Does anyone here know sandman259 personally?

Reaction score
Hello all,
I perhaps foolishly agreed to buy a P3A from member, or shall I say former member sandman259. I sent him $550 via paypal last Wednesday, July 19th. As he seemed to be a long-time member here I figured there was little risk. I have not heard from him since and he has not responded to an email I sent to the address the paypal was sent to. Also as mentioned, the original for sale thread now describes him as "guest".

Has anyone done business with this guy before? I do hundreds of dollars of transaction like this every year and I've never had a problem. Anyone have any advice beyond, "be more careful"?

Last edited:
Yes, it is a bit early to panic, but I notice he managed to find the time to cancel his membership to this forum. Thanks for the replies.

Maybe he wants to get a few flights in before he boxes it up and sends it out :blush:

Three days is probably not long enough to panic, except for the cancellation of his membership. The cancellation makes this a bit sketchy, but there still may be an explanation for what is going on.

If you do not hear back by COB on Monday, open up a dispute on Paypal. For a personal transaction, that is more than enough time for him to respond to your emails. More information about Paypal Buyer Protection can be found here. I would also contact the admins for this board. They'll have his email contact information and can keep an eye out if he opens up a new account.

Reactions: Simzy666
I don't think he cancelled his membership.
He was fine yesterday until he posted some inappropriate videos.
My guess is he got a couple weeks off for bad behavior
If that's the case he can't reply or post
You can't even look at his profile

Last edited:
Yes, it is a bit early to panic, but I notice he managed to find the time to cancel his membership to this forum. Thanks for the replies.
Have you contacted a mod to see if they can give you his email he used to sign in with ?. I know he was active on this forum sometime yesterday.

Thanks all for your helpful replies.

So far, I have made use of the email he supplied for the paypal transaction. No response so far but it's only been about 24 hours.

Budman, I found your post to be especially helpful, thanks. If you're correct, and a package shows up at my house next week, I'm going to be embarrassed, and I'll be needing a mod to delete this thread before he sees it! :)

Sorry guys... he is gone. He requested to be deleted and after the last group of post he made it was a welcomed request.
I would contact Pay-Pal fraud. I hope you sent it as a transaction and not money to a friend or it's gone.
Hopefully, he will follow through for you.

He did reply to me as of two hours ago and claims he sent the drone, but could not provide a tracking number. Thanks to the folks here who helped out. Nothing to do now but wait.

PayPal disputes will take weeks. If he was a nice guy, he would have contacted you by now. Put your nice stuff away and file now. (my 2 cents)

He did reply to me as of two hours ago and claims he sent the drone, but could not provide a tracking number. Thanks to the folks here who helped out. Nothing to do now but wait.
Shipping without a tracking number is a warning sign. Open up the dispute, if the drone arrives you can close the dispute.

Reactions: Technical Bob
I will say he hasn't made it easy for the other sellers on this board and made a few buyers a little more cautious.

Eric, any update you can share? Since he was a member here, I'd hate to see the thread end like this if in fact you did get the drone from Sandman. On the flip side, if he didn't send the drone it would be good to confirm that here as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20