firmware upgrade problem p3a

Reaction score
hi all
i did a firmware upgrade to 1.11.0020 and now i get a msg gimble disconnected and no picture from camera
the controller connects to ac and will fly
when i go into the up/downgrade menu the firmware is not listed so cannot proceed
connect a usb cable from gimble to computer nothing reconised with a formatted card in slot
any help please
thanks in advance
herbie
P3A (W322A): RC (GL300B): Mini ipad latest dji go app

hi all
i did a firmware upgrade to 1.11.0020 and now i get a msg gimble disconnected and no picture from camera
the controller connects to ac and will fly
when i go into the up/downgrade menu the firmware is not listed so cannot proceed
connect a usb cable from gimble to computer nothing reconised with a formatted card in slot
any help please
thanks in advance
herbie
P3A (W322A): RC (GL300B): Mini ipad latest dji go app
Welcome to the forum.

Was your kit working normally before you made changes to the firmware (FW)?

Did you update your RC also, or only your AC? Asking because you only mentioned an AC FW version (1.11.20) and not an RC FW version number.

Which FW versions did you have on BOTH your AC and your RC before you made changes? Asking in case you have created an encryption mismatch and to know the correct update process needed for your current RC FW version.

Have you already tried using multiple USB cables when connecting your iPad to your RC? Have you checked the cable connections on your AC?

Did you follow the 1.11.20 release notes and do a restart and relinking after updating?
** The 1.11.20 release notes specifically suggest relinking if the RC and AC are disconnected post updating. It may not always be needed, but since DJI called it out ahead of time they clearly expected a disconnect to be relatively common. This was proven to be true since we had many disconnects reported here on the forum two years back when 1.11.20 was released even though the release notes already suggest a fix. Note: some people also reported general connection and video issues which have also been corrected with relinking after this update. Some have also reported that relinking has helped after updating to the latest AC FW even when they already had a green "linked" light on their RC.

Are you aware of the significant flight restrictions introduced with 1.11.20? If not, click here for more info.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
thanks for your comprehensive reply
did relinking and restarting but still getting gimble disconected and no image transmission signal
rc when connected with usb cable to ac or usb stick did not update and tried different cables
not shure of previovs versions

app3.1.58
ac 1.11.20
rc 1.9.2

forgot to say everthing worked ok before upgrade
i have downloaded 1.11.30 but ac will not go into upgrade mode with sd card in slot after powering up ac

no image transmission signal
this is different than you noted earlier and it's important. are you getting an error message with these exact words?

would you please attach your LOG_AB file to your next reply. Click here if you do not know what the LOG_AB file is. [Note that I am not looking for your RESULT_AB file]

rc when connected with usb cable to ac or usb stick did not update and tried different cables

app3.1.58
ac 1.11.20
rc 1.9.2
perhaps you've seen by now in your research that the RC is updated via the app after either 1.3.2 or 1.4.1 depending on your RC model.
Since your RC is at 1.9.2, you are already higher than that so your RC is updated via the app and not with a USB stick.

The FW versions you have currently should work. I do not see an encryption mismatch which is one of the things I wanted to check.

forgot to say everthing worked ok before upgrade
i have downloaded 1.11.30 but ac will not go into upgrade mode with sd card in slot after powering up ac
1.11.30 is a special version from DJI which helped a few people who had ESC errors after updating to 1.11.20. You should not install 1.11.30 if this does not apply to you.

this is different than you noted earlier and it's important. are you getting an error message with these exact words?

would you please attach your LOG_AB file to your next reply. Click here if you do not know what the LOG_AB file is. [Note that I am not looking for your RESULT_AB file]

perhaps you've seen by now in your research that the RC is updated via the app after either 1.3.2 or 1.4.1 depending on your RC model.
Since your RC is at 1.9.2, you are already higher than that so your RC is updated via the app and not with a USB stick.

The FW versions you have currently should work. I do not see an encryption mismatch which is one of the things I wanted to check.

1.11.30 is a special version from DJI which helped a few people who had ESC errors after updating to 1.11.20. You should not install 1.11.30 if this does not apply to you.

thanks again for your help
is there any way that i can get the ac into downgrade mode other than switching on with formatted sd card inserted with the bin file on it or in the app holding on the 3 bars see attached photo

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 235
i formated the card and now there is no camera folders or log file being gererated and no files hidden

is there any way that i can get the ac into downgrade mode other than switching on with formatted sd card inserted with the bin file on it
Sadly, with AC v1.10 and later DJI removed the ability to easily downgrade via official means. There are unofficial means, but they are not without risk and especially from v1.11.20. You can find the info using the forum’s search function.

or in the app holding on the 3 bars see attached photo
This is for the RC

i formated the card and now there is no camera folders or log file being gererated and no files hidden
Have you read the info about LOG_AB files that I linked to yesterday? It notes a way to get your AC to regenerate the LOG_AB file. Are you saying that you did read it but the suggested method failed?

Last edited:
Sadly, with AC v1.10 and later DJI removed the ability to easily downgrade via official means. There are unofficial means, but they are not without risk and especially from v1.11.20. You can find the info using the forum’s search function.

This is for the RC

Have you read the info about LOG_AB files that I linked to yesterday? It notes a way to get your AC to regenerate the LOG_AB file. Are you saying that you did read it but the suggested method failed?
thanks yes put on an old bin file made no attempt to go into that mode and did not write any log file

thanks cheddarman are you shure that you sent me to the right thread as this is not my problem
i was in your village at the beguinning of august on holiday
herbie

I think so, I was very nervous about doing the upgrade after all the disasters I'd heard about but it actually went OK.
Come to think of I had to go up in a couple of steps, not straight up to the 1.11 from the 1.4 or something.
You've got the right bunch on here to sort it for you, patience!

Glad you've been here, great little village!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic