DJI Care Refresh. Multi Issues with replacement P4P

Reaction score
My P4A decided to fall out of the sky at the last waypoint on a Litchi Mission. I sent the pieces to DJI and did so under my DJI Care Refresh. Good News!! They sent me a P4P! Oh happy me.

However the P4P has not flown well since its first flight. I have been trying many fixes suggested by many.

Here is what the problem is, and what I have done so far.

During flight, and at random times, the aircraft will throw compass errors, IMU errors, loss of GPS errors and aircraft disconnected errors. All of the above will render the aircraft in atti mode. This can send a less than confident feeling. Most of the time within 1 - 2 minutes the aircraft regains GPS and compass, and all is well. For a while. Most of the time I am connected to the aircraft but as I said I lose that too and I am helpless for a minute or two. I have yet to fly beyond 1.5k. So range is not really an issue. I have had my other P4P out to 2.5k.

Another anomoly is that when I have been testing RTH, instead of flying straight forward towards Home, the aircraft flies about 20 degrees left of on course. In otherwords the aircraft heading is off. It still flies to the Home, but at a wonky angle, not straight.

Also when the errors occur the aircraft does circle during hover a little bit. When it regains GPS it hovers perfectly.

Ok

I have callibrated the IMU, Compass, of course checking to make sure no metal was arround, dead level etc.

A tech friend of mine suggested to roll back the latest firmware and re install. I did. That helped. Now the above issues only happen 1 or 2 times a 20 minute flight or lets say per battery.

I read that clearing the cache can fix a lot of problems. I backed up my flights on Airdata.com and proceded to delete and reinstall the DJI Go4 app. That did not correct the problem.

So if this below info helps and anyone has any further suggestions. I would sure appreciate it.

Here is some data from Airdata:

Jun 30th, 2018 07:12PM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 4.2.22 on iOS | Total Mileage: 3,698 ft | United States | Airdata UAV

Just learing how to analyze my air data info. Check out this one...

Jun 25th, 2018 01:57PM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 4.2.21 on iOS | Total Mileage: 13,723 ft | United States | Airdata UAV

It seams that I am getting consisten signal loss at relatively the same time intervals.

Looks like I am sending it back.

If anyone has Ideas that would be great.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-30_21-34-11.png
    upload_2018-6-30_21-34-11.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Why not just send it back to DJI? I realize the AC was replaced under your CARE plan, however, wasn't it also under warranty at the time?

Why not just send it back to DJI? I realize the AC was replaced under your CARE plan, however, wasn't it also under warranty at the time?

Well ya. First thought was send it back. Everything else is working well. So if there is a fix out there I would rather do that then having a big "?" when it comes to DJI.

And yes the first aircraft was a P4A. They sent me a P4P instead of an Advanced. I would sort of like to get this P4P working. Also if the Advanced was under warranty, I sent it to DJI under CARE express. No questions asked they simply ship you an as new or new aircraft. This one is as new obviously. If the only fix is deep repair and exchanging parts, yes. I will send it back. Before I do, I want to see if anyone has ideas. Thanks

And yes the first aircraft was a P4A. They sent me a P4P instead of an Advanced. I would sort of like to get this P4P working. Also if the Advanced was under warranty, I sent it to DJI under CARE express. No questions asked they simply ship you an as new or new aircraft. This one is as new obviously. If the only fix is deep repair and exchanging parts, yes. I will send it back. Before I do, I want to see if anyone has ideas. Thanks
Being new to this I purchased CARE to cover pilot error. When I had to use my warranty, I shipped it to DJI on a Monday and it was back on Friday.

What you described doesn't sound like any easy fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20