Phantom 3 standard gimbal won't move after replacing ribbon cable

Reaction score
I crashed my Phantom 3 Standard and had to replace a damaged yaw arm and the ribbon cable.
Now when I power on the drone the gimbal doesn't move at all, I can't control it with the controller.

I repaired the yaw arm and replaced the ribbon cable with a knock off ribbon at first and had this issue. After reading online about chinese ribbons causing this issue I went and bought an OEM DJI ribbon but after installing it I'm still having the issue

Here are some details of what I'm experiencing:
- Gimbal is not calibrating on startup.
- I am receiving picture from the camera through the app without any issue.
- the led light on the gimbal top/main board is flashing green on start up and then solid green after 5 seconds or so.
-there is a slight noise coming from the gimbal which intensifies when I move the arms and camera with my hand (not sure if this was there before the crash)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
I crashed my Phantom 3 Standard and had to replace a damaged yaw arm and the ribbon cable.
Now when I power on the drone the gimbal doesn't move at all, I can't control it with the controller.

I repaired the yaw arm and replaced the ribbon cable with a knock off ribbon at first and had this issue. After reading online about chinese ribbons causing this issue I went and bought an OEM DJI ribbon but after installing it I'm still having the issue

Here are some details of what I'm experiencing:
- Gimbal is not calibrating on startup.
- I am receiving picture from the camera through the app without any issue.
- the led light on the gimbal top/main board is flashing green on start up and then solid green after 5 seconds or so.
-there is a slight noise coming from the gimbal which intensifies when I move the arms and camera with my hand (not sure if this was there before the crash)

Any help would be much appreciated!

The crash, more than likely, damaged the camera module itself. When DJI engineers decided to put the SD card slot in the module, it wound up having an effect on the integrity of the module. A damaged module causes the gimbal dance in a P3Std, it also can kill current to the rest of the gimbal. I would also double check how the ribbon is inserted in the cam module. It is a delicate procedure. The ribbon has to be dead center in the connector. Most folks are at a disadvantage in not having extra good components to check the gimbal with, like an extra module.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Reaction score
The crash, more than likely, damaged the camera module itself. When DJI engineers decided to put the SD card slot in the module, it wound up having an effect on the integrity of the module. A damaged module causes the gimbal dance in a P3Std, it also can kill current to the rest of the gimbal. I would also double check how the ribbon is inserted in the cam module. It is a delicate procedure. The ribbon has to be dead center in the connector. Most folks are at a disadvantage in not having extra good components to check the gimbal with, like an extra module.
How would I go about fixing the camera module
Is there any way I can test the chip before buying a new one?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K.J.