Reaction score
Hey.

New to the P2. I just got both the P2 and Zenmuse H4-3D and literally took it out of the box, put it all together, downloaded the Assistant onto my Mac, plugged the P2 to check if it needed any updates and it seems the Assistant didn't recognise anything being plugged in, but it said in the Info section it says the current version is 3.8 (the latest version on the DJI firmware update for mac) so I assume it is up to date.

I turn on my P2 and watched the Gimbal play around for a bit before just stopping, and unlike in videos where the gimbal moves the GoPro so it is facing front, it just stops at a 45 degree angle making a faint noise. Not only that, but I cant seem to control the gimbal with the transmitter. I've checked all the wiring and everything seems fine.

I assume this is just a collaboration issue, but every time I have plugged the P2 into my Mac and opened the assistant, I just have to skip the wait screen and it doesn't recognise that I have the drone plugged in.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be? It is as simple as a firmware update?

Thanks!

Hey.

New to the P2. I just got both the P2 and Zenmuse H4-3D and literally took it out of the box, put it all together, downloaded the Assistant onto my Mac, plugged the P2 to check if it needed any updates and it seems the Assistant didn't recognise anything being plugged in, but it said in the Info section it says the current version is 3.8 (the latest version on the DJI firmware update for mac) so I assume it is up to date.

I turn on my P2 and watched the Gimbal play around for a bit before just stopping, and unlike in videos where the gimbal moves the GoPro so it is facing front, it just stops at a 45 degree angle making a faint noise. Not only that, but I cant seem to control the gimbal with the transmitter. I've checked all the wiring and everything seems fine.

I assume this is just a collaboration issue, but every time I have plugged the P2 into my Mac and opened the assistant, I just have to skip the wait screen and it doesn't recognise that I have the drone plugged in.

Thanks!

Have tried to delete both assistant software for your P2?? If not delete both and make sure both the RC and P2 are no longer in your download file after deletion then reload both and see that resolved your problem.

Hey.

Thanks!
Download RC12 assist. Start RC12 and plug just the controller into the USB. Calibrate all sticks and tilt/dial sliders. Apply and close.
Start phantom assist, BASIC > RC, calibrate all sticks and tilt/dial slider. Select upgrade mode.
Go advance > gimbal, gain = whatever, horizontal = 0, vertical = 0. The hor vert will give it the 90 degrees of movement.

And the 45 degree boot up is normal.

Download RC12 assist. Start RC12 and plug just the controller into the USB. Calibrate all sticks and tilt/dial sliders. Apply and close.
Start phantom assist, BASIC > RC, calibrate all sticks and tilt/dial slider. Select upgrade mode.
Go advance > gimbal, gain = whatever, horizontal = 0, vertical = 0. The hor vert will give it the 90 degrees of movement.

And the 45 degree boot up is normal.

Right, so I calibrated the controller just fine on RC assist. Plugged the P2 in and opened Phantom assist, a window popped up saying GPS failed to connect and it must be calibrated. Issue is, whatever I do I cannot begin the compass calibration with the Phantom as the LEDs just keep flashing yellow. I have watched videos and read the manual on how to do it but going from GPS-ATTI-GPS 6-8 times doesn't change the LEDs at all.

I tried advanced calibration in the tools section, but the numbers didn't change (I don't even think the calibration started).

I then tried to calibrate the controller on the Phantom assist, but moving the sticks doesn't do anything on the Phantom assist.

On a side note after gimbal boot up the gopro lens doesn't move from the 45 degree angle, even after moving the hor/vert to 0 and gain to 50, but I will deal with that once I can get the actual P2 working. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Right, so I calibrated the controller just fine on RC assist. Plugged the P2 in and opened Phantom assist, a window popped up saying GPS failed to connect and it must be calibrated. Issue is, whatever I do I cannot begin the compass calibration with the Phantom as the LEDs just keep flashing yellow. I have watched videos and read the manual on how to do it but going from GPS-ATTI-GPS 6-8 times doesn't change the LEDs at all.

I tried advanced calibration in the tools section, but the numbers didn't change (I don't even think the calibration started).

I then tried to calibrate the controller on the Phantom assist, but moving the sticks doesn't do anything on the Phantom assist.

On a side note after gimbal boot up the gopro lens doesn't move from the 45 degree angle, even after moving the hor/vert to 0 and gain to 50, but I will deal with that once I can get the actual P2 working. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

More then likely you're doing nothing wrong. But at this point I would open the shell and check that the GPS cable is plugged firmly in its socket and the only other problem could be a cracked GPS antenna but that is unlikely as you haven't had it off the ground. You haven't have you??

More then likely you're doing nothing wrong. But at this point I would open the shell and check that the GPS cable is plugged firmly in its socket and the only other problem could be a cracked GPS antenna but that is unlikely as you haven't had it off the ground. You haven't have you??

I took the P2 shell off, didn't mess with anything, just made sure all the wires were connected properly and nothing was loose.

Had a peak at the GPS and that looks fine also (not cracked).

No, I haven't had it off the ground, haven't been able to even begin compass calibration.

I took the P2 shell off, didn't mess with anything, just made sure all the wires were connected properly and nothing was loose.

Had a peak at the GPS and that looks fine also (not cracked).

No, I haven't had it off the ground, haven't been able to even begin compass calibration.

The GPS antenna is on the other side of the module.Hopefully you are doing the compass calibration outside and if done correctly you should a GPS home lock with 6 or more satellites.

I hope you aren't doing the calibration dance inside a building or near metal structures...
Can you also check if you are in a NO FLY ZONE or near airport? Green reds also mean airports nearby.

I hope you aren't doing the calibration dance inside a building or near metal structures...
Can you also check if you are in a NO FLY ZONE or near airport? Green reds also mean airports nearby.

I have been taking it outside to attempt the calibration.

Today it wasn't raining so I took it outside, turned it and the controller on, yellow blinks began and I just left it there for around 10 minutes in hope it would find satellites. Nothing. I tried 5-6 times to begin the calibration process and it wouldn't recognise me doing anything.

I am also not in a no fly zone so that shouldn't be the issue. I still just have yellow blinking LEDs.

So just to confirm:

1) I have checked the wiring and GPS, everything at face value seems fine.

2) The controller is calibrated and is recognised by RC assist, but not by P2 assist (Nor is the Phantom itself)

3) Attempted outside compass calibration - P2 doesn't recognise calibration process nor does it pick up any satellites

4) GoPro gimbal doesn't move from 45 degree angle after gimbal boot up (this must have something to do with not being able to calibrate the controller in the P2 assist

Do I conclude it is faulty? I hope I am just missing something rather simple.

EDIT: I tried the P2 Assist again. It recognised the P2 but I got this error:

CFG-ERR -Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version. or abnormal Tx calibration. Recalibrate your transmitter, and power cycle your controller and check all the parameters.

I did just that, re-calibrated and power cycled.

The error still appears. Also, on the P2 assist, the Channel Monitor readings have A, E, T, R all at 1000 (can't move them even in calibration), U at 491, X2 at 1000 and X1 at -1000.

When I start P2 controller calibration, the cursors do not move.

The control mode switch is on Normal Fly, but blue around Failsafe.

No updates are needed.

EDIT 2: I now have Error 29 - I literally haven't done anything apart from attempt to link the P2 and controller together again.

Last edited:

Today it wasn't raining so I took it outside, turned it and the controller on, yellow blinks began and I just left it there for around 10 minutes in hope it would find satellites. Nothing. I tried 5-6 times to begin the calibration process and it wouldn't recognise me doing anything.

I am also not in a no fly zone so that shouldn't be the issue. I still just have yellow blinking LEDs.

So just to confirm:

2) The controller is calibrated and is recognised by RC assist, but not by P2 assist (Nor is the Phantom itself)

3) Attempted outside compass calibration - P2 doesn't recognise calibration process nor does it pick up any satellites

4) GoPro gimbal doesn't move from 45 degree angle after gimbal boot up (this must have something to do with not being able to calibrate the controller in the P2 assist

CFG-ERR -Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version. or abnormal Tx calibration. Recalibrate your transmitter, and power cycle your controller and check all the parameters.

The error still appears. Also, on the P2 assist, the Channel Monitor readings have A, E, T, R all at 1000 (can't move them even in calibration), U at 491, X2 at 1000 and X1 at -1000.

No updates are needed.

EDIT 2: I now have Error 29 - I literally haven't done anything apart from attempt to link the P2 and controller together again.

What OS do you have on your Mac? All the software for the P2 on a Mac is for OS X10.9 or higher.

So just to confirm:

No updates are needed.

Your flashing yellows and error means your control receiver board in the phantom is damaged. Its the smaller daughter board with the 2 antennas attached to it. Try swapping it out.

I get this error 29 when I power up the phantom and whilst holding down the sticks. The phantom is trying to initialise - recentre and if it cant, it will continue to flash yellow.

Make sure u are using the cable it came with.

Your advice might be spot on but you should at the date the OP posted this thread was back in Sept. Simple mistake which made quite often around here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31