Fatshark Attitude V3 Setup with P4

Reaction score
hey guys, I've been flying racing quads for about a year now and just picked up a P4 to start up my aerial videography business. I have a set of fatshark attitude v3 goggles which I use to fly my alien 5" build, is there anyway I can setup my V3s to work with the Phantom? Any help is greatly appreciated!

You need goggles with an HDMI input if you want to use them with your P4, so I think sadly, the answer is no.

This thread indicates that it's possible, but results not good? HDMI to RCA converter to connect FS Attitude tp Ph4

To use the HDMI feed, you either need to buy the DJI HDMI module for your controller, or use a tablet like the Nvidia Shield K1 which has HDMI out. (On the goggles side, other possibility would be to upgrade to the Dominator V3 if you're feeling rich!)

Reactions: steal2bits
Here's what you must do:

1) Install the HDMI output module on the back of your Phantom remote controller like this.
2) Upgrade the remote controller firmware from within DJI GO (if prompted to do so).
3) Connect the goggles to the HDMI output module with a mini HDMI cable.
4) Enable the image output in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-HDMI-Image-Output.png

Here's what you must do:

1) Install the HDMI output module on the back of your Phantom remote controller like this.
2) Upgrade the remote controller firmware from within DJI GO (if prompted to do so).
3) Connect the goggles to the HDMI output module with a mini HDMI cable.
4) Enable the image output in the following section of DJI GO:

View attachment 72248

Thanks msinger but my fatshark only has component hook ups.. Do you think it would work if I hooked up a hdmi to component adapter to the dji hdmi box before plugging in to my goggles?

On my views it's going to be;
- more complicated setup with more cables and box
- increased risk of video loss (plug disconnect, cheap hardware)
- RC battery drain, not sure how many mAh required for the box? Supported by RC?
- quality loss as reported by some pilot

For me sounds like buying high grade disc player but cheap speakers.. but can understand money side.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
On my views it's going to be;
- more complicated setup with more cables and box
- increased risk of video loss (plug disconnect, cheap hardware)
- RC battery drain, not sure how many mAh required for the box? Supported by RC?
- quality loss as reported by some pilot

For me sounds like buying high grade disc player but cheap speakers.. but can understand money side.

Thanks for the input, I'll probably just stick to using my iPad Air. I don't really need the FPV goggles since I'm using it to record Real Estate and Wedding videos anyways.. Just thought it would be cool to try it out. May wait until DJI comes out with some cool affordable goggles or something.

Thanks again,
SoyFPV

Thanks for reply, you will also look more professional. Note the optional HDMI board is an excellent investment. I'm using it with Dominator V3 but also for public video feed on TV monitors.

Have fun!

From a poster in this forum;
WEDDING DANCE FROM THE EYES OF MY PHANTOM 4
My Phantom's 1st gig - aerial coverage of a friend's wedding dance. What do you guys think?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/941730/

Thanks for reply, you will also look more professional. Note the optional HDMI board is an excellent investment. I'm using with Dominstor V3 but also for public video feed on TV monitors.

So with dominatorV3s do you still get the DJI interface in yr feed or is it just the video? Also routing yr feed to a live feed on a television is a good idea for an upsale for wedding party ;)

In DJI GO you can enable an option to see telemetry data on the top and at the bottom of the video feed but it's not same as in the tablet. More basic info like for jet pilots.

Note extra HDMI option only available when board installed and software upgraded.

Reactions: SoyFPV
So with dominatorV3s do you still get the DJI interface in yr feed or is it just the video?
This video shows what the view looks like inside the goggles:

Reactions: SoyFPV
Have fun!

From a poster in this forum;
WEDDING DANCE FROM THE EYES OF MY PHANTOM 4
My Phantom's 1st gig - aerial coverage of a friend's wedding dance. What do you guys think?
http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/941730/

Amazing ! Love the idea of hooking it up to an external screen !!!!

Just curious, was that all controlled manually? Circling the couple as they danced, extremely smooth control

The guy who did this video said he set yaw and camera tilt as slow setting in GO app for smooth movements and for precise orbiting he used auto flight mode "Point of interest".

(Text edited)

Last edited:
Reactions: shaun nadan
Enjoy the video!

Great wedding video. Curious how did you get around the probation of flying over people not involved? Is being in the wedding enough to consider they are participants or did you get signed waivers?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic