Reaction score
Over the last 5yrs or so I have had the P2, P3P and the P4, I sold each one to move to the next. About a year and a half ago my P4 literally fell out of the sky at 200ft while doing a waypoint mission through FPV Camera. To this day I don't know if it was that app or the fact I needed a firmware update, and I didn't want to do it in the field, so I skipped it. I was done with photo quads at that point and started only dealing with racing quads. Last fall I found a great deal on a Mavic Pro, so I got it. I didn't really fly it much besides the test flight, then it got cold here in the Midwest. Today we got up in th 60's so I took my Mavic to the park. DJI Go worked great, then I started flying through FPV Camera, because you can do waypoints and double screen for flying fpv mode. It all worked well, except....It would only fly 60ft away from me, then stop and give me an alert message "exceeding distance". So my questions are, does anybody know where in that app you can change the max distance, I have looked through the app for almost an hour and can't find it. Second, is FPV Camera even good software anymore, do people still use it? I see a lot about Litchi, but when I flew more often Litchi was only for Android, do they make it for IOS now? Sorry for rambling on, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Litchi for IOS yes,
Dji-go, there is a beginners mode and some time an update was making people re register before they could start the motors or fly past a certain distance, it never effected me, not sure why.

Because of so many DJI models, Phantom Pilots added a new forum, You problem get better results there.
DJI Mavic Drone Forum

Rod

Reactions: Jack Ley
my P4 literally fell out of the sky at 200ft while doing a waypoint mission through FPV Camera. To this day I don't know if it was that app or the fact I needed a firmware update
It would be extremely unlikely that the app caused a fall-from-the-sky incident and even more unlikely that it had anything to do with firmware (updated or not).
The most common cause is launching with a partially discharged battery that's been sitting around for a week or more.
Otherwise a hardware malfunction might be to blame but that's quite uncommon..
is FPV Camera even good software anymore, do people still use it? I see a lot about Litchi, but when I flew more often Litchi was only for Android, do they make it for IOS now?
Yes, Litchi is available for iOS. Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark
But why not fly with DJI Go?
It's probably the best app for general flying and photography.

Litchi for IOS yes,
Dji-go, there is a beginners mode and some time an update was making people re register before they could start the motors or fly past a certain distance, it never effected me, not sure why.

Because of so many DJI models, Phantom Pilots added a new forum, You problem get better results there.
DJI Mavic Drone Forum

Rod

Well on DJI Go it went as far away as I wanted, it was only on the app "FPV Camera" that it wouldn't let me fly further than 60' away.

Yes, Litchi is available for iOS. Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark
But why not fly with DJI Go?

I like DJI Go, for the things it does, it works great, but it does not do waypoints or a true orbit video, I use those a lot when I fly. Also the "FPV Camera" app has a fpv mode, where it splits the screen in two, then you can use a pair of VR goggles to fly first person. Do you know if Litchi has that?

I like DJI Go, for the things it does, it works great, but it does not do waypoints or a true orbit video, I use those a lot when I fly. Also the "FPV Camera" app has a fpv mode, where it splits the screen in two, then you can use a pair of VR goggles to fly first person. Do you know if Litchi has that?

Litchi does support split VR FPV mode.

Reactions: Jack Ley
Hmmm. FPV Camera has not been updated for two years. I'm not sure it's safe to use it anymore!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31