Drifting Problem Indoors Phantom 4

Reaction score
I've noticed that occasionally when I start my Phantom up inside my work shop that often times it hovers perfectly in place and other times it tilts (usually forward) and takes off flying at a walking pace. It is never locked onto GPS indoors (steel building) but why would it decide to take off moving sometimes and other times not move at all? Thanks!

I've noticed that occasionally when I start my Phantom up inside my work shop that often times it hovers perfectly in place and other times it tilts (usually forward) and takes off flying at a walking pace. It is never locked onto GPS indoors (steel building) but why would it decide to take off moving sometimes and other times not move at all? Thanks!
For the VPS to work, it needs adequate lighting and a definite pattern on the floor that it can recognise.
If the floor is plain and/or badly lit your VPS will not be able to assist and you are just flying in atti mode which will explain the drifting..

Reactions: Steven Ystebo
If VPS is causing the issue, you could try flying in ATTI mode. VPS is not used for positioning when in ATTI mode.

Reactions: Steven Ystebo
For the VPS to work, it needs adequate lighting and a definite pattern on the floor that it can recognise.
If the floor is plain and/or badly lit your VPS will not be able to assist and you are just flying in atti mode which will explain the drifting..

Wow! thank you so much! that makes sense. Dimly lit and floor patter were two common denominators in the instances this has happened. Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31