Does anyone here know sandman259 personally?

Just remember, you have no proof that he did anything wrong. I believe the OP's side of the story to be true from what he posted publicly and privately, but I don't know that his story is true. Since Sandman259 is a semi-public figure in his field, attempting to publicly humiliate him without any concrete proof opens the door for him to sue you for defamation.
Take in all the public facts, (deleting his profile, missing drone/money) I don't think someone would make the stink about getting ripped off if it actually didn't happen in this matter. And where's this Sandman stating he didn't take the money (Oh, that's right , he deleted his account right after..). Yes, I'm aware of the state of people suing for this, suing for that. What's right is right, and whats wrong is wrong. Just stand, take a position and choose your sides. No, it's not my personal fight and I'm not talking about searching this guy out. The universe has a way of balancing things out, ying-yang style. Arguments made either stand on their own merit or fall without foundation. Not making a valid stand and just waiting for others to speak up for what is right lets the concrete set with your feet immovable. Probly what will end up happening is this guy will either lose his job (Through theft?), get something he values stolen, or something along these lines. You reap what you sow is a universial fact.

Something similar happened to my wife a few years back buying a purse on ebay. She was convinced to pay via non-paypal means and never heard from the person again. I was able to do some good old fashioned detective work and track down an address. I called the authorities but they said the theft had to be over $10,000 for them to get involved. They said they just don't have resources to deal with all the cases for money less than that. I was persistent and started calling the house, talking to friends, neighbors, relatives, realtor (the house was listed for sale), and even had a friend that lived in the area knock on the door and ask for the money owed. Eventually they got tired of dealing with me and sent the money back. Don't give up, you have a ton of support here.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I'm sure S-man likes the continued attention here.

Don't think for a minute he doesn't come back here to get a 'fix'.

Reactions: Neon Euc and V tail
Quite simply.... Don't pay any other way apart from PayPal. No disrespect to the OP here at all. Last year I bought a tablet for £30 and the shops was selling it for £120 so I thought it was a price glitch.... Obviously I bought it but it was fake.... Funny thing is the same thing happened twice under a week with a different name. Obviously PayPal refunded me but there was the option to buy straight from card..... For those who still haven't a linked PayPal account.... LINK IT.... otherwise you might aswell throw money to the crowed. And don't even use PayPal "family or friend" option unless you the person well. I only use family or friend to transfer money back and forth with my partner and a close friend in Singapore (even tho I havent met him... But hey.. He sent me 2 electric unicycles free of charge totaling £500) but yeah... I wouldn't use the family or friend option unless I knew that person well... Or at least get free stuff from them personally

Reactions: Loz
Something similar happened to my wife a few years back buying a purse on ebay. She was convinced to pay via non-paypal means and never heard from the person again. I was able to do some good old fashioned detective work and track down an address. I called the authorities but they said the theft had to be over $10,000 for them to get involved. They said they just don't have resources to deal with all the cases for money less than that. I was persistent and started calling the house, talking to friends, neighbors, relatives, realtor (the house was listed for sale), and even had a friend that lived in the area knock on the door and ask for the money owed. Eventually they got tired of dealing with me and sent the money back. Don't give up, you have a ton of support here.
I did something similar with a saddle I bought on Ebay.. this was back in the day and paypal didn't aggressively go after sellers like they do now. I started emailing him telling him I wanted the saddle, the money or somebody in Jail and I wouldn't stop until I had one of the three. Took a few emails but he came around.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT