Got my Phantom 4 Advanced back from DJI Care Refresh, gimbal vibration is gone.

Reaction score
When I first bought my Advanced just over a year ago, the first thing I noticed was some jello in some of the footage. I asked DJI about it and they suggested gently moving the entire gimbal with the aircraft powered off in a circular motion in case there was a small piece of debris etc causing this. I did and it didn't seem to help. One thing I noticed was I could feel a definite vibration when putting my finger on the yaw(top) gimbal motor, whereas with my Phantom 4 there was none at all. The gimbal was also squealing loudly when calibrating the IMU, I send a video of it doing this to DJI and they said to send it in for servicing.

When I got the P4A back, the jello in the footage was gone, but the vibration was still there, but a lot less noticeable, probably about half as bad as it was before. Doing some reading about this it seems quite a few people had gimbal vibration troubles with the Pro and Advanced models.

About a month ago I had a bad crash on takeoff when the P4A strangely turned on its side and crashed, bending the landing gear. I was about 2 weeks away from my DJI Care Refresh running out, so decided to use it and sent it in. I just got my replacement back, oddly enough it still has the same Serial Number as my original, and I had to reactivate it like it was brand new. Perhaps because I extended my DJI Care Refresh for another year?

Anyways, when I was going through the IMU and vision sensor calibration etc. setting it up, I noticed the vibration in the yaw gimbal motor is completely gone, it feels the same as my Phantom 4.

I wonder if that had something to do with them seemingly dropping the Phantom line, then they figured it out, hence them promoting them again?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan