Does anyone here know sandman259 personally?

Hi just say sorry i sent you post last week,it was ment for eric,misread post thinking it was yourself dealing with sandman and p3a,,:(was to eagar to post,went wrong person,
Yeah,I figured you meant to send it to Eric as he is the one who dealt with sandman259,no problem and thanks for the clarification.

Between the public posts still on here that provide his general location and that he uses the same handle on other social media, it's easy to get his real name and address.

Yes here hoping he reading and does the right thing for ericL (mayby already has),makes me feel bad and im way down here,nz,mayby we get update saying it arrived , fingers crossed

Yes here hoping he reading and does the right thing for ericL (mayby already has),makes me feel bad and im way down here,nz,mayby we get update saying it arrived , fingers crossed
This would be a good opportunity for him to refund EricL's money.

See, in my (rather lame) defense, this is why I didn't really have a problem with paypalling (it's a verb) a guy who I had barely corresponded with a bunch of money. Look at the outpouring of support here, and all the folks trying to help. This is the sort of community I'm used to on forums like this one. You guys represent the quality of character you find in places like this. Sandman is the exception. I used to buy brewing equipment on a forum years ago this way; never had a problem. Lot's of computer parts too. And while I can't thank you all enough, I need to remind everyone that I have no one to blame but myself. I have not entirely given up as I think I may have found other avenues to pursue, but I think it's safe to say that I shouldn't be expecting a package at this point. He has not responded since that one email I sent when I noticed he'd disappeared from this forum.

I got burned using PP Friends and Family on another forum. Bottom line, good advice that should be stickied somewhere in the classifieds, DO NOT USE PAYPAL FRIENDS AND FAMILY. If someone complains about the the measly 3% Paypal charge for receiving money, don't buy it, or just tell them you will pay the 3% on top of the price to cover it! If they object to that, you know they plan on scamming you. Also put down the merchandise description when paying. This way Paypal can have some recourse against the seller.

Sorry to hear you got burned.

sorry you got taken . a few years back something similar happened to me . this guy wanted a camera i was selling on ebay from a photography forum i sent the camera he never paid me at all . he also had a small fairly new youtube channel reviewing camera gear and yes a few days later after he refused to answer me he posted a review of the camera he got me with . it took some help from a friend and a few comments on his youtube channel withing a month his channel was shutdown and the camera showed up at my door step thru UPS . im thinking either he changed his mind or he did the same thing to a few others and got scared hense the reason he sent me the camera back ... wish he was closer to me, at the time i would love to pay him a visit with a baseball bat full of lead on the inside that i carry on my H2 ....

Last edited:
Any more news? Hope that this ended in a good way
I traded some PMs with EricL and the last I heard was that he was still out his money and was writing it off as a lesson learned. He could make it awkward for sandman259 as he appears to be a semi-professional sportsman, but EricL decided to move past it. I'm not a fan of doxxing people, but it's not hard to trace that handle to a real person.

I traded some PMs with EricL and the last I heard was that he was still out his money and was writing it off as a lesson learned. He could make it awkward for sandman259 as he appears to be a semi-professional sportsman, but EricL decided to move past it. I'm not a fan of doxxing people, but it's not hard to trace that handle to a real person.
This is why I only buy or sell in Amazon or eBay. If I get scammed, I know I have peace of mind that my money lost will be reimbursed.

Im surprised that nobody knows the crooks real name. I guess thst sort of folks are good at hideing.
His name is known with a high degree of certainty and he's not really hidden. But it's a bad idea to dox him in a public forum. We only have one side of the story here. While I believe EricL, I was not part of the transaction. There is a difference between believing something to be true and knowing that thing to be true. If we post sandman259's personal information here and someone harasses him, we would be potentially liable for making libelous statements.

I'm going on the assumption that the board moderators could prevent that person from joining this (or other DronePIlots) boards under a different name. Just remember one thing, if Sandman259 wanted to set the record straight, nothing prevented him from doing so.

Wow. I was just directed here by another pilot. I live in Gresham and even replied to his posts. Glad I didn't ever meet up with him or my babies might be gone too! (Theoretically impossible due to safeguards). Sorry for your $$ loss and remember, what goes around, comes right back around and bites your butt clean off. Nobody gets away with doing these things without a day of accounting for it.

This is why I only buy or sell in Amazon or eBay. If I get scammed, I know I have peace of mind that my money lost will be reimbursed.

Understand your intent but it's typically PayPal whom deal with, and reimburses buyers on eBay - not eBay themselves (Amazon may be different). My point is it's how one pays (already covered early in this thread) with PayPal that affects buyers protection.

Sorry to hear about a deal gone bad. I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago on a satellite dish. The guy got the money and was gone. I contacted PayPal fraud, they approved my case for a refund, but I had to wait until the guy put funds in his PayPal account before they would send me the refund.- like that was going to happen.:eek:

Luckily I had funded the transaction with my debit card and not directly from my bank account. I called up the bank and the money was back in my account in a couple of days.
Since then I only fund transactions with debit or a credit card when making purchases on PayPal or online in general.

EricL, what did you use to fund your PayPal transaction?

forget the cops its a civil matter now ,and it sounds too time consuming to track him down and serve him (its your word against his)then he wont show up ,youll get a judgment ,he wont pay and you will start chasing him again.or the d bag could say anything ,including it was a gift (you sent it as a gift that's evidence for him in writing )you will lose and don't forget the burden of proof is on you , and your evidence is here say and not accepted in a court . I don't know how valuable your time is but maybe just let it go and be thankful it wasn't for a lot more ,don't lose sleep over it, . something I always remember many civil litigants are family members that end up suing each other over perceived robbing or cheating out of money by another family member. unless you have in writing,texts are admissible,a sales receipt or admission that he owes you thru your previous communications(keep them),youre done.sorry but trust no one blindly

Last edited:
It's hard to forget to... I mean.. My ex stole £5000 of things from me, all I wanted is my laptop as that had the only footage of my daughter at 10 mins old... She didnt even give that back... Not even the decency to burn it on a DVD and keep the laptop... The point being even though I moved on it still eats me up 10 years later. So I can see where he is coming from. ESP on here.... This forum is like a family... And we all get on well and trust each other... But because of one bad person.... Seems like we can't make a deal unless we are pointing guns at each others faces.
However I hope the fact I lost £5000 and important footage may give some comfort to the loss of the money paid for the drone and also the support from other members here too.
We may not all be perfect... But we are not all bad. Still having my fingers crossed for the drone to arrive

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
It's hard to forget to... I mean.. My ex stole £5000 of things from me, all I wanted is my laptop as that had the only footage of my daughter at 10 mins old... She didnt even give that back... Not even the decency to burn it on a DVD and keep the laptop... The point being even though I moved on it still eats me up 10 years later. So I can see where he is coming from. ESP on here.... This forum is like a family... And we all get on well and trust each other... But because of one bad person.... Seems like we can't make a deal unless we are pointing guns at each others faces.
However I hope the fact I lost £5000 and important footage may give some comfort to the loss of the money paid for the drone and also the support from other members here too.
We may not all be perfect... But we are not all bad. Still having my fingers crossed for the drone to arrive
That's awful, I would hate to lose the pictures and videos of my daughters when they were babies.

That drone is never going arrive and I think the OP has accepted that and moved on. Since the money was sent as a gift, the burden of proof would be on the buyer. It's not worth his time to pursue it in small claims court. The only good that came out of it is the lesson that you don't pay anyone on Paypal as a gift, unless it's actually a gift. If you use PayPal to buy something, do it the right way and you'll be protected.

Reactions: steve60
Since I live in the same town as him, I will be on the lookout for his fat goofy face. (I remember his profile pic) And would not hesitate to make a public spectacle of his sorry loser arsh. And will even film it in 1080p for you tube.

Reactions: macoman
Since I live in the same town as him, I will be on the lookout for his fat goofy face. (I remember his profile pic) And would not hesitate to make a public spectacle of his sorry loser arsh. And will even film it in 1080p for you tube.
Just remember, you have no proof that he did anything wrong. I believe the OP's side of the story to be true from what he posted publicly and privately, but I don't know that his story is true. Since Sandman259 is a semi-public figure in his field, attempting to publicly humiliate him without any concrete proof opens the door for him to sue you for defamation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT