until i get the correct one.
i don't get to reply as much as i like because of work sucking up most of my time

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4