What screw size?

Reaction score
I am in the last (I hope) stage of repairing a crashed P3P I bought. My kitchen table ate the screw that attaches the camera body to the gimbal shaft. Spent hours looking with no joy so I'm blaming the table. I bought the DJI screw pack but none seem to easily thread in the shaft. I don't want to force it, so I need to know what that screw size is so I can use the correct one. Tried calling DJI tech support but I was number 17 in line. I only have a Tracfone with paid minutes so I don't want to throw away a couple of hours of my minutes waiting for them. Can anyone help?

I am in the last (I hope) stage of repairing a crashed P3P I bought. My kitchen table ate the screw that attaches the camera body to the gimbal shaft. Spent hours looking with no joy so I'm blaming the table. I bought the DJI screw pack but none seem to easily thread in the shaft. I don't want to force it, so I need to know what that screw size is so I can use the correct one. Tried calling DJI tech support but I was number 17 in line. I only have a Tracfone with paid minutes so I don't want to throw away a couple of hours of my minutes waiting for them. Can anyone help?
Take it to a local bolt supply that handles metric sizes and try different sizes if there is one available in your area. It cant be much over 1 to 2.5 mm at the most/

Unfortunately, that's not much help. I already have the screw bag from DJI. I just need to know the size to use. Going to a bolt supply place is not an option where I live

Unfortunately, that's not much help. I already have the screw bag from DJI. I just need to know the size to use. Going to a bolt supply place is not an option where I live
Can you buy small metric bolts anywhere close to you-- if not order a few online of small sizes 1.5 to 3mm at the shortest length. When you find the right size it can be shortened with a Dremel Tool and a metal cutting disk.

Can you buy small metric bolts anywhere close to you-- if not order a few online of small sizes 1.5 to 3mm at the shortest length. When you find the right size it can be shortened with a Dremel Tool and a metal cutting disk.[/QUOTE

I guess I'm not explaining myself properly. I have the DJI Phantom screw bag which supposedly has every screw in the P3P. Each bag is marked with the size inside. I just need to know which one to use for the camera to gimbal mounting. Thought maybe someone could give me that info rather than trying to force fit one into the hole. The correct thread and diameter should screw in easily but none in the screws I received from DJI seem to fit. Guess I'll just have to waste my minutes waiting for them. Thanks anyway.

Thanks fstoplabs. I just figured out you placed a link at the top of your reply. Looked at that. The screw I need is not a set screw. It is a regular Philips head screw.

Last edited:
Reactions: fstoplabs
Thanks fstoplabs. I just figured out you placed a link at the top of your reply. Looked at that. The screw I need is not a set screw. It is a regular Philips head screw.

Ah, that one, its m2 5mm, you can get a longer one by 1-2mm should be okay.

Should be like this one, I dont know if the head fits though..
Amazon.com: LaptopScrewsDirect 24 Pack of M2 x 5mm Laptop Screws Screw Pack Black Zinc Schrauben Vite Tornillo Dell Hp Asus Ibm Toshiba: Computers & Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic