FPVLR Antenna, for P4.. And my experience with Tony ( The owner )

Reaction score
So about 2 1/2 weeks ago, I sent my controller off to get the FPVLR mod, because a friend referred me to him, and we spoke and he is a good salesmen and sold me on it. So I paid 400$ for the antenna, and booster, as well as installation. I even paid for over night shipping to and from.. I also included a 40$ tip to him for the quick services..

For those of you that may have seen my other thread, I initially blamed USPS for damaging my controller on transit ( pictures included ). After talking to lots of people, and owning my own business where I ship much more fragile stuff, I came to the conclusion that Tony, or one of his " Installers" damaged my remote. I know how to pack a valuable and fragile product.

I became more suspicious after I realized, and I did not notice at first. That the grips were taken off when the picture was sent. Leaving me to believe he damaged it trying to get it open. Why would someone continue with the remote, if it was indeed damaged, and the owner had not been contacted yet. Makes no sense to me, and a lot of you here felt the same way.

After contacting him about this issue, and needless to say I was a little disappointed, but I am a fair guy. I told him to just send it and fix it with epoxy if possible. He did.

I received my RC and was so excited to go fly it. I like in the "cove" with big mountains around e almost 360 degrees, so with my stock phantom, and flying from my front yard, I was only getting about 2,500 feet with out line of site. With line of site, I got up to 5900 on a windy day, completely stock. So I flew it straight down my street, which is completely line of site straight out into the open desert, with good altitude, around 300-400 feet to insure I kept a good signal. I got weak RC signal, and weak image transmission at exactly 6200 feet.. This disappointed me, but I felt maybe, I did something wrong? Did not charge the battery right ( unlikely ) crossed cables ( impossible to actually do ) or something along those lines..

Seeing as I had one arm in a sling I was not actually able to take a photo of the screen, and didn't think to screen shot it.

So I contacted Tony, who was at first wanting me to connect it straight to the antennas which I did, and it was worse than stock P4 antenna's! He claims on his website, that just the antennas alone will give you a 4x boost in performance. We argued back and forth and I finally told him he will make it right or I will file a claim and make a post. I did make a post about the issue I was having on a FB group and having a bad connection issue. We worked everything out, and seriously, after him smutting up every other company, and telling me for over an hour why so many people hate him and all this stuff we agreed he would send me a new controller from his shop with a new setup, IF I PAID SHIPPING TO AND FROM. Okay, that was fine..

But then he found my original post on here, and on FB and blew up on me. Saying he lost all respect for me, and if he wants me to fix my RC I need to take them down ( I didn't ). I decided to leave the issue alone. I honestly don't trust sending my RC back to a guy who gets so hostile, and obviously has no prior experience or does not care about his customers. Note to Tony : Customers are always right. He repeatedly called me a liar, saying that I was lying about the distance I was getting. That I needed to prove it before he would fix it or give me a replacement. After going back and forth for a day or two, about him sending me a new system, or refunding me before I send his stuff back, he never agreed to anything. Told me to file a paypal claim, because I was not getting my money back or anything..

Today I went out, hoping against hope everything would work out.. And guess what. One of the boosters, just sitting took a **** on me. It is not giving out any power, and it is not the battery, I know how to diagnose something. This is beyond pissing me off..

I am just going to resort to buying a new RC, and staying stock for a while. This guy is a swindler, and a cheat. He is a liar, and will tell you anything you want to hear to get your money from you. EVEN IF YOU SHOW HIM GOOD FAITH. His customer service sucks, and he is an *******. He talks about nothing but how good his company is, and how the other companies have people they pay to smut him up and make him look bad. He then continued to disrespect all the other companies calling everyone that had one of their antenna foul names, and accusing them of cheating. Also, accused him of banning him from here because they know his product is better than everyone else..

Please do yourself a favor, do not deal with this guy. He is a cheat. And will do you wrong.

Also, when asked, he said he threw the box away, that the controller came in, and it was damaged but his wife threw it away..

I need new options on a long range system with some good people that stand by it, and will help me out when I need it..

[EXPLETIVES REMOVED]

Last edited by a moderator:
So about 2 1/2 weeks ago, I sent my controller off to get the FPVLR mod, because a friend referred me to him, and we spoke and he is a good salesmen and sold me on it. So I paid 400$ for the antenna, and booster, as well as installation. I even paid for over night shipping to and from.. I also included a 40$ tip to him for the quick services..

For those of you that may have seen my other thread, I initially blamed USPS for damaging my controller on transit ( pictures included ). After talking to lots of people, and owning my own business where I ship much more fragile stuff, I came to the conclusion that Tony, or one of his " Installers" damaged my remote. I know how to pack a valuable and fragile product.

I became more suspicious after I realized, and I did not notice at first. That the grips were taken off when the picture was sent. Leaving me to believe he damaged it trying to get it open. Why would someone continue with the remote, if it was indeed damaged, and the owner had not been contacted yet. Makes no sense to me, and a lot of you here felt the same way.

After contacting him about this issue, and needless to say I was a little disappointed, but I am a fair guy. I told him to just send it and fix it with epoxy if possible. He did.

I received my RC and was so excited to go fly it. I like in the "cove" with big mountains around e almost 360 degrees, so with my stock phantom, and flying from my front yard, I was only getting about 2,500 feet with out line of site. With line of site, I got up to 5900 on a windy day, completely stock. So I flew it straight down my street, which is completely line of site straight out into the open desert, with good altitude, around 300-400 feet to insure I kept a good signal. I got weak RC signal, and weak image transmission at exactly 6200 feet.. This disappointed me, but I felt maybe, I did something wrong? Did not charge the battery right ( unlikely ) crossed cables ( impossible to actually do ) or something along those lines..

Seeing as I had one arm in a sling I was not actually able to take a photo of the screen, and didn't think to screen shot it.

So I contacted Tony, who was at first wanting me to connect it straight to the antennas which I did, and it was worse than stock P4 antenna's! He claims on his website, that just the antennas alone will give you a 4x boost in performance. We argued back and forth and I finally told him he will make it right or I will file a claim and make a post. I did make a post about the issue I was having on a FB group and having a bad connection issue. We worked everything out, and seriously, after him smutting up every other company, and telling me for over an hour why so many people hate him and all this stuff we agreed he would send me a new controller from his shop with a new setup, IF I PAID SHIPPING TO AND FROM. Okay, that was fine..

But then he found my original post on here, and on FB and blew up on me. Saying he lost all respect for me, and if he wants me to fix my RC I need to take them down ( I didn't ). I decided to leave the issue alone. I honestly don't trust sending my RC back to a guy who gets so hostile, and obviously has no prior experience or does not care about his customers. Note to Tony : Customers are always right. He repeatedly called me a liar, saying that I was lying about the distance I was getting. That I needed to prove it before he would fix it or give me a replacement. After going back and forth for a day or two, about him sending me a new system, or refunding me before I send his stuff back, he never agreed to anything. Told me to file a paypal claim, because I was not getting my money back or anything..

Today I went out, hoping against hope everything would work out.. And guess what. One of the boosters, just sitting took a **** on me. It is not giving out any power, and it is not the battery, I know how to diagnose something. This is beyond pissing me off..

I am just going to resort to buying a new RC, and staying stock for a while. This guy is a swindler, and a cheat. He is a liar, and will tell you anything you want to hear to get your money from you. EVEN IF YOU SHOW HIM GOOD FAITH. His customer service sucks, and he is an *******. He talks about nothing but how good his company is, and how the other companies have people they pay to smut him up and make him look bad. He then continued to disrespect all the other companies calling everyone that had one of their antenna foul names, and accusing them of cheating. Also, accused him of banning him from here because they know his product is better than everyone else..

Please do yourself a favor, do not deal with this guy. He is a cheat. And will do you wrong.

Also, when asked, he said he threw the box away, that the controller came in, and it was damaged but his wife threw it away..

I need new options on a long range system with some good people that stand by it, and will help me out when I need it..

Pretty much, **** Tony, and **** FPVLR.
You must of not read the guidelines and saw not to post about your problems with any venders on the board and to do so with them . Let alone the language . o_O

mj-is-here.jpg

If we can post complete BS threads about made up items and continue to spam threads with quadruple posts and the admins/mods not do anything about it. Then please... tell us more..

Jake from MaxxUAV is on point with customer service though if you're interested in future controller modding.

Reactions: liketogethigh
mj-is-here.jpg

If we can post complete BS threads about made up items and continue to spam threads with quadruple posts and the admins/mods not do anything about it. Then please... tell us more..

Jake from MaxxUAV is on point with customer service though if you're interested in future controller modding.
I know of one other thread on this and I hate to say it but his opinion of that owner is a pretty common one. He is his own worst enemy. Anyways, if you see an issue please use the report button... we can't fix things we are not aware of.

[EXPLETIVES REMOVED]
You mentioned one of the boosters stopped working. Which boosters were you using? I have used the FPVLR setup with two boosters (2.5 watt sunhans) and have flown over 7 miles one way. I know that looking at the boosters, one of the leds on the receive booster will blink alternately and sometimes not appear to be on, but that is normal. From my experience also, location is so critical when attempting to get any decent distance. Also there have been some issues with the latest GO App which is causing transmission distance error messages. I have flown my P4 with just a cheap windsurfer antenna over 23,000, but that was over water with no obstructions.

As I have said, the boost stopped working. I get weak signal now at 30 feet away. No blinking or fading green light. I have gone out to the desert and have friends with P3Ps getting 2.5 miles stock, while I get 6200 meters regardless of location direct or altitude.

Not to mention Tony's response to all this. Very hostile, and very judge mental. Even claimed I was lying about the problem I have had.

Also what is the point of a group, when you can't state your opinion. He is not a vendor on this forum, so why not. And from my understanding he is not because of problems people have had with him. It should be known, how I was treated and how is 300$ " best on the market" equipment has held up.

Not to
Mention my controller being damaged

This is the picture tony sent me, when he "opened" the box. But in the mean time started to disassemble it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 466
Also what is the point of a group, when you can't state your opinion. He is not a vendor on this forum, so why not. .
Why not...from the Guidelines
Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.
I'm not saying I don't agree with you but we do need to follow the guidelines here .

Typical Tony !! I hate you had to go through this to. He destroyed my p3 pro with his air side video amp and I had to sell it for parts to hunch aka [email protected]. FPVLR is nothing but bad news and it's a shame he's even allowed to do business at all. He's mentally unstable and needs professional help. But like others suggested talk to Jake at maxxuav.com. He will hook you up. There's no one more professional and knowledgeable about this. I've been trying to out fly my signal and I can't do it so maybe it's time for a battery modification. Good luck!! Fly Far Fly Safe!

Please tell me you're disputing this through your payment method. They should yank that money right back from him

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Guys, now you might find this comment unusual as I still have not purchased my bird after months and months. During those months I have been watching many sites,talking to as many people trying to find out as much information as I can about flying drones and the best one for me. In this forum I have found many people willing to help, everybody has there own opinions about all sorts of things and I really respect that. Now as I said I don't own my own drone yet, I'm the type of guy who always does his research before buying anything.I looked and listened about which drone is best,how to get more range etc,etc. I live in Adelaide South Australia and unlike the good old U.S.A we don't have many drones, here or shops doing upgrades etc, now I've spoke to Jake from MaxxUAV this guy is so helpful ,knowing I didn't even own a bird spent time giving me great advise and is willing to ship to Australia,which is great. Now there are so many people on this forum who have purchased upgrades from Jake. Please understand I have not spent a cent with Jakes company ,YET. Now this post was asking for recommendations, this is my unusual reply because I would recommend Jake at MAXX UAV after having seen , heard, read, everybody's results. Genuine interested results.When I get my bird ,think it will be a phantom 4 can't wait ,saving hard then I will speak to Jake again. Jake if your reading this I'm still saving and will hassle you soon enough lol and to all on here I'm enjoying reading all the posts and ideas thanks. Regards............Tred

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks everyone for the help here.

I just got off the phone with Jake@MaxxUAV and we worked everything out.

Thankfully he had a brand new P4 Controller he is going to modify for me, so I have a brand new setup. New RC, and New Antenna, with the Evo Kit Plus. Looking forward to getting this and having the results I want to have.

As for the FPVLR. I am going to attempt to run just the Antenna, and see what range I can get with it..

Reactions: MasterBlaster
Deleted from their group. 3000ft with a boosted setup. And I get all the blame. Was even told I broke my remote and blamed it on Tony

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2 MB · Views: 418

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj