FPVLR Antenna, for P4.. And my experience with Tony ( The owner )

After bringing it up on the FPVLR forums. Tony then claimed I sent him the remote damaged. And sent me these messages. Real stand up guy.

This should be publicized so people don't deal with this guy.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    330.9 KB · Views: 415
  • image.png
    image.png
    268.9 KB · Views: 414
You mentioned one of the boosters stopped working. Which boosters were you using? I have used the FPVLR setup with two boosters (2.5 watt sunhans) and have flown over 7 miles one way. I know that looking at the boosters, one of the leds on the receive booster will blink alternately and sometimes not appear to be on, but that is normal. From my experience also, location is so critical when attempting to get any decent distance. Also there have been some issues with the latest GO App which is causing transmission distance error messages. I have flown my P4 with just a cheap windsurfer antenna over 23,000, but that was over water with no obstructions.
I have to agree with you. Anyone in the know, or that has actually done these mods, knows the RX (it's the HD downlink side) that side will not glow the booster like the side that controls flight, which makes the unit glow purple or blue much brighter.
I have to contact Jake about my big Itlilite antenna, it's only about as good as my regular Itilite DBS mod, and that just doesn't seem right, it's should work better I feel, but I expect Jake to step up and he will do the right thing. Because he will, I will go out of my way to not return this item to him and sell it on eBay (if it's not broken or something obviously) vs asking him to take it back.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

72f19475f578a4c36a4b7bbaa967cf8c.jpg

Just to let you know. There was a firmware update and a dji GO App update as well.

They fixed weak signal message and i tested and the message is gone, and loss of image when i jerk the p4 and now there no shaky green picture.

I had this problem before and I would get weak signal problems and sometimes the screen went go green on some parts.

Now it like what the heck happen before lol,

I thought my rc was going bad.

I did the firmware last night, that didnt solve the problem, but when i got up this morning they update their dji go app. And tested today at 3:30pm eastern time. And its fixed! Couldnt test in morning it was raining.

Sent from my nice iphone6s+

using PhantomPilots mobile app

Typical Tony !! I hate you had to go through this to. He destroyed my p3 pro with his air side video amp and I had to sell it for parts to hunch aka [email protected]. FPVLR is nothing but bad news and it's a shame he's even allowed to do business at all. He's mentally unstable and needs professional help. But like others suggested talk to Jake at maxxuav.com. He will hook you up. There's no one more professional and knowledgeable about this. I've been trying to out fly my signal and I can't do it so maybe it's time for a battery modification. Good luck!! Fly Far Fly Safe!
I have same setup and can't outfly my signal, it's my area.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I have to agree with you. Anyone in the know, or that has actually done these mods, knows the RX (it's the HD downlink side) that side will not glow the booster like the side that controls flight, which makes the unit glow purple or blue much brighter.
I have to contact Jake about my big Itlilite antenna, it's only about as good as my regular Itilite DBS mod, and that just doesn't seem right, it's should work better I feel, but I expect Jake to step up and he will do the right thing. Because he will, I will go out of my way to not return this item to him and sell it on eBay (if it's not broken or something obviously) vs asking him to take it back.

I have tested the maxxrange and the it-lite dbs02

Tested on a rigexpert-24 meter

The maxxRange anntenna is recieving higher dbs bars

then the it-lite 02dbs anntena.

And with the anntenna that came with the rigexpert -24
Was lower bar then the above mention.

Im happy with both maxxRange and the it-lite dbs02

They do there job, but its all about your inviroment.

My advice. Test the stock, and both sm and large flat panel anntenas, in same area

And i also have the surfer anntenna too.

The stock anntennas:

Work nice if you fly behind you, and even if you have a big tall objects like your house, and trees.

But the flat panels, and windsurfer anntenas, signal is all sourced to the front of you.

Weather as alot to do with it too.

Away from the city, all work great, they work like they do. And watch your signal bars, where you start losing them. There you mark your signal distance.

Just mske sure you test all your anntenas on same hour, not the next day!

Its about tempture and wind speed. They play a factor too on battery distance too.

But today they fixed the weak signal problem.

Now i need to test on new firmware, and dja go app,

that too affects your signal distance measuring, And etc etc.

Another point....

The p4 is doing great on all anntenas mentioned above.

Your only limited by your battery fuel...

12 minutes out and 12 minutes back

And you can blame yourself on the anntenna mods, and its good ranges.

Because if goes beyond the point of no return,
And crashes, $1,400 down the drain.

you'll only regret is why i buy the modified amp anntenas.

Those modified amp anntennas are that good

I test in the same area. I fly the same directions, from my house, 3 routes. I got 2300 feet with FPVLR antenna, same route stock, 3400 feet..

Another direction 6200ft with " Boosted " , stock 7600ft..

I have tested the maxxrange and the it-lite dbs02

Tested on a rigexpert-24 meter

The maxxRange anntenna is recieving higher dbs bars

then the it-lite 02dbs anntena.

And with the anntenna that came with the rigexpert -24
Was lower bar then the above mention.

Im happy with both maxxRange and the it-lite dbs02

They do there job, but its all about your inviroment.

My advice. Test the stock, and both sm and large flat panel anntenas, in same area

And i also have the surfer anntenna too.

The stock anntennas:

Work nice if you fly behind you, and even if you have a big tall objects like your house, and trees.

But the flat panels, and windsurfer anntenas, signal is all sourced to the front of you.

Weather as alot to do with it too.

Away from the city, all work great, they work like they do. And watch your signal bars, where you start losing them. There you mark your signal distance.

Just mske sure you test all your anntenas on same hour, not the next day!

Its about tempture and wind speed. They play a factor too on battery distance too.

But today they fixed the weak signal problem.

Now i need to test on new firmware, and dja go app,

that too affects your signal distance measuring, And etc etc.

Do you have 6watts of power on your setups? I appreciate the info, but I'm way into this and your stating elementary figures and knowledge.
So, I'll just say yeah, I agree with you, that's why my post above the one you quoted me, I state it's the environment. With that I mean all environmental factors, weather would be one obviously, with time being another.
I've got two badass Hawking top shelve professional broadcast antenna sitting here (well one, other be here later today) and about $150 in super high end LMR-400 cable and 6' whips that LMR-240 to make holding remote easier. I've done as much homework and learning about antennas the last two months, and spent about, what, equal to $600 on boosters and antennas (4 total)

I'm just saying, if I say one works and the other one doesn't, I'm pretty sure that's the case. The bigger one does shoot the signal better for sure, but the RX isn't improved at all, and the booster glows a little bit on the 02, but barely at all on the big one. I'm thinking that boosted rigs, using the bigger one only helps control and not the downlink, and if that's not the case, maybe I have a bad antenna

Lol. Tony blocked me on Facebook like a child because I was critical of his anger and temper
Me too! He tries to control the information so he can sell more antennas to new people who don't know the type of person he is. Eventually his bad reputation will be too much to overcome .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

All I can say is: I sent duplicate email with antaenna inquiries to both, Tony at fpvlr and Jake at maxxuav. I ended up buying from Jake, he took the time to respond to all my purposefully, stupid questions!!! Tony responded with a few words that basically did not answer any of my questions, I felt he just wanted the money!!!
It seems I made the right choice buying from Jake

I was thinking to order a boosted set up from him, but decided to go with the maxx, this post hopefully help to keep people providing service more honest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic