Gimbal problems

Reaction score
I took my bird out today for the first time in months (weather and personal reasons) and checked it all before hand. Noticed the gimbal freaking out and vibrating badly, almost like something was stopping it move (There isn't) I ran another IMU calibration and took her out to the local common and she flew fine with the exception of the camera messing about. It kept turning to the side! I've done a short video showing what i mean. Does anyone have any ideas?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its doing a Derek Zoolander.
Can you check if the hidden hex grub screw located at the top of the arm (opposite side of the flex cable) is tightened against the flat side of the D shaft?

Reactions: justjay
Yup what mako said. 2mm hex, black screw on top of the yaw arm right below the gimbal casing. Tighten that up and you'll be good to go.
You can actually take it all out and put a drop of blue loctite so it won't happen again.

Reactions: justjay
Haha a Derek zoolander I like that! Thanks for your helps guys, I'll try that out shortly. Weather is bad again today so once it's dry and I'm off ill test her out again and report back.

So I checked internal connections today and tightened the screw mentioned....the vibrating is still there after resetting the BTU and another advanced calibration too. Then this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

make sure before you tighten that yaw arm screw that the arm is actually free flowing left and right. i bet you pushed it too far up or down and it's now
rubbing against either upper plate or lower ball bearing

It seems pretty free flowing to me, I've double checked it and it moves freely. The movement in the video isn't as bad as it was yesterday which seems strange.

Update = ran a hard reset on the p2+ and that might have solved the vibrating issue but can't test the other one until next week at the earliest unfortunately.

Further update - another test flight and the camera still moved to the left in flight but not as much as before. There is still the vibrating issue which does show as jello effect on my videos which makes some unusable Imo. I've have the camera unit off and cables checked both ends and they seem fine. Any more suggestions? Really don't fancy saving up for a new camera unit!

I'll do that thanks. I've just booted into the actual dji app rather than litchi and it's come up with a gimbal motor error. Explains the noise I guess but can't fathom out how to fix it.

Attachments

• 1455738718888.jpg
    1455738718888.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 360
Ah sorry to hear that man! I will keep trying to work on it, I've just had the gimbal apart and can't see anything inside, which leads me to think its just gone, but I really want to know what or why.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31