Gimbal Going Crazy After Light Crash - I'll Buy You Coffee

Reaction score
Hey all thanks for reading this.

I recently just got a Phantom 3 Standard, and unfortunately crashed it when the return to home feature did not work as expected. Essentially the phantom was descending and hit a tree at approx 7 meters and fell. No significant damage. Rotors and aircraft itself all fully functional. The only thing that broke is the vibration plate (which I have replaced).

For some reason, the gimbal is now acting crazy and shaking/vibrating like a **** washing machine on start up. The shaking sometimes stops when I orient the aircraft in different positions. Nothing on the gimbal/camera seems broken. Gimbal spins freely when powered off and does not feel obstructed. I have done IMU calibration and gimbal calibration (which failed). The back bar looks bent (I'm not sure about this though)? And the issue seems to be the motor to that controls the left and right motion of the gimbal. The up and down tilt motor is fine. I have attached a video to describe the issue better.

Video of issue:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All help is greatly appreciated and I am more than willing to buy the person who can help with this a cup of coffee as a small gesture of thanks.

Much appreciated!

I never use RTH and follow me knowing that they are not 100% yet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I never use RTH and follow me knowing that they are not 100% yet.
It sounds like the OP was within 20m of the home point when RTH was initiated.

What's not 100% about RTH?

How did you make out when you attempted the adjustment in the above video?

I tried to the solution from the video above and my alignment there is spot on, so nothing to be fixed. I believe the issue is with the motor on the top (controlling left and right direction, and located under the drone vibration plate).

There is a small screw at the very top of the gimbal that sometimes becomes loose and causes the gimbal to vibrate. Did you check that?

P3-Gimbal-Grub-Screw.jpg

put your finger into top of gimbal and feel if the motor on top of gimbal is free spinning. if it is then tighten the set screen using a 3/64 alan wrench.

Jetacle, did you have any luck resolving this?

There is a magnet in the yaw arm, you might want to check if that is not cracked.

Hi All,

It's been awhile but thanks all for the help. It turned out that some of the screws did in fact need tightening. PhantomHelp you were right! PM an email and I'll shoot over some starbucks brother haha. Thanks again..

Good to hear! I'll let you enjoy my Starbucks. I'm just happy I was able to help :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31